Only god forgives sucked

only god forgives sucked

oh and by the way I've already regurgitated that braindead quote from that braindead movie, saving you the trouble.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/saving you the trouble./
scribd.com/document/121010441/Only-God-Forgives-movie-Script-ing-Ryan-Gosling
raindance.co.uk/site/scripts/Drive_[2010.09.24].pdf
wigflip.com/roflbot/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pleb filter

kys

True OP.

>juan Aphite?

why didnt they ever expand on this character?

>Being this retarded

reminder for newfags

>archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/saving you the trouble./

Good thread op.

Were there supposed to be subtitles for the Thai bits? I ask because the movie still works well without them, so it seemed intentional.

I don't see a consistent thread across any of those posts. Are you retarded?

Yes, all of the Thai had subtitles when I watched it, except for the songs by Chang.

However, the BD I watched it on was really weird about the subtitles. Like the "default" subtitle track didn't work and only subbed the English dialogue. So if you downloaded this movie or something I wouldn't be surprised if it was missing subs since they aren't hardsubbed on like they are in other films with foreign dialogue.

I just thought it was a modern version of a silent film. Oh well, I thought it worked well without them.

I mean it was already pretty fucking silent as it was. To me it would have been extremely frustrating to not have those subtitles, but I'm glad you enjoyed it, I guess. What's funny is if you look at the original script for this movie it's filled with dialogue and Refn cut most of it out.
scribd.com/document/121010441/Only-God-Forgives-movie-Script-ing-Ryan-Gosling

Anyway, you might like Terrence Malick's work if you haven't seen it.

same thing for Drive im pretty sure, though what little dialogue gosling has in Drive is delivered well imo

Only God Forgives: Solid 8/10
Drive: dogshit

Refn is a fag and a hack. He got lucky with drive

I will find you

have you seen his other movies theyre pretty good. the ones before drive

Actually, Drive is much more faithful to its script, if that's what you mean.

raindance.co.uk/site/scripts/Drive_[2010.09.24].pdf

Though obviously it's nothing like the book it's based on, which is written out of order and even has a sequel. But I agree about Gosling's work.

I agree with ogf (great film), although I thought drive was decent
the dogshit for me was neon demon

Only Bronson which was admittedly ok

Bronson was a masterpiece. His only good film.

Pusher trilogy is pretty based. Valhalla Rising didn't really make much of an impact on me.

ah ok, not sure where I read that then
You should watch the Pusher series

Valhalla Rising > Only God Forgives > Drive > Neon Demon

it really is shit. brainlets like to pretend it was one of the best films when really it just comes off as overly pretentious.

Valhalla Rising felt like something that should have been a lot better than it was based on the premise. Instead it was a lot of standing around for an awkwardly long time. It was an hour and a half which is pretty short but felt like it was three hours long.

Meanwhile something like The Assassination of Jesse James actually IS three hours long and keeps me hooked the whole time.

filtered

LMAO how did you filter that? There is nothing.

failed the pleb filter, that is OGF

Refns career imo is split into thirds
first is everything from Pusher, his breakout debut, to Fear X, his pseudo hollywood attempt which left him bankrupt, eventually forcing him to make a sequel to Pusher which leads us intto the second part of his career, his string of sequels to pusher and Bronson+Valhalla , the last two give us a taste of his filmmaking style in the last third, which is everything from Drive to present. basically a valhalla rising style but with more stars (a more natural fit into the mainstream industry for him imo)

tldr
pusher - fear x: indie breakout and bankruptcy
pusher 2 - valhalla: comeback period
Drive - present : riding the wave

(im sure i could clean this post up but im intoxicated and cant be bothered atm)

Thanks for the, out of place comma.

I will ask you the same question plus are you blind?

Eh, i love Refn because i love cinematography more than anything, my favorite film is Baraka and i think there's a lot of influence of it in this, sloooooow panning shots that are very hipnotizing, there's not a boring moment in this movie and it's considerably slow paced

keep in mind how Refn tells a story here, the plot is reduced to a minimum, the characters are very few and so are their actions but still they're very detailed, the dialogue is almost non-existent

I haven't seen it in a long time though but i'm happy there are directors like Refn who try different shit, i mean, we already know the characters because we've seen them in hundreds of movies, the cool protagonist that has one facial expression, the unstoppable antagonist, the opressive mother, this is one of those movies that rely on a "feeling", this is achieved with music and kinomatography

also, i remember this movie to be sexually charged all the time, and Refn seems to have become very allegorical after Jodorowsky fucked him up, maybe someone more informed about this movie can talk about the sexual aspect of it

What about it? That post is about The Big Lebowski? This post is about Drive. Retard.

What do you mean by "Jodorowsky fucked him up"?

Stop acting stupid op.

I'm obviously not the OP. I don't even type the same way.

The fuck are you on about?

Pusher Trilogy > Bronson > Bleeder > Only God Forgives > Drive >>>>> Neon Demon > Gucci Premier > Fear X

Sorry if you're a pleb. Must be a rough life.

>calls someone a pleb for disliking OGF
>gives it a mediocre rating in his own list

LM FUCKING AO

Heh.

Yeah, I agree.

Jodo gave him a tarot reading and told him some spooky shit

>Calling people plebs
>Considering his most accessible movies the best

nothing personal

*it's a hologram*

In my opinion i liked all his filmography
and i considered it more of a circle that a scale.
Also, he changed a lot of shit for Only God Forgives, the shooting script is more of a thriller than a weird acid western.
Cant wait for Avenging Silence that is just a deconstruction of spy genre.

Time to Meet the Devil
GET

literally non-reddit kill bill tbph

This, it's exactly the same movie as Kill Bill.

Ok I'm back to settle it.

OGF: Solid 8/10
Neon Demon: 7.5-8/10
Drive: dogshit

Dumb question, why did Gosling smash a glass on some stranger's head and throw him down the stairs? It was never explained or mentioned again

Refn was referencing the [glass him] meme. He and William Shatner both browse Sup Forums by their own admission.

read OP's filename dumb dumb's. its a bot

That's the filename you get when you create a meme on roflbot.
wigflip.com/roflbot/

I remember reading the script before the movie came out. It had a much better plot, but it seems like Refn cut it all out in the final version.

>"Finally after all those years i become Only God Forgives"
The dialogue in the movie sucked ass.

this

>"I, Drive."
This line didn't even make sense.

WHAT THE FUCK?

WHAT?

THE

CRYSTAL GEMS

comes off as overly pretentious.

Neon Demon > OGF > Drive

All 3 are good but Neon Demon is a legitimate masterpiece and one of the best films of 2016

Reverse the arrows and you have my opinion.

wanna fight?

>wanna fight?
wanna fight?

Tried to rent place beyond pines but they only had this so I'm like oh well it can't be that bad. Boy was I wrong.

Place Beyond the Pines is on Netflix if you wanna see that.

Yup.

Love how Sup Forums either loves or hates something. Nothing in between... pathetic filth

OP is a complete retard & pleb.

He doesn't realize that a much more important quote is the first line of the movie, which is "...Time to meet the devil".

Have to agree with this user to some extent.

While the stories and the characters of Drive and OGF may be closer to us and our personal experiences, Neon Demon is Refn's masterpiece from a technical point of view - tho the characters and situations are not as easily relateable.

Yes, only the Sith deal in absolutes.

>t. normie that still hasnt understood the meaning of the movie after trying watching it 3 times to appease Sup Forums

So it was really good?

the first act feels like drive.
the rest is complete shit.