Wants artists to be treated equal

>Wants artists to be treated equal
>Animation community loses their shit and has branded her "First solo woman bisexual creator" rather than just "creator of Steven Universe".

So now with Sugar, Lauren Faust, Brenda Chapman, is Daron Nefcy the only woman director/creator who hasn't had their gender singled out above their work?

Just waiting until someone from Sup Forums gets famous and identifys as an attack helicopter

How does the two exclude each other.

It's basically saying "Yay, bisexual artist get equal treatment" Why do you complain about it.

Didn't we already reach a point some years ago where being gay just wasn't a really big deal anymore? Did that get memory holed?

The simpsons already did it.

>Did that get memory holed
yes

I'm pretty sure that's a jewish boy

Seeing the amount of hate gay receive here on a daily basis, I'd say no.

I mean, look at that user there who don't even seems to be able to make the difference between sexual orientation and gender identity.

No one refers to Richard Williams as oldest white male animator still working or John Lasseter as most successful white male animation director. Just "animation director".

>Sup Forums represents reality
We're just as big of an extreme hivemind as Tumblr, that doesn't reflect the actual country. If we represented shit then that means 95% of this country is full of pedos.

Yeah, because white animator being succesfful already happened a decade ago.

I mean, everyone was Praising Walt when he managed to make Big in animation.

Now it's the turn of other group.

We are not allowed to praise that more minority have now equal chance to success?

he means the normal outside world, not this intolerant shithole called Sup Forums

maybe it is. that's not the kind of shit you make public irl user

You think it's just Sup Forums? Sup Forums is actually desent, compared to twitter or youtube comments.

Nobody who thinks attack helicopter meme is funny has any talent

We did reach that point, but tumblr and Sup Forums happened and we went backwards

tumblr is why we cant have nice things

its ironic that they pretty much encourage people to stay in the closet so they dont have to deal with there shit

Well that was the point, be an attack helicopter for shit and giggles

no we aren't
for that matter, we used to be better

Because those weren't firsts relative to them being white dudes. Plenty of people refer to Sugar as "the creator of Steven Universe". The fact that she's recognized for being the first (openly, anyways) bisexual female show creator sometimes doesn't mean she's pigeonholed into that. It's crazy how people can't wrap their heads around this kind of thing.

Bisexuality seems like it's in kind of a weird place re: acceptance. It's not as out-and-out hated as homosexuality, but it's also less likely to be totally accepted. There are plenty of gay guys that hate bisexuals, even. It's fucking weird.

>There
Desent
Identifys

It really doesn't matter either way. The best way to deal with those last backwater holdouts is just to normalize it - not draw attention to it. The latter will only antagonize them; the former will make them accustomed to it.

>compared to twitter or youtube comments
>the only communities where people say shit as dumb as what's said on Sup Forums, but with their names attached to it
not a super high bar there, buddy

What are you accomplishing by doing this?

Lotte Reiniger is one of the pioneers of animation and is taught in many animation history classes to this day, that doesn't mean we've stopped acknowledging all accomplishments by women animators because "it's been done before".

But she is being pigeonholed into that, into the general public at least. Her work is getting more notoriety because she's a bisexual woman. Imagine how much more attention Zootopia would have gotten (Despite getting a ton already) if it was directed by a black animator?

Unfortunately people don't care about black people unless they are shot by white people

whats weird is how closely this coincided with the writers deciding to start pandering to tumblr.

>Imagine how much more attention Zootopia would have gotten (Despite getting a ton already) if it was directed by a black animator?
That's because, like it or not, that kind of thing is pretty rare in animation. When something rare like that, or an openly bisexual woman having a show on Cartoon Network, people are going to talk about it. It's kind of a big deal to people. How are you not getting this? I've actually only ever seen her referenced as a board artist on AT/the creator of SU, so I don't know where this "pigeonholing" myth is even coming from.

>hate
>gay

I thought Sup Forums used to have regular beefcake threads with little to no interference.

>start

replace "tumblr" with "Sup Forums" in any argument about "pandering" and see how fucking dumb it sounds. tumblr's a website, a minority one at that. they don't have a gun to anyone's head. maybe the choices in the show are --gasp-- because it's just the direction the creators wanted to go? not everything you don't like is the big bad tumblr boogeyman.

We also used to have Homestuck Generals with little to no interference. It's not a proud history, this board's.

This thread reminds me of when a tumblr sjw makes a pro-women/black people post and an "egalitarian" gamer has to chime in
>what about men
Or
>all lives matter

>Imagine how much more attention Zootopia would have gotten (Despite getting a ton already) if it was directed by a black animator?

Except Byron Howard, the director, is a gay man and no one made a big deal about it because it doesn't matter.

sure there were always a few things that made you wonder sometimes but they were probably nothing

but beach city drift holy shit its like tumblr used meme magic to make there delusions that steven universe panders to them real

I can completely see what you are talking about.
But at the same time, I think making a huge deal about Sugar and making her a bunch of tags instead of a full person is really hurtful for acceptance. It divides people into what they are and not who they are.

AW SHIT NIGGA GET ROASTED

Maybe the media didn't make a big deal because gay people don't want to be associated with a furfag movie

So why does no one give a shit about him but people are calling Sugar "brave"?

Neither do niggers.

That may be true but don't try to pretend that's why Sup Forums is complaining about it.

yeah thats pretty true
>he wanted to dance!
>I HATE YOU FUCKIN RAPIST

the only way I can reconcile this is by believing that Steven's only precedent for rape is Cry For Help which involved dancing

But even Steven's not that naive

maybe he was on his gem period

That's like saying water doesn't want to be associated with wetness.

