Jumping from building for the second time

Do they actually think that jumping from a building to crash the party was standard procedure? How silly. And why didn't the glass explode when shot multiple times through it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Y2yHDBaPsk
youtube.com/watch?v=zNz61OBNrLM
youtube.com/watch?v=WxUoqIrXd9E
youtube.com/watch?v=nbCyXVEVpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=KosBvDyWgnA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That scene actually made me mad. As well the fact Aramaki straight out told them not to, they go in full guns blazing in. That's Hollywood 101 for you right there.

On top of that we never knew why Aramaki told her not to jump. Besides, the fact that she jumped anyway and then insisted that she track Kuze and kill him after being reprimented just showed that she doesn't even respect her boss. Because stronk female lead don't take order from no male. In the japanes series, Motoko would never dare oppose Aramaki's decisions.

Nope, she would and she did.
But that does not really detract from the point that this movie was pure garbage.

Did she disobey in Aramaki's face and went away with it?

I dont understand what they were trying to do with this film.

First of all they fucking tried to remake the original animated movie, there's loads of segments that are literal shot for shot copies. But by doing this they removed all the philosophy and the depth from the movie because they dont have the fucking dialogue to match!

Second it was like they picked the worst complex episodes and fused it to the original film. Fuck that shit, I cant believe they fucked up this bad just should have made a live adaptation of the opriginal movie if they were going to do this.

I'm conflicted because parts of it I thought were ok, by the end of the Movie I kinda liked scarjo, but not fully, then they fucked up with the Motoko thing, jesus christ wtf!?

Lastly yea the second jump was pathetic why even do it? What they should have done is have it at the end but no where else in the movie, and she should have been removing the cloak from around herself as she dropped and when her arm moved past her face it would go invisble, because the shit they chose looked fucking spasticated

Oh Beat takeshi was suprisingly my favourite prt of the movie I actually enjoyed Batou too, he wasn't fucking around

Overall you're better off ewatching Almost Human because that was the literal perfection of Ghost in the Shell for western audiences plus had the guy who played dredd Karl Urban

These guys did an aweosme break down of the philosophy in ghost in the shell which is why I love the film, check this out if you havent seen it

youtube.com/watch?v=5Y2yHDBaPsk

Takeshi was the only reason I even considered seeing this, honestly. It's hard for him to give a bad performance.

>I actually enjoyed Batou too, he wasn't fucking around
wut, he was tiny. should've cast Brock Lesnar

The Aramaki scenes were all cringeworthy. You can tell they just put him in a room, put the clothes on and he just said the lines without even trying to act all. He probably had lunch plans and squeezed it in in a hotel room.

Why does she wear a fat suit again?

Aramaki looked like he had no control over section 9. He was just there to deliver a one-liner or shoot someone once in a while. As usual in Hollywood they totally fucked the teamplay because the main lead is a female, she basically does everything and the others are useless. Notice that Batou always arrives when everything is over. And they replace Pazu and Boma with Wesley Snipes and random ethnic girl. Pazu actually is shown 2 seconds towards the end. Ridiculous.

I thought they were going to just give him a pandering role but he had a cool sequence toward the end the hair was a bit fucked dont know why they even did that but he was a solid

What are you talking about he was like a fucking bear next to Major Mira

>What are you talking about he was like a fucking bear next to Major Mira
>Major Mira

who the FUCKKKKKK is MAjor Mira!?

please dont let this be happening please dont let this be happening, are you going to fucking tell me they changed her name to Mira?!!! Is Motoko in this? The Major is supposed to be Motoko

>Major Mira

>mira

what?

agree on Aramaki, he is like cut in from another movie.
Why even bother with Boma and Pazu when they do nothing but confusing the general audience.
It was fucked because Aramaki was always presented as a dude who would never have to do this. Too clever to drive into an ambush.

mira is her artificial name
her actual name before the brain transplant, taken from kuze's story, is motoko

yes. "whitewashing" is basically part of the plot

DROPPED

>Why even bother with Boma and Pazu when they do nothing but confusing the general audience.
Well they replaced them with an unknown black guy and brownish girl that don't exist in section 9. They could have as well brought the real ones. But Hollywood is so condescending, they think they to include evry minority in a movie, even if they don't do anything or cause problems in the plot.

best scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=zNz61OBNrLM

Yeah but why even have these characters in the story when they do nothing, brown or black doesn't matter, they are worthless characters anyway.
You mean they where there just to be black and brown?
Isn't that also kinda racist?

Yes and yes. Hollywood like to put token minorities in useless or even degrading roles and make a song about it. But they will never have their main lead as minority.

Oh they will don't worry, thy just need to brainwash the public just a little bit more

Well, so far, the most progressive main lead are very white females and I honestly don't think it will change because white females won't watch movies with brown leads.

What I have to say is
IF the original animated one never existed, would be a top 10/10 Scifi movie. But as a live-action copy-but-NOTREALLY-adaptation is a 6/10. Is impossible to not take into account the original, there is so much of it on this one, (but not the parts that matter) that you just can't.

