Why don't Europeans build American-styled McMansions...

Why don't Europeans build American-styled McMansions? Their construction cost is like that of an average European apartment cuckshed. Why do Europeans like living in commie blocks?

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-homes-britain-smallest-europe-1849813
youtube.com/watch?v=dcbjWGj3jBk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Space

this has long been answered. land is expensive. might be affordable in remote areas but still not practical to buy.

either way, its nice to see houses like those.

I can only speak for Germany.

We lack space and have strict regulations on efficiency, safety, construction, and others.

what do you cucks need a mansion for.
1 room apartment is enough to shitpost all day.

too many blacks/browns demandig low cost housing

??? Big ass houses from actual bricks in bumfuck nowhere in Europe cost just as much as in the states.

Its just that most of houses in europe are in densely populated areas therefore expensive just as in US.

>Space
Spaaaaace is a big place, maaaaan.
Like... why don't we all just live in space?

Because our homes are made of bricks and mortar here, not old happy meal boxes and some pritt-stick.

Just compare the population density of US and Europe. Too little available land and too high prices.

Take a closer look at that house m8

420 blaze it faggot

European countries are fucking tiny, and they destroyed any natural wonder

It's just urban sprawl and depression

99% of them have never seen a tree outside of street decorations, no animals but squirrels

Ah, the average brit consoling shtick.
Our houses can and are built of brick and mortar, and they still cost less than a small, "quality" cuckshed in your lands.
The US has more land and more freedom, just accept that the average "amerifat" lives in a larger and nicer home than yours for less money?

Stay jelly.

Everything is expensive

>implying that's not a timber construction with decorative bricks on the outside

1. Land is very expensive in most places (partly due to planning laws keeping a lot of land unavailable for construction)
2. We like to have a house that isn't built out of Papier-mâché.
3. What do you need a mansion for? I inherited a house with 3-400m2 of living space and I have no fucking clue what to do with most of it.
I'd be perfectly fine with a bedroom, an office, bathroom, kitchen, and a storage shed.

I honestly believe large things trigger Eurocucks. they don't build large skyscrapers for that reason I think

You're not fucking serious are you?

>this triggers the burger

Land is much more expensive

*cuck shed

Here is your answer

>and a storage shed.
>storage shed.

Is that the Austrian euphemism for them?

Because Europeans build their homes to last centuries. Americans build their "mansions" out of plywood.

europe used to have a fuck load of people, which is why they had to make small houses

whoah uk you are living in favela tier space

No room.

You can drive from the bottom of England to the top of Scotland in under 2 days, and this is an island of 60 million plus Im talking about here. Theres too many people on my small island.

Aren't russians some of the poorest people around? the average monthly income is terrible, they don't have the same purchasing power.

Triggered

Because American McMansions are pure retardation.

Thanks to low interest rates, fags keep trying to live outside of their means and buy suburban mcmansions, which contractors continue to build because they are desired.

Meanwhile half of them get foreclosed from debt and the banking jewery continues.

The only remaining small houses are shitholes nobody will live in because nobody bothers to build quality inexpensive small homes anymore because why should anyone be frugal?

Jesus fucking christ

2 days?

You're a state, not a country

Lands end to John O'groats isn't even a 24 hour drive if you take no breaks.
Also UK wide density is wrong, since large parts of Scotland and Wales are like northern Sweden, entirely devoid of people beyond a few villages. England is too densely populated, 55 million people in 50,000 square miles.

Because we like houses to last more than 30 years.

America is fuckhuge.

Everything in our urban planning is designed around the idea that we have fuck you amounts of land and we can do whatever the hell we want with all of it.

Walmart twice size of a football field? Let's have five of em in a 10 mile radius.

I feel sorry for the poor eurocucks stuck shopping in some hole in the wall to buy a can of beans. I get to unashamedly shop at steel palaces.

Because only Yanks live like Yanks - thank goodness.
(My apologies for the Aussies who also have McMansions :-(

My dad who lives in the states said the same thing. He said a paramedic and his bimbo wife moved into a mansion next door. At night he could see inside the whole house, because they couldn't afford curtains for all the windows and that there was one table and a couch in the house, the rest of it was empty.

They did not last there long and moved out. A pure case of living beyond one's means.

We have different values than showing status through materialism and wealth.

I am truly embarrassed by this.

I'd suicide living somewhere that utterly claustrophobic

How are declining birthrates even an issue?

Yet we managed to own a quarter of the planet from this little island. There are towns 20 miles apparent with entirely differing accents too.

>Why do Europeans like living in commie blocks?

They don't really. We just have bad modern architecture.
Suburbia is cancer anyway.

>1300km

Jesus that's like a weekend trip here.

As said, your problem is that you have like 5mil people living in the northern half of your country and 50mil living in the south.

>hypermarkets only exist in murrika

This isn't 2007 anymore. The housing crisis is over

That's bullshit my kangaroo eating friend. Australia in fact the only country in the world with larger homes than Americans. You like your space too.

