Ghost Rider in Agent's of Shield season 4

Out of the four plus Ghost Riders they could have picked to bring Ghost Rider into the MCU, they went with Robbie Reyes...
My favorite Marvel superhero and they literally pick the worst version of the spirit of vengeance.
I feel cucked...

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Ghost-Rider-Daniel-Ultimate-Collection/dp/0785164472/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1469414599&sr=1-3&keywords=ghost rider
amazon.com/Ghost-Rider-Omnibus-Jason-Aaron/dp/078514367X/ref=sr_1_13?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1469414790&sr=1-13&keywords=ghost rider
amazon.com/Ghost-Rider-Danny-Ketch-Addict/dp/0785132864/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1469414941&sr=1-3&keywords=ghost rider danny ketch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>worst version
>not Alejandra

You fucked up user, it could be much worse.

It's true OP, Robbie was
>different enough to be worth a change
>Interesting in his own way
>didn't try to replace the original
All the things a legacy character needs. unlike, say, Ghost Rider+tits

Far from the worst bucko.

Even if he was the worst version of GR (he isn't, Alejandra is), why would you want your favorite rendition to be in the shit show that is AoS?

>Drives a fucking car.
Oh yeah exciting. Nothing more exciting than parking the car first then getting out to fight.

He controls it telepathically (or just magically I guess), and can phase through it, so he incorporates it into combat. It actually makes for some really cool fight scenes

I grant both of you that, you got me there.

I agree with you on that, a car is just so much less cool than a big flaming motorcycle.
But I also just find Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch infinitely more interesting than Reyes.
Or at least a lot cooler in terms of character.

So if you folks had to rank the Ghost Riders from ones you'd most want to see and least want to see, what would they be?

He doesn't need to park the car. He can phase right through it. It's been awhile since I read it but I'm also pretty sure it can move on its own or he controls it or something.

And it has a bottomless trunk.

That's it, I'm storytiming Robbie tomorrow

Did they reveal anything other than the car
The teaser had a normal flaming skull, where's the helmet?

Whatever happened to his storyline and his brother flying out a window? Was that ever finished?

I swear half you faggots havent even read Robbies book. Hes not better than Ketch but for fuck sake people

Gabe gets possessed Eli, Robbie faces him with what little Rider power he has left, Gabe finally comes to his senses and exorcises Eli back into Robbie, Robbie condemns that mob guy to hell, Robbie is now stuck with Eli forever and strikes a bargain with him

Reyes would unquestionably be third but I like to imagine that they're testing the waters with him. Why not use a new Ghost Rider that new readers might be able to find stories of easily if they're interested and then if he goes over well then you can use Cage and Ketch in different areas?

He was fine,eli gave him powers to make him kill his old enemies.
Then he made a deal with robbie,he will murder people as long as their scum

the chapter after that was the last issue.

Robbie finds out that his uncle/spirit of vengence tricked his brother so that he could use him to get his revenge. Robbie made a deal with his uncle so that he wouldn't use his brother to do his dirty work.

Its a shame Marvel didn't renew ANGR and put out comics for ANAD that sold worse than what ANGR did.

i just think his design is fucking awful.

Well, if this is the case, I choose to consider (shitty as they may be) the
Ghost Rider films with Cage to be part of the MCU. They just happened pre-Iron Man, and the events never got noticed due to their relatively minor nature. Or they might be in some hidden corner of the SHIELD archives.

It happened, damn it. Johhny Blaze was and is the Ghost Rider.

sauce?

>Johnnyfags still doing mental gymnastics to justify him over Ketch

Ah thank you all. I think I did finish that after all but was hoping for more. Anything new with him? I remember reading the ghost rider battles or whatever but nothing since that

I'm out of the loop, so is GhostLowRider magic demon like the other two or is he something else?

He's showing up in Agents of SHIELD. Go look up any information about Comic Con.

The only other thing was Ghost Racers and since then Robbie has been absent

Do you really not understand WHY they chose him?

It's not because they want him to be the main GR, it's because if they do Ghost Rider in a Netflix show or movie, they'll obviously use Johnny instead.

I still hope the next round of shows includes Ghost Rider. I'd want Tomb of Dracula and Werewolf by Night as well but there's no chance for those, not "superhero-y" enough.

He's possessed by the spirit of his satanic uncle instead of a spirit of vengeance. Hes technically not a Ghost Rider but he has powers similar to them

If slotting two inconsequential films with unimportant events into an empty part of the MCU timeline is mental gymnastics, it's the 10mm High Jump. You could quite easily slot the first Blade film in there too. Both fit in, because they take place in the 90s and cause fuckall contradictions and raise no questions that couldn't easily be handwaved.

