/sveg/ - Star vs Evil General Weekend Thread

Osco Edition

Previous:First episodes of second season (My New Wand / Ludo In The Wild): youtu.be/sxW8sSQms1w

New promo for next week's episodes: youtu.be/xiUpBnecEoU

>Synopses:
disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/
(Click on “July Programming Highlights” at the bottom left, scroll down until you see “July 11th” (or other dates) and find Star vs. the Forces of Evil)

Season 2 info: variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-season-2-melissa-rauch-mayim-bialik-1201783224/

Links:
svtfoe.booru.org/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=3

Fanfics:
svtfoe.booru.org/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=1

Episodes:
svtfoe.booru.org/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=9

Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/starvsevilgeneral

SEASON 3 CONFIRMED
broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Disney-XD-Greenlights-Two-Original-Series-BILLY-DILLYS-and-COUNTRY-CLUB-20160304

Writefag list
pastebin.com/FJYvmdfg/

Between friends comic artist
areablog.tumblr.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!hwwFlITR!RXW7pzmU36eVgWK0W5gpBA
drive.google.com/file/d/0B44cs8jbL7CFMlA3WlhhZ293dW8/view
youtube.com/channel/UCm_9N2BVVwx1wGNPMYgoFBQ/videos
hatebitxxxx.tumblr.com/image/147690539012
youtu.be/5HJcJt6Zd2w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how is this a weekend general OP? Its Monday

Also this weeks episode was not great

I don't mind filler, but the premises of these episodes was just really weak

The Gospel of Donald Trump is that he lost Iowa for the sins of his people and rose again 3 days later in the primarys.
40 days later he ascended into the oval office and will return again to judge the world and restore the American Empire.
The time to repent and submit to the will of God and to believe that Trump is the Messiah is now.

It was good

Ok but what this got to do with Starco

Anyone have a link for today's episodes ?

the main conflict of these episodes was terribly written, the first episode required retconning Star's knowledge of how bikes work which she showed to have in past, and then make her completely unwilling to trust Marco for very little reason.

the second one was just a boring some extra dimensional creature shows up to mess with Star's life, this show has already done it a few times and this was by far the most boring version of it

like 5/10 they weren't awful but it felt like the writers were literally putting in the smallest amount of effort possible

mega.nz/#F!hwwFlITR!RXW7pzmU36eVgWK0W5gpBA subtitles are out of sync, you need to delay them by -3000ms (most video players can do it)

>Sup Forums

Cancer personified.

Wish the links for season 2 in the op

People have different opinions and you're entitled to your own.

Thanks !

Honestly my favorite part of today's episodes was when Star told Jackie to shut up.

Star can't hide her secret resentment of Jackie

Premise, setup and sub-plots were weak, but the episodes were both enjoyable and fun, the first more so than the latter. In addition, the development of two secondary characters in the form of Glossaryck and Oskar really means you've got two good episodes at the very least. I also think the number of jokes was much better than the previous, more exposition heavy episodes we've had so far in season 2. Though, again, the former more so than the latter given there were some more blatant hit or miss jokes in the dog episode, the entire Marco sub-plot was utterly redundant and actively stupid given the guy is supposed to be intelligent. We're also starting to get more of that dynamic between Star and Marco, which was so important to the success of the first season. Will have to wait until next week to see if this positive trend continues.

Any google drive or stream alternative?

I thought the episodes were pretty funny

I don't get a few of the complaints, though

I mean, if you've been paying attention, Star's character has pretty consistently been mercurial, petty and kinda stupid. She doesn't trust Marco after letting her go, but she doesn't exactly seem to hold it against him a lot.

And the people who are complaining about Star and Marco interactions, well, they actually interact quite a bit in these two episodes, I'm actually glad we get a look at other people as well

And I get the feeling you guys sort of forgot that tons of episodes in the first season were just Star and Marco fucking around, not everything was MUH DEEPEST LORE

Star had some real great lines in these episodes, especially that response to Jackie. It was a shame we didn't get to see her complete the day at school and then do the other parts to the episode. I imagine it would have been pretty damn funny seeing the response of the secondary characters in the class to a grouchy Star; particularly because Ferguson and Alfonso have already dealt with her like that in the past and Marco was busy being an idiot, so he wouldn't be focused on keeping Star controlled.