Europeans miss out because of simple land restrictions. They live in a small, pitiful place. In a way I feel bad for them. They saw the new world as a solution to this problem, but through mismanagement that they will never admit, they lost it all. But don't try to act like you're anything but a smaller, southern hemisphere version of us. With bad internet.

The countryside is comfy as fuck lad.
But yeah, muh birthrates is a Jew meme to allow more nigs and Pakis in.

What do you even need all that space for? Maybe if you had some fuckhuge family with your parents and grandparents living together it could be justifiable, but I bet they all live separately.

>need

This is a retard meme, when I lived in the UK most of the houses were of very poor quality compared to North American houses. They all were drafty, moldy, poor air quality, had poor interior materials, inconstant temperatures through out the houses, laughable plumbing, and to top it off you guys have shit tier appliances. The only thing you have going in Yuripe are more consistent aesthetics, which can be had here for $$$.

You can only build massive houses like that for cheap in the shittiest, most remote corn field in the US. Otherwise it would be just as expensive.

Look at NYC you couldn't even afford a shoebox there.

We have the same here out in the countryside, but only weirdos and old people want to live in those remote areas.

We have some hypermarkets in big cities, but most shut down as they make shopping for food take 3x as long.
Supermarkets are king.

They can't go for walks, to forest next to their house, explore their environment without a car... So they need huge space where they are trapped.

living closer together is more convenient for inbreeding

Do you know what State even means?

>What do you even need all that space for?

That's rich coming from you Ivan

Why is this rich? I honestly have no idea how you could live in a huge house alone or with a small family. It's more of an inconvenience than anything.

>americans don't have a fence surrounding their house
wtf. people can just walk up and look in your bedroom window or spray graffiti on your house.

>butthurt cuz his country is just ice and trees

With the houses like the one in the pic there is fence around the neighborhood to keep out the niggers.

The space is for all the useless shit us Americans buy.

Keep in mind America has a huge consumerist culture where things like the latest smartphone, TVs, etc are bought constantly by people who don't need them due to advertising out the ass.

Master bedroom with on-suite, main bathroom plus maybe another toilet for guests, dedicated laundry, kitchen, dinning room, lounge room, bedroom for each kid, office/study, attached garage, outdoor entertaining area and if your lucky home gym, bar and media room.

A house in HK may be small but still could command big $$$ for an asking price.

My apt in NYC is a fraction the size of my home in the midwest, but has a greater "market value".

In Detroit one could buy an older house, luxury type mansion for barley above $100k.

Of all the impoverished, sad and pitiful Europeans, Brits, in their tiny little pathetic hovels, have the most distorted sense of reality. Land here is dirt cheap. I own 7 1/2 acres with a three bedroom house. And I live 20 minutes from a majority city. Real estate is just cheap here because there's so much of it. Stay mad.

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-homes-britain-smallest-europe-1849813

My parent's home (I'm currently renting a flat for uni) is a 4 bedroom house, all could fit a double bed, though 1 is pretty small so has a single bed. Master bedroom has an on-suite with a shower and there's a main bathroom too.
Then downstairs here's a hall, living room, kitchen with utility room, dining room and toilet. Double garage attached.
Sounds the same except the bar/media room memes. A media room is your living room surely?

Blanket statement.

Our house cost 138k. Bought it when the market was in the shitter about 4 years ago.

Neighbor with identical layout just sold his for 240k. By the time we finish improvements we will make a little over 100k.

>And I live 20 minutes from a majority city

1. What is a 'majority' city
2. You only have 2/3 decent cities and I doubt you live close to any of them with a McMansion, unless you're extremely wealthy.

I'm in the process of moving to America, can I ask what sort of wage is needed for a house like that.

I'll be on a starting wage of $28000 dollars. Was thinking of renting.

Because these "McMansions", are made of plywood crap. You hit a wall too hard? It fucking breaks. These houses also need constant re-investment, because else they fucking rot away, doubly so in wet climate like central europe would have.

Wait, that's before we even got to the topic of fire hazard, heat retainability, and structure safety.

All in all, they only look nice, but would be wholly unsuited for european laws and mentalities. (We like our houses to last two generations min, thank you very much)

youtube.com/watch?v=dcbjWGj3jBk
famous internet bald man* explains it pretty well
>no,* the other one

>Why don't Europeans build American-styled McMansions? Their construction cost is like that of an average European apartment cuckshed. Why do Europeans like living in commie blocks?
Space and heating costs mostly.

That's a veneer. 100%.

>MUH HOUSE SIZE

Half jewified, half negrified. Keep proving Hitler right, Amis.

Typo. I meant major city. I live on the outskirts of Montgomery County, PA, about 20 or so minutes, depending on the traffic, from Philadelphia. My point is, it's not difficult at all to buy a spacious home with land in America nearby a metropolis as long you're willing to deal with a commute. It's dirt cheap in fact. So fuck your excuses.

