After staying away from the spotlight for over 15 years...

>After staying away from the spotlight for over 15 years, original Star Wars trilogy actor Alec Guinness finally spoke his mind about Episode 7. It appears that he is not too excited about the new entries in this old franchise.

>"It (Star Wars) is basically catering to man children now. It's sad really, to see that this new film simply recycles and rehashes what we had made almost 40 years ago. If anything it shows how afraid they think these men, for lack of better word, are of leaving their fantasy world, their safe space. But then again, when a franchise like this one reaches its 7th film, maybe it is time to start worrying."

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/star-wars-alec-guiness-talks-episode-7

Wow, based Alec.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tXREsCUyPMM
youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug
pinknews.co.uk/2014/06/27/sir-ian-mckellen-alec-guinness-begged-me-not-to-fight-for-gay-rights/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alec_Guinness
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He will always be a good friend. I'll be sad when he dies.

please leave reddit

>It (Star Wars) is basically catering to man children now
Who did he think it catered to before? Why is everyone acting like Star Wars wasn't loved specifically by fat nerds

>Alec Guiness will die in our lifetime

seems he did get more powerful than we could ever imagine

He told us. We didn't listen.

>Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control
Pegg

>SW movies are for children but they don't want to admit it. There's a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike
Lucas

>SW created the big-budget comic book mentality, it ate the heart and the soul of Hollywood
Schrader

>A 12yo boy told me proudly that he had seen SW over a 100 times? I said 'could you promise never to see it again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his 30s, isn't living in a fantasy world of secondhand childish banalities
Guinness

>I don't think they are making them an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core
Cronenberg

>I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me
Friedkin

>They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human
Iñárritu

>Spandex must cost a lot. I look at them and scratch my head. I’m really baffled by it
Gibson

>Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire, this religion. It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States
Jodorowsky

>To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence
A. Moore

>It's produced by humans who can't stand looking at other humans. And that's why the industry is full of otaku!
Miyazaki

He was a good friend; Star Wars manchildren eternally blown the fuck out.

stale pasta

itt fucking retards

its retarded to listen to the wisdom of someone with as much experience as fuckin Alec Guiness?

checked

I loved his anime movie Bridge on the river Kawaii

he hasnt aged a day

>tfw not sure if kidding, or genuinely retarded

That Pegg quote is the dumbest shit ever

this nigga died in 2000

>>"It (Star Wars) is basically catering to man children now. It's sad really, to see that this new film simply recycles and rehashes what we had made almost 40 years ago. If anything it shows how afraid they think these men, for lack of better word, are of leaving their fantasy world, their safe space. But then again, when a franchise like this one reaches its 7th film, maybe it is time to start worrying."

lol that's why both new movies have had female leads and the people making it said the empire is a racist white male organization

>It's sad really, to see that this new film simply recycles and rehashes what we had made almost 40 years ago. If anything it shows how afraid they think these men, for lack of better word, are of leaving their fantasy world, their safe space.

No, it's a rehash because j j Abrams is a talentless piece of shit who ruins everything he's ever touched and only has a fucking job because mommy and daddy are both in the industry.

How could one man be so fucking WRONG? Fuck you alec you fucking nigger

that's what makes his statement so insightful

>he got this mad and typed this much over a fake quote from a man who's been dead almost two decades
Damn nigger

>it shows how afraid they think these men, for lack of better word, are of leaving their fantasy world,
>alec guiness was a closet faggot too scared to come out

I dont think he's in a position to talk about being a man.

>getting baited this hard

holy fuck user, just click links from now on.

Fuck you

>Luke did I ever tell you how I was arrested for performing a gay act in a public toilet? Yes I was caught sucking a mans penis and was fined 10 guineas. He was a good friend.

>tfw when you steal millions and people still want you back

Ronaldo is a hero for opposing that corrupt system

Children-Children

BETA MALE DORKS BTO BY BASED ENGLISHMAN

One that's been dead since 2000 no less.

that's the best part

story doesnt load for me. i dont think its genuine.

everyone knows that r tard

Ironic that Jodorowsky shits on the U.S. when his success is due to midnight showings of El Topo in America which lead to funding for The Holy Mountain.

Isn't he already?

that's disgusting

Ironic that Pegg criticizes nerd culture when he is one of its biggest perpetuators in modern entertainment.

i like how this article is a 404 page.

i like even more how nobody pointed this out.

who clicks on articles now a days

OHHHH JEREMY CORBYN

he's dead already retard

Nice meme, kid.

you should put Pegg at the end for extra meme factor

people who don't take Sup Forums posts at face value and don't suffer from confirmation bias.

>implying that anyone would assess the validity of the source

this is the general dumbing down of society. it amazes me people think democracy can be effective with an uneducated populace. tyranny of the majority indeed.

we should start literally shitposting in ck about how eating literal shit promotes longevity. with fake links naturally. but who checks those.

youthink youre so smart pretending alec guinness is dead dont you

Baiters getting baited in this thread...