>kinda stupid
See, she's not the most intelligent but she's been shown to be resourceful and possessing basic rationality. So whilst I didn't take it as badly as some other anons did, both her and Marco acting less intelligent just to fuel the episode's chosen plot is not something I'd welcome of the shown.

To add on to this, in the first season there was always much better setups for conflicts in episodes, even if they weren't the more lore/story focused ones. This first episode's already been done before and better in the form of Fortune Cookies, the only minor difference being that Marco was initially misleading Star in Fortune Cookies and took it for the truth, even after he said he was joking, due to a cultural link to Mewnie. In Star on Wheels, Star doesn't have any reason not to just try what Marco says, the link to Mewnie and her stubbornness not to try and operate the breaks just isn't setup well, it feels half-arsed between 'how things are done on Mewnie' and 'trusting Marco's word which he broke'. The episode itself felt confused which stood out, despite the episode itself being very enjoyable and certainly much more in keeping with what I was expecting from season 2.

Fetch however just seemed like a runner up level of idea made into an episode. I'm all for simple adventures and hijinks on earth, and initially I thought more exploration of the lazer puppies was a good setup for an episode. But that dog character was so out of place, on top of the old lady too. Star vs. has a bad habit of introducing characters for an episode's setup, only to never see them again. That's fine once in a while, but when entire episodes revolve around one off characters like that, as opposed to the main cast or developing a recurring secondary character, the episodes just feel odd. Why am I supposed to give two shits about this dog character's plights all of a sudden? It was a pet up until that point, make the focus of the episode Star and not some random prop.

Not the most exciting batch of episodes really. The first one was decent and it was cool to see more Oskar since he had such a minuscule amount of screen time in season 1. He's growing on me.
The second one was pretty weak though and in a few weeks time I'll probably forget pretty much everything about it due to it's incredibly weak plot. I just couldn't get into it. What was even the deal with that weird frumpy lady? I get she wanted a dog but it was handled so awkwardly with the fake flyer and all that jazz. That bit where Star told Jackie to shut up was funny though.

HD stream's up (link in pic)

The episodes were fine, just little random adventures
Of the pair I enjoyed fetch a lot more especially how it showed Marco's relationship with the dogs

It also shows how well trained the puppies are. Good job Marco!

For me it was Marco's "this is your problem come on puppies" and just leaves because he can't give two shits about that

Yep glad to see everyday life in the Diaz household

drive.google.com/file/d/0B44cs8jbL7CFMlA3WlhhZ293dW8/view

Fetch just suffered from unnecessary one-off characters, there were some really enjoyable parts that were off-set by the out of place parts in the rest of the episode. It's another case of waiting for next week to see if the episodes get some level of consistent tone.

The show would benefit a lot from twice a week scheduling in my eyes, two 11 minute segments leave you wanting of more for a bit too long, given the rather shallow nature of the show.

I found this on Dingo's YouTube channel and when I got back the link was gone and the drive tab took me to my root page, wierd

Better this than 1 episode per season like other shows I won't mention

Thank you very much

Good point.

>mfw a show actually has a decent schedule

It's always so rare

Weird, weird episodes.
Worst pair of the season in my opinion tho, for now.
If I had to make a list going to the episode I liked the most to the one I liked the least it would be:
...Wait nevermind, the order of preference corresponds exactly with the number of the episode.

I would like the first part more, if the invisible goat wasn't actually real but nobody told marco until the end, replace the part "oh marco the goat leave long ago" to "oh marco the invisible goat isn't real you silly boy"

Why does that guy have a giant bulge?

I think it has much the same effect either way.

Now imagine how good he will raise his kids. Star can't "escape" from the Diaz now.

This is Sup Forums, we're still pretending the banagic incident was completely inexplicable

I'm okay with this synapses

That gets me thinking. How close was Marco with the other exchange students. With a wall of that many, were there any stronger relationships?

STARCO CONFIRMED

Isn't it kind of creepy that Oskar hangs out in random driveways?

Is Glossaryk gonna become a regular character now?

I like it that they still had their hands on each others butts at the end, And Star didn't sperg out when Oskar walked up (because Diaz had her booty)

My nigga

>Oh, Marco! The goat left long ago!

