Itt: Pleb Filters

Movies/tv that if mentioned as being liked by a person means you can disregard them and their opinions.

I love this show as much as I fucking love science bro. Interstellar is my favorite flick of all time.

Aww still mad about this show op? Is it because they said god doesn't real? Is it because deep down you know it's true and that makes you feel small?
Don't worry, one day you'll die and all these things that trouble you so will be gone forever.

it's a fine show, but still highly overrated especially when they try to make me "feel" something for the cast, dunno why that is though , maybe it's just because they haven't been around long enough

I love this show almost as much as I love weed. Star fox 64 my favortite space game of the early 90s.

I think this is my main criticism with the show and its fanbase. Great show, enjoyed it a lot, lots of laughs. But there have only been two seasons and after the delays associated with the third it's hard to imagine them making that many more seasons of this show but people talk about it as if it's the second coming.

Who talks about it like it's the second coming?

Mm, incorrect. The first season is pretty good, it was bizarre and "smart" enough to be entertaining with some great jokes tossed in pretty often. The second season is pure reddit, it insists upon itself, telling the viewer something is funny because they said so rather than making an actual joke. Why is "I'm Mr. Buldops" a real line and a repeated one at that? Just appealed to hard to the fanbase it quickly developed and I am willing to guarantee that Dan Harmon edited the scripts Justin Roiland wrote very heavily, if not writing most of the episodes himself. Harmon is an annoying manchild alcoholic whose profession is tanking his own good ideas.

Do you struggle with having feelings for cartoon characters?

Multiple people I know personally as well as a large albeit non majority group of fans that I've seen online.

Summer gives me a semi

It's basically Futurama.

>Why is "I'm Mr. Buldops" a real line and a repeated one at that?
because they are mocking popular music, much of which is stupid garbage

Why do people know so much about this show
I like the show and I wouldn't bother to give this much of a fuck, much less if I didn't like the show. I don't get it.

That's not what a pleb filter ia, idiot. You described the opposite definition.

Iterstellar isn't about science, it's about love

Knowing the two writers, whose names are in the main intro during a still, is knowing "so much" about the show? It's not like this show is either of their first rodeos, they've both been big names for a while now, Harmon more than Roiland but Roiland has a lot of content out there, it's an easy rabbit hole to descend.
It's easy to learn about the show because Harmon runs his mouth often. He does AMAs where he reveals his personality and while idiots gobble it up, anyone with a brain might stop and realize that maybe this answers why the show saw a decline in its second season.
That early first episode of season 3 seemed promising, though. Hopefully we see a return to the roots.

dudes, rick and morty is like, totally deep and layered and smart.
pass me the bong while i talk about my love of science, which is another thing i love about rick and morty.
they totally love science like me.
what kind of science you ask?
you know, just vague science of no particular field.
i love science, but then i'm just a cut above the usual trash i come across.
did i mention that everything's bleak and sucks and is meaningless?
yeah, i am that edgy.

the only thing worse than the rick and morty autistic fanbase is the babies crying about them. this is coming from a guy that likes the cartoon, but doesn't make a fucking reddit thread about it.

>trying this hard
Where did the bad show touch you? Do you need to see a trauma counselor to talk about your experience?

>he doesn't know the meaning of pleb filter

Quite the opposite actually. If someone doesn't like this show I automatically disregard them as human or they're just an annoying contrarian faggot. Like yourself op.

2001: A Space Odyssey

hey fuck you man Star Fox 64 was great don't include it in your shit memes

upvoted

I don't think pleb filter means what you think it means

You tell them my good sir! *upvotes and teleports away*

>regarding a made-up phrase that only applies on one board of one terribly outdated website so highly

Hate to break it to you kid, but this show had a horrible second season and not liking it makes someone smart, not contrarian. Kill yourself

>work in a lab
>the only people who like it are stoner undergrads there for the summer who supported Bernie
I also have one friend who likes it, and he unironically thinks there's nothing wrong with letting your wife fuck other men.

all phrases are made-up retard

t. cuck

No one in the thread, but I have wondered if "pleb filter" meant something signifying pleb status or something pleb's aren't able to make it past.

The latter. then?

Whoa... really preheats my oven.
It is something that plebs don't like/don't understand. Of course, the only people calling someone "pleb" for their entertainment tastes is a pretty hollow individual, so really the phrase ends up meaning nothing. If you enjoy something, fine. If you don't, you don't. Lots of "patricians" on this site enjoy pure garbage which would be okay if they weren't so smug about it.

Anything not John Wick

Gaze, eyes unprotected, upon true pure kino

are people here hipsters? Just because so many people like this show you have to hate it?

