e
e
s
y

who /cornfields/ here?

Miles of the stuff

me

Longboy hath no power here

will someone this cool ever run for prez again?

it never ends

Ye

I'm surprised that /dixie/ likes Huey Long so much considering that he believed that FDR didn't go far enough with the New Deal

who /abject depression/ here?

i think that his force of personality and balls would make up for the shittiness of economic interventionism

OwO

I try to stay happy

/corn/

I lost all my /midwest/ related images

I still have some

Do you have the flagbearer one I did?

This is the only one I have

i wake up every day thankful i'm not some faggot c*lifornian

I'll go look back in the archives

incredibly rude

>live in california
>get some earthquakes
>the next day everything's burning
>the next day you're having mudslides
I feel bad for you guys

/culvers/

Found it

are you a housewife?

why is it called midwest and not just middle

no?

Because it's the middle of the west you dumb.

Because it used to be the western part of the country then it became the middle duh

not a housewife or orange county?

i don't get it

well you really fucked that one up didnt you

>The term Midwestern has been in use since the 1880s to refer to portions of the central United States. A variant term, Middle West, has been used since the 19th century and remains relatively common.[6][7] Another term sometimes applied to the same general region is the heartland.[8] Other designations for the region have fallen out of use, such as the Northwest or Old Northwest (from "Northwest Territory") and Mid-America. The Northwest Territory (1787) was one of the earliest territories of the United States, stretching northwest from the Ohio River to northern Minnesota and the upper-Mississippi. The upper-Mississippi watershed including the Missouri and Illinois Rivers was the setting for the earlier French settlements of the Illinois Country.

>Literally any state mentioned outside of California, Texas, and New York
>"Flyover!" spam

>Goes to the general threads of said state expecting no hard feelings

Heartland is cooler than midwest

>midwestern
>central
still don't get it

lets all be pals

Midwest is the term that stuck. From what I understand the term Heartland has evolved to be more general.
It used to be the Northwest and I guess the "west" part stuck when it became the middle

When the US became independent, every piece of owned territory up to the Mississippi and above the Mason Dixon line was considered the west
After the Louisiana Purchase, it became halfway to the new frontier in what was the colony of Louisiana
It was henceforth called the Middle West or Midwest

i see. thank you lads.

Yep no problem bud, do you have any more questions?

what was the west doing during the civil war

Being slaughtered on the frontier by natives while the eligible men were drafted to fight Dixie

California sent botes and troops to help with the blockade

DO YOU LIKE
MY CARRRR

no

>Temporarily move from the Midwest to the west-coast
>People ask where your from
>Say your from X state in the Midwest
>Oh/ew, a southerner!

Where are you from?

*you're*

typo :(

What?

Missouri?

don't forget you'd unable to afford a home, surrounded by illegals, have the worst infrastructure in the country, have the highest income/gas/sales tax

You sure do hate a place you ain't gonna be

Yes. I guess it's south compared to Oregon and Washington, but it's not like we're the deep south. We're not Mississippi.

The Eastern half is part of the prairie pothole region, so it sorta is.

>ooo yaa skol Vikangz

underrated image

>pissing at a urinal
>zipper on my jeans doesn't work
>have to wiggle them up and down to piss
>spend like 3 minutes in the public bathroom (with people in it) with my bare ass out trying to wiggle them back up to my waist

>>pissing at a urinal
>>bare ass out

I'd call it Midwest not Dixie

/iowa/

What's everyones favourite emo album?

I like the one where they all move to the West Coast after high school and become jerks

user's life

Just PA stopping by to say hey.

I don't listen to emo music

This Is a Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About?
I Could Do Whatever I Want If I Wanted

I don't listen to emo music, I'm just talking about my emo friends in high school

This post is zonking me out

WHY DOES IT SNOW SO MUCH IN UPPER MICHIGAN

north

The curse of the Finns

It's just lake effect

No I'm pretty good about eating. Sometimes I might go a day if it's particularly busy but usually I manage to eat

Found out there's 3 Joker's today and I'm not sure how to feel

jokers*

The Midwest fucking sucks but I can't help but miss it when I've been away too long.

Where are you from originally?

Indiana born, moved around like five times before I was ten and then ended up back in Indiana.

I have to agree with you on missing it though. Whenever I leave the Midwest, even though it can feel empty, there's some aspect of it that I just feel like I miss that I can't place

Maybe it's just how spacious, vast, and homely it is. The people tend to whine about the same shit day in and day out, usually about mundane petty shit, but I still feel more comfortable around them than I do others.

I think most of my discussions about Ohio have been about how unpredictable the weather is, so yeah, people have a habit about complaining about the same tedious things. Maybe it's just because it's what we're used to that we like it so much.