I love Glossaryk so much.

she still splurged when she saw oskar. No hope for Starco. Starco won't be endgame. we give up.

He was there because he snuck into Star's bedroom to fuck her silly last night

>the first episode required retconning Star's knowledge of how bikes work which she showed to have in past

I don't mind retconning shit if the alternative is better than what we originally got.

That is, this was way fucking better than Banagic Incident.

I also don't see Star's awareness of bicycles as being something terribly essential to the larger plot of the show so eh, whatever.

Well, I guess that's also one of his driveways...

Jackie sighted!
Can't wait for Janna to do something this season.

WTF is wrong with that dog lady?

I mean having to retcon something even a small thing is just a bad sign

what did they not remember what had happened in past episodes or did they literally not care or could they literally not thing of another possible plot that didn't involve the retcon

it doesn't matter what the answer is all are bad signs

Is Marco best dad?

Yes, Yes he is

found it

Someone needs to make Rule 34 of that beautiful businessman.

I mean, sometimes you just have to pick your battles and decide whether passing up a potentially good episode idea over one throwaway line is really worth it.

This is honestly the first thing I think would qualify as a really obvious retcon in any episode so far (people can debate about inconsistencies in characterization from episode to episode, but people don't act the same 100% of the time IRL either so that's more personal interpretation), and I think a decent episode still came out of it.

For me, a really shit retcon would involve changing something to do with magic or Mewni or something, because that's a factor that's always gonna be at play.

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY!

Does anybody have a link for the promo for the actual next week episodes?

Pain, Marco knows it well

>tfw daddy Marco comes home from the shops

Hi /sveg/! I sure hope those mean mods don't delete the thread. Monday's kind of the weekend, right? I guess every day is kind of like the weekend for me, since I don't have a job or responsibilities or much of a reason to leave the house but that's just me.

Starco is Cute and Perfect

LOOK AT THEM!
LOOK AT THE CUTENESS!
LOOK AT THE PERFECTION!
AAAAHHHHHH!!!!

No promo yet, a Pickle & Peanut episode started right after Star's outro. Maybe it's going to air later in the day. Keep an eye on this channel, that's where it's likely going to be uploaded youtube.com/channel/UCm_9N2BVVwx1wGNPMYgoFBQ/videos

Thanks user!

>I sure hope those mean mods don't delete the thread

They really shouldn't when a new episode just aired.

I know the LOL WEEKEND GENERAL routine has gone on so long that some people might've forgotten there was ever a show, but deleting this'd be a real bitch move.

Its pretty difficult to erase the thread if a new episode airs/aired today.

I think I'm starting to dislike this show

Were the thread made some minutes before, it would still have been Sunday in some Pacific islands. :^)

hatebitxxxx.tumblr.com/image/147690539012

Lol how come?

Is that the same guy who usually does these?
The quality seems to have decreased.

Dunno why a lot of people have gripes with the new episodes. Ludo in the Wild was by far the best of the season so far. Even though we aren't a quarter in the season, all the episode so far are pretty good in my book.

Compared to S1, some just weren't that good:
>"The Other Exchange Student"
Gustav a shit
>"Diaz Family Vacation"
It was just boring for some reason
>"Pixtopia"
Again, it felt like Ferg/Alphonso were unnecessary, Star/Marco could have gone alone
>"Lobster Claws"
Absolute worst episode of the show
>"Royal Pain"
Only redeeming factor was the Fight Club scene

I hope they continue with the quality in S2 they have so far, can't wait for some more lore heavy episode.
>That one eyed lizard "bounty hunter" looks pretty fucking awesome
>Miss Heinous coming back to cause some shit
>Ludo starting to power up
>Toffee
>The Prophecy
>Queen Moon's past, possibly something to do with Toffee like everybody is wishfully thinking, myself included
>Marco's evil tentacle monster

Also these sillier episodes are pretty good as well. I'm glad they are making "secondary" characters like Oskar pretty enjoyable to watch, Glossaryck is pretty dope as well so far.

The only thing that irks me is that both Janna/Jackie have a handful of lines in the show. I hope we'll get a chance to hear them talk and what's going on inside their mind.