I pay around $1100 a month, including mortgage and utilities. But with less land, you'd paid even less. The trick really is if you're willing to commute. I figure,and extra 15 minutes or so on the highway is worth it for the peace of mind. Not everybody agrees, but if you want it that way, it's easy to find property on the outskirts of any major hub. Just check out Zillow.

because americans are mindless materialists

Separate room dedicated to watching movies/vidya with out annoying people in the main lounge room.

not everything in america is as dismal and moldy as in central europe

half of the country is dry cold and mold afaik is only really a problem along the eastern seaboard and along the great lakes

our country is just cheaper all around

I have a cousin that bought a castle in france for the cost of a euro home kek

>Their construction cost is like that of an average European apartment

and that is reflected in the quality m8

I don't know why you don't just open up some clay pits and build yourselves some proper houses. Ply is a great material, but not for the integrity of the house. Get some fuggin' bricks in there.

>I live on the outskirts of Montgomery County, PA, about 20 or so minutes, depending on the traffic, from Philadelphia

Exactly my point, you live near an irrelevant city. I can get a 4 bedroom near an irrelevant city here for £80k or less too.

Why would I want to drive 1 hour to work? Just to have a giant empty matchstick house?
No thanks, my 70m2 flat in the city centre is all I need.

This is one of the main reasons I hate suburbia.

It's fairly convenient, but it's just so fucking ugly.

Rows of cookie cutter houses offer not the beauty of architecture nor that of nature. You also get neither the intimacy of a city nor the peace of a rural area. It's overall just not good, but Americans can't get enough of the suburban cancer.

Daily reminder that the average American house looks like this.

nah it might be real brick since it is a nicer house but it still dose nothing for the house structurally speaking.

> im a Burger not Polish

Our outrageous land values are not all bad. The more its worth the more £ you get from percentage increase. Hence why so many brits are able to sell up in later life and move where they like with cash in the bank. Also easier to own a holiday home.

Gotta take the good with the bad.

As shitty as Philly is, it's not irrelevant. It's the 6th biggest city in the country if I'm not mistaken.

Okay, it's irrelevant. Fuck you. But if you can get a nice place then what, am I supposed to be mad? Good for you.

>what is land price

Europe is small and crowded. shits expensive yo.

>dismal and moldy
>German houses

pick one nigger.

>I have a cousin that bought a castle in france for the cost of a euro home kek

so he bought a castle in Europe for the price of a normal house in Europe? Show me that castle that only costs as much as a house and doesnt need at least 250k of work.

something is off with that scale

the number of houses stands for half a unit or something...

why are anglos so awful at metics?

you could drive it in one day. california can be done in 8 hours and it's bigger than your country

I'd say you could do for more peole though, as long as they're white.

kek the ply wood is not for the structural integrity they use 2x4 lumber for that. Im not saying that bricks are not better.

There is the same culture here in Australia

You get your shit McMansion for cheap because it uses the same exact plans at least 1/4 of the houses in your estate, you literally go in and choose one of four

It has no back yard, often in terrible areas, I.e. Built on coal wash

Every corner possible is cut, low building material quality, getting third world imports to build it for you

Idiots literally go to the bank, ask for literally the maximum they can get a loan for (which is way to much in Australia) and pat for there shit house

The cost of living in the US is just less costly than many countries because of a few reasons..

** lower taxes. No 20% VAT bullshit

**gas is cheap, about $2.00 a gallon today

**land is generally cheap so the cost of building a house on a few acres looks like a bargain compared to most EU countries.

**The US doesn't have an army of nosy bureaucrats imposing/collecting fees/fines from their citizens, like EU countries.

** etc

What is this minimalist cuck shed devoid of any human expression or art that is catching on these days?

Put some fucking color and fancy wood in there, hang some painting with elaborate frames and maybe even some fucking curtains and rugs, this oversimplification style started literally with communism I hope you know that.

Oh I Don't doubt that they are real bricks, its just a thin coating of halfs on the outside of the wooden structure. Problem is the join looks shoddy and its just an imitation. Just the idea of an imitation gives it a negative attribute if you ask me.

>spain
what work?

my best friend grew up in a double wide. they look like shit on the outside, but some of the better made ones are actually pretty comfy.

>Two-car garage for storage, we have a driveway we park five cars in so it's better used for stuff
>Basement with full kitchen and neet lounge, bathroom, extra rooms for storage, laundry, and boiler
>Ground floor with two living rooms, dining room, office, bathroom, kitchen with adjacent small dining area
>Second floor with five bedrooms, two bathrooms, balconies near two bedrooms
>guest house with small living room, bathroom, and bedroom off to the side
>mfw 5,000 sq feet total
>mfw my family only has three people living there

jesus where is this

as a lad I always dreamed of exploring and settling countryside. I guess it's part of our genes, as the restless of europe.

It'd be nice to have a revived manifest destiny where we had to worry more about shooting bears than niggers on foodstamps though

Firstly theres not much free space in central Europe, so land costs much.

Secondary, US building practices are complete shit so no one in sane mind would build cardboard houses like US instead of normal ones.