60 years ago it would have been unthinkable to put a faggot in a movie
60 years ago "minorities" were played by people in blackface
60 years ago the US were still a fully white country
the writing is on the wall lad

The director said it himself. "If you make a Hollywood movie you need money, to get money you need dumb ideas". So basically he admits he dumbed down the movie to make it look profitable to greedy producers.

She's [spoilers]both. She grew up as a runaway japanese girl named motoko but Hanka robotics removes her brain and places it into a robot shell, wipes her memories, and renames her Mira.[/spoilers]

She's both. She grew up as a runaway japanese girl named motoko but Hanka robotics removes her brain and places it into a robot shell, wipes her memories, and renames her Mira.

loved that scene, and loved that movie's visuals.

best looking hollywood tentpole in the last 5 years

I bet you have never seen the animated movie and series otherwise you would recognize it as a glib facsimile and the visual wouldn't look as good as you think. I think there was too much CGI in the city and all these strange people looked fake. It's different from Blade Runner, but Ridley Scott admitted he made it at night and under the rain to look less cheap and fake.

Why did the tank explode?

kek. that taking a dump face.

Because Hollywood, that's why.

>directed by Michael Bay

looks like something they added in the last hours of being finished
you can tell it wasn't meant to explode

this scene in the animated movie is one of the most beautiful sequences i've ever seen
and this is what they did with it, i literally can't stop laughing

Cut a lot of stuff out. Like Motoko and whatshisname before the brain transplant, never showed their faces. Nigger monk is out.

Fuck this movie, so much ruined potential.

I don't remember the original scene being so cut up, and Scarlett Johanson's acting (to be honest, this might be more of a thing of direction, since the emotions shown by Motoko shouldn't be that) is terrible. The dinamism of the breaking arm shot is lost, too.

Very bad.

>Aramaki speaks in Japanese
>Everyone replies to him in English

This alone was the single most jarring part of the film. Who the fuck does that? Especially to a Japanese senior figure of authority.

It actually is a fat suit, fucking 0,5 to 2cm and where it isnt fitting perfectly more
t add solid 10kg visually

>This alone was the single most jarring part of the film. Who the fuck does that? Especially to a Japanese senior figure of authority.
So much this,
How the fuck are they expected to function as a special unit if they cant even fucking communicate properly.

A gaaaaaaa maebaaaaa-aaa-aa,

kuwashime yoini keri

A gaaaaaaa maebaaaaaaaa-aaa-a

teru tsuki toyomu nari

why did they give her a fat suit

Only the "geniuses" at Weta know.
They designed and made it, its full silicone piece, its thick and heavy as all fuck.

Weta is really hit and miss with they designs, some are great, some show such level of incompetence that you dont even know where to start to understand the logic process that went behind this.
On one side they made the robot geishas, which were actual costumes with actual mechnical mouths, it wasnt cgi, and they also made the underlying skeleton and muscle structure which also was a real on set prop and not cgi, and on the other hand they made crap like this idiotic fat suit.
Slap in wire belt for action scenes under that too and she gains solid 8cm in waist and solid 15kg visually that then has to be removed back digitally.

tested did some behind the scenes on those elements.

youtube.com/watch?v=WxUoqIrXd9E
youtube.com/watch?v=nbCyXVEVpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=KosBvDyWgnA

never noticed any of that, i havent seen any behind the scenes pics of scarjo but it seems thats a very stupid decision by weta

They probably just dont give a shit how it ends ip looking as long as they get work

I just finished it, ouch.

Wasn't completely shit, but it certainly shouldn't have been a GiTS adaptation.

Given that they went with the whole "I was made like this against my will" angle, they would have suited a Deus Ex: Human Revolution adaptation, less philosophical stuff, which they completely avoided.

The soundtrack is downright insulting to the anime movie's though.

Kuze was pretty good though, is he original or in the anime?

Kuze wasn't in the anime but he took a role similar to the puppetmaster until the reveal.

Kuze is the villain of the second season of Stand Alone Complex but they somewhat conflated him with the Puppet Master from the first film

I haven't watched the second season of SAC, what are the similarities and differences between the two Kuzes?

in SAC Kuze is a former elite soldier who joined a terrorist group called the Individual Eleven. later he becomes the only survivor of their mass suicide, and it's revealed that he and the Major both have fully artificial bodies as a result of the same plane crash.

thanks

Gotta admit, the shot with the street and the garbege truck looks pretty good.

in retrospective, the original didn't look so great either

Why did Kuze lure the major to the yakuza club during her dive into the geisha only to blow her up at the clubs basement.
Then later during his reveal he goes on about how during the dive he realized that they were products of the same circumstance.

Lazy

best part of it is scarjo with that nude-like body

scarjo looks surprisingly cute on this. miles better than how old and wasted she looks in those avengers flicks.

>copied scenes from the original anime
>mixed various GitS stories
>came out a compete mess with no depth

Don't forget the taco Uzi.

>cameraman too scared to give a proper butt shot
gay

is she blushing?