Common theory is they want something otherworldly to tie into Doctor Strange, and Robbie is the safest choice since he's (as has been stated in this thread) not officially a Ghost Rider so you can establish him as "possessed by his uncle" without cracking open the "servant of heaven/agent of hell" box.

Plus it lets them save Johnny and Danny for more important things, sort of why only D-list characters have appeared on SHIELD already.

>A box Marvel in the comics has never even been brave enough to open, as far as I know.
>While DC has an entire mystic universe underpinning everything, with a living manifestation of nature, the principles (Dream, Death, ect), Heaven, and Hell.

Hurts man, because my major is theology, and myth, and Marvel is the more comfy setting overall.

Marvel's theology is kind of a mess. They have some overarching themes of god and hell, such as the ongoing war of their various Devil incarnations that are all vying for the chair. But all the Pantheons stacking on top of each other over the years doesn't help matters.

I think the best part of Johnny's most recent Ghost Rider volume from around Civil War was how they started expanding on that.

>the events never got noticed due to their relatively minor nature
This is just the nature of Ghost Rider, he shows up for cameos but he pretty much takes care of his shit without involving other heroes. You know what he was busy doing when everyone was freaking out about world war hulk? Killing Satan!

And Civil War and Secret Invasion.

To be fair he also got involved in WWH, which should always be remembered because it's the issue that firmly established GR's powerlevel.

What's next? He's gonna ride the commuter bus from hell?

>Marvel Ghost Rider Angels

Oh, wow, that's pretty. But they aren't proper, Biblical style Angels, right? Cosmic beings of some sort, or from a another realm and what 'we' based angels on?

Marvel hasn't into Judaeo-christian mythology.

No it's actually God, as far as Ghost Rider has established. It's not necessarily Judaeo-Christian god, it's just God, who appears to everyone differently based on their beliefs. One God, one Heaven, but depending who you are it looks different to you.

They never explain it away as "aliens" or alternate dimensions, at least not that I've see. Just God, angels, the whole nine yards.

Huh. Awesome. Marvel just became even more comfy. Thanks user, guess I need to get into Ghost Rider. Where does this happen? I'll try and get hold of a trade.

At least she's a spirit of vengeance, yeah she sucks but she's a Ghost rider, Robbie is much of a spirit of vengeance as blazing skull is.

The car will have burnt down completely by the time he gets there. He'll be log-rolling on a smoldering axle when he enters the parking lot.

This happened in Ghost Rider volume 5, which was split between Daniel Way and Jason Aaron. Most people consider Aaron's bit to be much better than Way's, but I think they're both valuable and cool, especially since Way's arc ties right into Johnny's motivation in Aaron's.

I'm sure you might be able to find cheaper alternatives, but here's the three sets that make up the storyline.

Way's run: amazon.com/Ghost-Rider-Daniel-Ultimate-Collection/dp/0785164472/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1469414599&sr=1-3&keywords=ghost rider

Aaron's run amazon.com/Ghost-Rider-Omnibus-Jason-Aaron/dp/078514367X/ref=sr_1_13?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1469414790&sr=1-13&keywords=ghost rider

Danny Ketch prequel/side story to Aaron's run amazon.com/Ghost-Rider-Danny-Ketch-Addict/dp/0785132864/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1469414941&sr=1-3&keywords=ghost rider danny ketch

The angel scene I posted was also from Ghost Rider's Shadowland tie-in, which is really the only good one-shot to come out of that terrible event and sort of acts as an epilogue to the whole saga, since Johnny essentially tells God that God owes him for the events in Aaron's run, and God sends in the Angels.

Thanks user, went above and beyond there.

No problem. I've always had a problem with explaining what volume something or other is. Much easier to just link you stuff.

I'm also kind of sad because now that I'm finally in a place with disposable income, all the comics I read ten years ago are either out of print or super pricey through "authorized sellers" on Barnes and Noble or Amazon.

>super pricey through "authorized sellers" on Barnes and Noble or Amazon.

Shit, yeah, that second link (the Omnibus) is pretty much an entire months worth of play money. I think I may have to settle for just knowing God is now a thing in Marvel.

You could probably spread it out. There are multiple TPBs on amazon that cover the whole breath of the omnibus, I just linked the easiest thing.

It's hell that gets confusing in marvel. To summarize, when early humans invented the idea of the devil and hell, a bunch of powerful evil beings all liked the idea and ran with it, so now we have like 5 different devils, all of which run their own dimension full of fire brimstone and damned souls.

That would actually be kinda cool. A huge flaming buss with demons as it's passengers and ads on the side of it featuring Mephisto in parodies of popular movies.

But who will voice Eli?

And none of them will take the throne

Congratulations! You guys just write the review of the last Arkhan game

You're over a year late to that joke being fresh user.