>Those who fall for people falling for bait are for sure redditors.

I guarantee several people itt completely fell for it.

Born Alec Guinness de Cuffe
2 April 1914
Paddington, London, England
Died 5 August 2000 (aged 86)
Midhurst, West Sussex, England
Cause of death Liver cancer
Resting place Petersfield Cemetery

+1
Like Patton Oswalt speaking out against enabling addicts.

shit i hope i can pull off that style when i get old
keep on Trekkin' Alec! Live long and prosper!

>>Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control
>Pegg

Pegg is a fucking hypocrite

ALEC GUINESS IS STILL ALIVE!!!? I could have sworn I read something on the news about him dying years ago! WHAT THE FUCK REALITY AM I IN!??

if only this wasn't wrought with irony. the type of garbage this fucking idiot contributes to makes star wars look like late Renaissance craft

>Children-Children
This. It's so simple. Star Wars has always aimed toward younglings. All capeshit is.

What a smart alec

I that why there was so much politics in phantom menace that my 9yo self, the target audience, didn't understand a single thing about the plot?

Give any man a toy-gun, and he'll have fun with it. The man-children are the ones who cry and pout when it's time to get back to work.

>american education

That's because Lucas is a retard.

You weren't supposed to understand the plot. You were just supposed to beg your parents for action figures afterward. That's always been the true driving force behind Star Wars.

t. manchild.

This is truly some next-level shitposting. 11/10.

youtube.com/watch?v=tXREsCUyPMM

It's pretty good but if OP is still hanging around, I would remove phrases like 'man-child' and 'safe space' if you plan to repost. That's what immediately gave it away imo.

I smiled

whoah... I just put that together...

>That's what immediately gave it away imo.
what gave me away was alec guinness is long dead. It should have been Billy Dee Williams.

gave *IT* away for me.

NOT THAT ONE!!! That's "Blue Monday".

>catering to man children now
>man children
Alec Guinness would never use the words "man children".

>Give any man a toy-gun, and he'll have fun with it.
No. Why play with toys, when you can have the real thing.

Its easy to exploit something when you understand it. Doesn't mean he can't also believe its bullshit.

I thought this nigga was dead

wow, so brave. i mean it is hard to speak your mind when you've been dead for 17 years, but i applaud his spirit.

>To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence

Alan Moore was the only one that -really- got at the heart of it. We need to treat the cause, not the symptoms. The rest of what he said:

>It looks to me very much like a significant section of the public, having given up on attempting to understand the reality they are actually living in, have instead reasoned that they might at least be able to comprehend the sprawling, meaningless, but at-least-still-finite 'universes' presented by DC or Marvel Comics. I would also observe that it is, potentially, culturally catastrophic to have the ephemera of a previous century squatting possessively on the cultural stage and refusing to allow this surely unprecedented era to develop a culture of its own, relevant and sufficient to its times.

alec lives in death.

Is that Jeremy Corbyn?

>the ephemera of a previous century squatting possessively on the cultural stage and refusing to allow this surely unprecedented era to develop a culture of its own

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug
;_;

pinknews.co.uk/2014/06/27/sir-ian-mckellen-alec-guinness-begged-me-not-to-fight-for-gay-rights/

>He said: “Alec Guinness took me out to lunch and said: ‘You really should not, as a leading actor, have anything to do with anything political, especially anything as dirty as homosexuality. I beg you not to do it.’

He's been dead for twenty years. This is bait.

>Alan Moore was the only one that -really- got at the heart of it.
Friedkin and Cronenburg say more or less the same thing though

This fucker is still alive? I thought he died in the early 2000's

>man children
he really is obsessed with man children isn't he

maybe he should grow up and move on

that said, he isn't wrong

Wow, what an intellectual.

>No Empire orientated movies
>One dimensional portrayal
>Durr hurr mah force
>NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z

Oh, fuck off already. Ep7 was mediocre. Rogue One was mediocre.

They both just it's all still for kids. Neither of them got at the idea that people are obsessed with this stuff because modern life is too complex and depressing to try to understand.

"No!"
TFA was shit, but Rogue One was good.

>Rogue One was good
Many bothans did not die to bring them those plans. Oh, I can't remember the main cast either, probably because they were throw away roles intended to cash in on a star wars movie designed to hit as many markets as possible.

>Many bothans did not die to bring them those plans
Wrong Death Star user

oh fuck you're right, I've gotta stop daytime drinking and getting mad at star wars.

>the amount of people getting baited by this

He died 17 years ago.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alec_Guinness

>After staying away from the spotlight for over 15 years,

Nigga anybody who isn't underage knows he died long ago. Also the way you wrote doesn't even match up to how he spoke.

you can make the same argument for vidya games

>Baneposter
>phoneposter
>retarded
It checks out sir