What did Sup Forums think of Snotgirl, the new series from Bryan Lee O Malley of Scott Pilgrim fame/infamy?

What did Sup Forums think of Snotgirl, the new series from Bryan Lee O Malley of Scott Pilgrim fame/infamy?

Isn't Bryan Lee O'Malley just doing the writing? Anyway, I can't get into it. The whole concept is just too gross for me to the point where it feels like a fetish comic or something. Plus the fingernails look weird.

>allergies are your biggest weakness and your nose is running a lot
>dye your hair green
could this character design be anymore retarded?

comic is a flat meh

I really liked it. The art was very charming, I found the vapid protagonist just endearing enough to be sympathetic, and the tonal shift at the end left me legitimately wanting to know what happens next.

on the other hand, by the time #2 comes out I'll probably forget it even exists if someone doesn't storytime it

It was interesting, feels very different because Bryan isn't doing the art - I don't feel that his writing is strong as his art desu

did it get story timed already?

Vapid shit

I think so, yeah.

I can't find it in the archive but thanks

Search for "hipster". I don't think the storytimer used Snotgirl in the title of the post.

found it thank you

yeah I think OP just said 'haha, time for hipster bullshit' or something to that effect

A lot of people didn't like it except for the ending.

Personally, I like the art, but the writing is way too vapid for my taste

It's literally /cgl/: the book. You can go browse that board and it's the same plot. It should be banned from this board and only allowed over there.

I'm probably not the target audience of this comic but

>MUH ALLERGIES
>MUH BLOG
>MUH EX BOYFRIEND
>MUH DEAD GIRL

got pretty fucking annoying. The comic easily felt twice it's length.

Leslie Hung's art is hot

But the plot - I'm too old for this shit, get a real job you brat.

i want to fuck the dead girl

you asked for my opinion

I just finished reading it. The writing is GOD awful. I saw some people say that was the point but it was still annoying. Last page was felt really out of nowhere. Ill probably follow this for a little while longer to see if it gets better but im not feeling it right now. Art is good and ill follow the artist if nothing else. Im excited for Worst World thought been following that before I knew what it was.

She's cute.

I've read worse series for less.

Interested to see where it goes. I like Hung. O'Malley is someone I want to like because he has the potential but his works fall flat on me.

so what, shes a trap or something?

how?what even gave you that assumption?

First post best post. The way it's drawn with the weird fingernails and detailing of the snot feels gross and weirdly fetishistic. Coupled with the extremely try hard "millenial" "valley girl" "trendiness" that's way out of date it just makes my skin crawl.