Pokémon GO Is Racist; Easier To Play in Wealthier, White Neighborhoods

>Damning statistics overlay city-map infographics to confirm the uncomfortable truth that there aren't as many Poké nerds glued to their smartphones in poorer neighborhoods. "Placemaking can only be as inclusive as the population engaged in the process." Indeed.

>“In neighborhoods that are majority white, there are 55 portals on average, compared with 19 portals in neighborhoods that are majority black,” wrote Shiva Kooragayala and Tanaya Srini in the report. They added that this disparity held true even when they controlled for population density and the amount of millennials living in the neighborhoods.

>The issue may stem from how users used to be able to suggest portal locations for Ingress, and the game’s user base was skewed towards younger, male English-speakers
time.com/4443225/pokemon-go-affluent-white-neighborhoods-report/

There's literally nothing left that hasn't been called sexist or racist.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_Ebonics_resolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

niggers were dumb and didn't make portals in Ingress

>speaking english in america is racist

wow it's fucking nothing.

ignoring the fact that those places are added by suggestion by players, niggers burn down anything of note in their own hoods

Because Black people are not into Pokemon as much as White kids are, even super liberal Neogaf will admit this

Blacks like Persona & Street Fighter for example, not so much Pokemon

>Kooragayala
>Tanaya
>Srini

Are these more new Sun/Moon Pokemon?

>There's literally nothing left that hasn't been called sexist or racist

That just means you should start ignoring these retards that like to pretend everything is problematic.

>Because Black people are not into Pokemon as much as White kids are, even super liberal Neogaf will admit this

maybe it has something to do with being less than 1/10th of the population (after accounting for incarceration rates)

wtf I hate Jynx now

Its not racist. Its based on Ingress, where users could add their own "pokestops". Thus, it reflects the userbase of Ingress which is primarily white anglos.

Isn't this obvious around the world?
The darker the neighbourhood the lower level the Pokemon at the Gyms.

Seems like a global rule.
Non-Asians and non-whites are different from us and have more primal instincts.

They don't actually call it racist.

Last paragraph went a bit retarded though.

/thread

>more stops are intoduced in black neighborhoods
>some nu male gets out wearing blue
>dies

>nintendo says they dont put pokestops in high crime areas
>all black areas have no pokestops

Because a dilapidated house or an outline in chalk of a dead nigger is an awesome place for a pokestop, isn't it?

Let alone the fact that the highest density of pokestops are on public property where anyone can easily go, including blacks.

Never forget

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_Ebonics_resolution

stops are at places of historical significance, which white people appreciate and take care of. anything of historical importance in the ghettos just gets covered in graffiti or stolen.

Niggers don't know anything about a metro park or botanical garden.

holy shit America what are you doing

Funny how Asian, European or even Mexican immigrants can manage perfect English within a generation at most but the niggers have been living in America for over 300 years and they still can't talk English like normal adults.

>pokemon go is racist

>play pogemon gö in the hood
>get shot because you accidentally run into random thug

These people are advocating for non-niggers to go into nigger dens and get mugged/raped/assaulted/murdered by nigger savages.

I live in a very upscale apartment complex here in taiwan and I have 3 of those stops in our private courtyard. I think it has to do with wealth because some poor areas have none

Nigg entitlement. Rural areas have like no pokestops and next to no pokemon

Also I imagine they placed these spots based on crime rate in an area so every location that has 5 shooting a year

What other things could become Pokestops? A pile of used syringes? A hobo in a box? Porch-monkeys on the street corner?

>Shiva Kooragayala

a clear example of white privilege. This is why Hillary must win

same problem as with cops shooting blacks

>work in gang neighborhoods, see them shooting at each other with fucking AK 47´s and UZI´s
>be afraid for your life if they reach their hands out of sight
>RAYCISS BIGOT COPS OUT TO KILL BLACKS DAT DINDU NUFFIN

must be great in ´murica to literally be a insulted the second you refuse to hang out in neighborhoods where you instantly get mugged and shot as soon as you look at some1 :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Places that Nigs would see as distinct areas of peace... so KFC.

They only wish to culturally enrich those privileged white fucks!

>stops are at places of historical significance
Literally anywhere can be a stop. There's a stop at this tattoo place by my favorite bar. It's based on ingress.

>tfw I cant tell if you are talking about the USA or Germany

game is ruined from spoofers anyway who gives a shit

I call bullshit. Downtown Petersburg, Va is a shithole yet it is filled with pokestops and Pokemon.

Dude, do you remember how much of a pain it was to get a bicycle in Pokémon Red/Blue?

No way am I riding that through nigger territory.

Did some Pokémon Go players get stabbed in Paris because they were on some dealer's turf?

>I think it has to do with wealth because some poor areas have none

It doesn't. It's based on things such as population density, wifi activity (the more different devices ping near that location, the more stops, hence why it appears to select for wealth), how often a spot is mentioned/liked/shared on social media, how often it is photographed by smart technology, the number of requests to put a stop in an area, etc., etc.

Ghettos have less notable statues and landmarks
well fucking color me surprised

actually dont color me at all,i like to be white

>actually dont color me at all,i like to be white

this could be good
post it on reddit and shit
leftists go to ghettos
what could go wrong

yea i wonder why they don't see it beneficial that a bunch of scrawny white kids with glasses don't wonder into a ghetto filled with hardened criminals with their expensive iphones out looking for pokemon, fucking racist cunts lad

>ENGLISH SPEAKERS

is it PLANNED to make it so that the "inhabitants of neighbourhoods that are majority black" have another reason to venture into the neighbourhoods that are majority white?

i for one would like a great supply of "portals" whereever they are to keep them there