Also zootopia panders to fetishes anyway. The furry is palpable through the whole movie.

because he's a man

But gay men are discriminated against way more than bi women.

I'm not. But certainly some people here did in past threads. Sup Forums isn't one person.

Because leftist mongoloids cling to anything that isn't a heterosexual man. Even gay guys are falling off their radar now.

The audience for the show. If you pander to tumblr they'll hold it up as "the most progressive show in "

Whereas if you don't draw attention to it it'll get maybe one or two articles?

but where does Dumbledore fit into this, his gayness wasn't even mentioned but it somehow became a huge deal

Sup Forums losing their shit over the SU consent episode reminds me
Did Sup Forums lose theirs over that Always Sunny ep? The ski lodge one?

OPPRESSION OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumbledore fits because the author herself was a woman, making it more of a big deal I guess? That's the only way I can see it fitting.

>bisexual
>never had a GF
Even cwc is further into the lgbt shit than her. She's just an opportunistic liar

Live-action has way more leeway than kids cartoons. Gays and sex are commonplace there.

Dumbledore isn't a really good example because every stupid retcon she makes has become a big deal

>never had a GF
neither has most of Sup Forums, it doesn't invalidate their sexualities.
She could be schlickin' the vag to Sailor Moon yuri for all you know.

>She's just an opportunistic liar
do you have proof for your accusations?

does that make me asexual? since I never had a GF and never got molested?

Retarded posts like these are why bisexuals can claim they're being oppressed
Because gays and straights treat them as fake/opportunists/lesser lgbt

and dumbledore was kinda obvious after a while.

Dumbledore became a big deal because it was a blatant last-minute grab for relevancy by Rowling. Fuck you, Rowling, you don't get to give his gayness absolutely ZERO relevance to the story then come back and add it in later like it's a big deal and you planned it the whole time. If she wanted Dumbledore to be gay, there are plenty of non-intrusive ways to suggest it. Or be intrusive! I don't care, just don't do absolutely NOTHING and act like it was something later.

>intolerant
Bloody fuck.

Why do we brand him as the first black baseball player instead of just a baseball player? Why don't we appreciate who the first WHITE baseball player is? How about we appreciate the first baseball player with two hands while we're at it? Who the fuck does Jim Abbott think he is?

>maybe he was on his gem period
I wonder what would cause that

Oh god, BLM hijacks yet another gay rally.

Where's weed man?

It's not a big deal unless you're gay, in which case, we still run the risk of being beaten to death/raped/disowned/fired/etc
the law is kinda on our side but society isn't

Wasn't he gay for Grindelwald?

Because Dumbledore being gay is a cheap way of making yourself seem progressive despite not putting yourself at risk by exposing that personality traits earlier on when it could have been more detrimental to your sales and status as a writer overall.

>society is being held back by some teenagers on a website
ok

This is just stupid enough to not be bait.

>a woman who munches carpet and sucks cock is somehow important in any way, shape or form
>anything any other woman has achieved in the animation industry is now completely irrelevant
No wonder we've stagnated as a species.

>the Sup Forumsmblr meme is real
I bet some of you are still in denial

How do you kknow that? Do you know her irl? She's really private and has been seeing Ian since they were at college. Before that is a mystery. From the emotional honesty of a lot of her work including relationships between girls I'd say she's definitely had one, or at least unrequited love.

>a woman who munches carpet
saddest thing is she never did

>we
t. straight sjw defending his poor weak harmless child brained pets.

I don't understand why mods never delete these Sup Forumsmblr vs. Sup Forums shitposting threads but they always randomly delete on-topic threads with actual discussion.

What does t mean

>we
>t. Garnet

You say people don't give a fuck about gays and then deny that i exist to my face lmao

Nobody really denies it anymore.

If only we could connect Sup Forums posting to /mlp/ somehow. The latter gets instantly deleted on sight. That's a power we could harness.

>WE

>WAZ

>HAVE

>Live in predominantly white middle class neighborhood in Massachusetts
>Be gay
>Step outside
>Live

It feels good to be alive, Sup Forums

>but society isn't
Society is the opinions of people.
You cannot force people to change their opinions through law. Either people change their minds or don't. You get equal fair treatment under the law, and, in fairness, there's a little bit to go there, and that's the best you can hope for.

I love how he or someone in Disney didn't use it to market shit. It was only mentioned in the documentary because they were discussing something about acceptance, and it was only mentioned once and never again.

OP is just butthurt because he knows he'll never create anything successful.

It means you're the poster.
Like this.
t. Sup Forums poster

did you not pick up on him being a sexual deviant dark wizard who only rejected his dark wizard boyfriend after he killed his disabled sister?

next your gonna tell me you never picked up on him being as morally ambiguous as Snape, if not more so.

Because Byron didn't draw attention to it. Not saying Sugar did, but her fans can be quite obnoxious and has almost like a fetish for these things.

it's a finnish meme, meaning regards
so you say that to imply something about the posters identity

>we still run the risk of being beaten to death/raped/disowned/fired/etc
Where in the fuck do you live?

But what word starting with t is it short for

You're a true hero. Those gays in the middle east/africa/detroit don't know suffering.

You seem to have made a simple mistake, OP.
It's ok, we all do. I'm not being passive aggressive or sarcastic. I'm 100% genuine.

This thread belongs on Not attacking you. I'm being sincere. This thread does not belong here. It belongs on that board.

t. rex

All of the HP retcons were big deals because they were stupid.

Small town in the UK :^) my dad makes jokes about punching gay men a lot