Seeing as how Wanda and Pietro are no longer Magneto's children, are they even twins anymore or was that a lie too?

Seeing as how Wanda and Pietro are no longer Magneto's children, are they even twins anymore or was that a lie too?

Yes they're still twins.
Now their story is
>Gypsies have a pair of twins
>High Evolutionary kidnaps them and turns them into psuedo-mutants
>Having grown bored of them he has them returned to their Gypsy parents
>Their parents not knowing its them, adopt them and name them after themselves.

step 1. ignore all retcons. everything is the best way and only the best way.
step q. twincest is hot

But Magneto being their dad IS a retcon.

>step 1. ignore all retcons. everything is the best way and only the best way.
Wanda and Pietro being Mag's kids is a retcon itself.

you clearly missed the part about 'the best way'
them being his kids is the best way. ignore all retcons after that unless they're an improvement.

>ignore all retcons
is not the same as
>only regard the best canon

keeping in mind the date this is being stated. Obviously if I said this in the 70s I'd be a moron.
I'd like to say ignore all retcons past the 90s but the truth is there are still a couple okay ones, here and there. but not many.

get out of here Dan

wait since the fuck when are they twins. i thought they found out they were siblings at the same time they found out magneto was their dad
what else should canon be?

Sure, but you still said "ignore all retcons," which doesn't make sense in this case. You need some sort of modifier or stipulation (modern retcons, shitty retcons, etc).

also since when were they raised by gypsies? i thought magneto was raised by gypsies after his jew family died. i thought wanda and pietro were, yknow, american.. aside from their names.. which i guess should have been a tipoff. huh.

Is that really a retcon though? It's not like they explicitly WEREN'T his kids before. We need a different word for additive and subtractive retcons.

I'm like 98% sure they were siblings since the first appearance.

>It's not like they explicitly WEREN'T his kids before
I forgot where, but I believe it was said that GA Whizzer was intended to be their father.

As long as they don't have the X-men movie rights, they're not Magneto's kids.

This basically a custody battle in and out of universe.

Whizzer and Miss America were led to believe they were their parents in-universe. But was retconned and new info came out when Magneto said he and Magda were the parents.

So they just ret-conned Bova out of existence? She RAISED those 2 shits!

Them being Magneto's kids is terrible

See The actual Maximoffs have been a part of their lives well before this. The retcon only made them experiments of the High Evolutionary as opposed to being mutants.

Hello there, I'm the part of Wanda's origin that actually makes total sense yet is totally ignored by retard comicbook writers.

I thematically fit with Wanda, add weight to her character, and have a more interesting dynamic than either Fagneto or High Emolutionary.

so. have you seen X-Men Age of Apocalypse yet?

>Hoping for anything good to ever come of Scarlet Witch in a world where Bendis is a top tier writer.

Oh, poor user.

We're talking about comic continuity here. Fox can do as they please obviously.

She still exists. She's a cow woman, made by the High Evolutionary. Which makes sense, as animal people are kind of his thing.

No, Marvel intern, it wasn't.

It really was. It was the beginning of the slow, downward spiral of their character arcs.

It's been retconned again

Now their real mother is some relative of the Maximoffs named Natalya who was also a Scarlet Witch and even though Wanda never knew her, she was inspired to take the name from her

I'm sure you think so with such vague criticisms, Marvel intern.

>step q
?

I don't understand what James Robinson is doing.

He could have told us a simple story of Wanda's ordinary mother and her fond memories of her and how that helps her in difficult times.
Instead he turned Wanda's mother into a magic lady, and made the Scarlet Witch title into a hand-me-down.

I suspect the lack of connection with the rest of the MU is because of editorial edict rather than Robinson; the book has been heavily constrained by that and the rotating artists.

Robinson makes Chaos Magic "woman power" and bizarrely thinks Wanda lacked an arch enemy even though she is one of the few female comic book characters to have a distinct, thematically apt, arch-foe, err...and said foe is where the Chaos Magic came from, Jim.

It appears Avengers books can use Wanda (cynically around the release of Civil War, I noticed Vision and New Avengers did this), but Wanda's book can't use Avengers or other characters.

I just find Marvel's handling of Wanda and Pietro so inept that they now feel safer with the MCU and Fox respectively than with Marvel's publishing division.

I loved how convoluted that family tree was at one point.

>He is your homosexual grandson's homosexual boyfriend
>They are homosexuals

So how did Magneto take it he wasn't their dad?

>characters who's whole plot was the having false parents after false parents
>magneto is a false parent
>Wah! Marvel is shit
Jesus Sup Forums

Canon should mean every tiny detail needs to be analyzed and explained from every possible angle and to make everything that can possibly be connected, connected.

Two characters look kinda similar? They're related! Something seems outlandish by today's standards? It was all a dream!