I watched the entirety of season one to give it a shot, and got sick of
>H-Hey Morty, Hey Mor- *BAAARRRRPPPP* Morty listen, we gotta get the thing, we gotta get the- *BRAAAAPPPP*
Your mom is cheating on your dad and Morty, we gotta get the scifi dimension alien thing and remember that god isn't real and nothing matters Morty! You're dumb and nothing matters!!!
After 3 episodes.

these scene is probably the funniest scene I have ever seen

I'm in tears

>are people here hipsters?
Either new or a troll. Either way here's your response.
If you want to dumb it down, yes. Imagine being such a husk of a human being that the shows you watch are what you consider worthy of elevating you above other people and nothing else. That's a huge percentage of this website.

It's the post-teenager group that absolutely loves this series and constantly brings it up in class in some form or other. It's just very edgy and introduces the childminded to the concept of science.

Source; I teach mediastudents

not really. you're just saying that because you only watch garbage and we're not sucking your dick for it like they do over at reddit. watch more film

Yeah I'm new to Sup Forums and that's just ridiculous, who the fuck cares what kind of shows/movies people watch? That's pretentious and pathetic, isn't it?

why does she do the tongue thing?

>Imagine being such a husk of a human being that the shows you watch are what you consider worthy of elevating you above other people and nothing else.

Same goes for weeaboos, Sup Forums and Sup Forums. I hope they find purpose

Jesus, man. They're movies. I pray you don't follow that flowchart that has Sutherland as a fucking source.
I think it's a young (likely underage) thing. People who don't understand that opinions and taste change. When they (Christ, especially Sup Forums) grows up they'll realize that while others may have seemed wrong, they weren't right either.

exactly. they're just movies. which is why you shouldn't get mad when everyone calls you a pleb and accept that they hate your favorite garbage not because they are "contrarian" but because they have good taste.

he she ever shown her tits?

Right, right, people who don't like Tarkovsky are idiots and people who don't listen to Death Grips are bottom of the barrel idiots, Armond White is the only good reviewer around, great stuff user you're brilliant.
Stop calling people pleb, you sound so pathetic I am almost vicariously embarrassed. This site isn't real life if you didn't know.
Kind of but not purely. It's a shame, considering they're literally bursting out of her clothes to get out.

i need it man

you are the one bringing it up by calling others contrarian. accept different opinions without getting triggered. don't respond to me. read your first post again, realize why you're wrong and move on :^)

Literally never said "contrarian" until just then, fammo, though it is real in a way (ex: Armond White) it isn't exactly too meaningful.
Sorry for responding to you, I'm sure it hurts. And thank you for trolling, always glad to help.

you assumed people are pretending to hate the show and only watch stuff for image. it was a sad projection, and it didn't go unnoticed!

At this point you're not making any sense. I thought we found common ground, you just sound silly. But here's the (You) you wanted.

Here's a hint, If you find the show you enjoy is also enjoyed by retarded people(reddit) on a similar level as you do, then it's likely the show is made to appeal to retards who think they're intelligent and you're one of them.

If you don't give a shit about what shows people watch, then why are you here getting defensive?

Is that what I said? Oh, it isn't, is it? Sweet reading comprehension. I wonder when you'll finally stop.
I dislike pretentious attitudes. Like yours, I guess. It's okay to like what assholes call shit because chances are they enjoy something equally "accessible". It's a stupid attitude.
Did you just want another Haley pic? Shoulda asked, my dude.

People here don't want to talk about movies with the kind of retards who praise capeshit, if you don't like it, leave.

>using capeshit unironically
Well. So you're beyond saving.
But hey, here's that spotlight you've always wanted but never got in the real world: what's a real movie to you?

Futurama for Retards that is.

It's a cape movie, cape movies are shit. Thus capeshit. I think people who get excited about them are likely very retarded, and so do the great majority of Sup Forums.

>does
btw

lol ikr what an emotionally insecure nerd that can't even enjoy Rick and MOrty.

Any CW capeshit
I'd an hero before watching that garbage.

> If you find the show you enjoy is also enjoyed by retarded people(reddit) on a similar level as you do, then it's likely the show is made to appeal to retards who think they're intelligent and you're one of them.
While channers are reffined and exquisite connoissuers of fine arts
Yeah,go fuck yourself,retarded channer NEET who get high on his own farts

I bet you love Big Bang Theory.

>that scene
No need to waste my time on that movie, I see.

Love how people on this shitwhole of a Vietnamese website always strive to mark themselves as superior over the most trivial shit like this rainbow diarrhea TV show by Dan Harmon