Also regarding the Starco stuff, I don't know how you guys feel about it, but I'm slowly starting to view them as just friends. I mean sure, they got soul-bound, but the show is raising so many red flags:
>I don't need a hero, I need a friend
>I don't need your help, I just need you to believe in me
>Friendly hugs
>Not one scene where they have an awkward moment where they both blush or something

Seeing how Disney ended Zootopia, there might be a good chance they'll just tease with Starco until the very end for publicity sake, and then Marco ends up with best grill Janna

New promo's up
youtu.be/5HJcJt6Zd2w

These promos posters are a huge step down compared to the ones in season one

>The quality seems to have decreased.
It seems that they changed the style to be a bit more cute

The old posters were fucking amazing though. Picture related, they always remind me of band album/song covers for some reason.

Yeah, it's a different artist.

Evon Freeman did them last season and was a prop designer, and is now a storyboarder and I guess is too busy to do one for all 42 segments. Now they're done by Becky Dreistadt, another prop designer.

They're not bad but I'm not really feeling them either. The only one I think is really memorable is the Mr. Candle Cares one.

>Yeah, it's a different artist.
Aww damn. I don't know, the current ones lack "soul" for some reason. S1 posters looked pretty stylish and more serious, the new ones look more silly.

The only demographic following this show are the shippers so the staff will pander to every pairing possible. That mean no Starco until cancellation

Hey when's the next new episode by the way?

yeah, Starco isn't endgame. sighs, oh well.

Yeah, I think they look more like a cute graphic for a magazine article or something than a poster that gets you actually hyped for the episode.

They also seem a bit more low-effort, with fewer "hidden" things or details (Storm the Castle's poster had a hint about the cleaved wand in plain sight that people didn't really notice until after it aired).

I like the new ones too. I actually liked Mr. Candle Cares best of the season, mainly because I think it covered a lot of things and handled them pretty well (there are definitely a few episodes that have trouble even sticking to their one theme).

I don't hate any of the season 1 episodes but some were definitely way worse than others. Pixtopia isn't even my least favorite but has probably one of the weakest, most unfocused plots.

Not a dramatic difference in quality between the two seasons for me yet. There are some things I think 2 is doing better, but overall it's not a masterpiece or way worse by comparison.

>yeah, Starco isn't endgame. sighs, oh well.
If you said that in the threads during S1, I think that most people would dismiss it. Now, I'm not quite sure.

I mean here's the deal:
>It's a Disney show, of course the "prince" and "princess" will get together in the end
However, Disney has been known to dish out the "the hero doesn't get the girl" trope on occasion.

Like I said earlier, it just seem off for some reason like the "magic" isn't there, or they don't want to put it there, maybe not yet at least. There's the issue of Star's diary. Not even a blush or something like that when it comes to secrets about Marco. Which makes me think, maybe their friendship will take a nose-dive in the future.

>Monster arm
>All that Toffee suit symbolism

Things might get ugly, maybe the blood moon has a darker connotation than most people think. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with romance, maybe it's part of the prophecy.

>Ludo appears in the next episode
>Glossaryck implies that there is something wrong with Star herself
>Turns out Ludo was only a pawn that will deliver the wand to Marco in the end. I have a feeling that something will happen that will split Marco/Star apart. Probably the content of Star's journal.

Look at it this way, Star records Marco while he was showering, one would think they are pretty close, so why keep a secret journal from Marco?

Glossaryck is standing on this page, in the promo.
A page from season 1 about dimensional rifts.

In the new promo you can see some sort of dark vortex dragging only Marco towards it. No debris alongside, only Marco. Might as well be the same episode where Ludo shows up with the new Toffee Wand. Maybe the lizard lawyer has some plans for him, maybe he wants to bring him to the dimension he is currently residing. Because let's face it, there is no way that slick son of a bitch is dead.

Doesn't look like we'll be getting a Star Ludo confrontation yet after all.

>Marco gets pulled into the rift
>He meets Toffee for a few seconds until the rift spits him out again
11/10 episode

>there is no way that slick son of a bitch is dead

I could actually believe he's crafty enough to make a plan involving his death for whatever reason (and that way they wouldn't have to pay for Michael C. Hall to come back).

But then it seems likely to me that he's alive too, both because it makes more sense in terms of plot and because I'm not sure how okay Disney would be if Storm the Castle was really just Toffee's suicide gambit.