Why did Sub-Saharan Africans never domesticate any animals?

Why did Sub-Saharan Africans never domesticate any animals?
youtube.com/watch?v=g5iC9TyYxwY

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguni_cattle
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140328121025.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=wOmjnioNulo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_wild_ass
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey#History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmeted_guineafowl
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_guineafowl
apimondia.com/congresses/2001/Papers/001.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesticated_red_fox
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/11261872/James-Watson-selling-Nobel-prize-because-no-one-wants-to-admit-I-exist.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They could hardly domesticate themselves m8

There is a massive difference between domestication and taming.

Nearly all animals can be tamed to some degree, but very few can be properly domesticated. (Zebras being one of the ones you cannot domesticate.)

There are very few animals in Sub-Saharan Africa that can be properly domesticated, that have any actual use.

hahahah

Because they never had to.
Go around in tropical africa and you won’t be able to walk 3 meters without stumbling upon some consumeable fruit or vegetable.

There are many wild african animals that could be easily domesticated though, like the Warthog I posted. They're literally just speedy pigs, easily domesticated, would even make great farm animals? What happened to Africans during their evolution?

South America has similar conditions to Africa yet they domesticated many animals, so that's no excuse.

Did you not read my fucking post nigger?

There is a difference between domestication and taming.

The nature of a warthog makes them immensely difficult for a human to domesticate.

Why did White people never domesticate moose?
There just like a horse.

Is this really true though? Boars, bison, and wolves aren't exactly friendly lad. I'd imagine it's possible to domesticate any intelligent animal, given enough time and generations.

Do you actually think that domestic pigs were always the way they are?

Hot

Europeans tamed these giant monstrosities thousands of years ago yet Africans cant tame a lil' warthog?

Er, cattle?

They didn't have cattle until after colonization, I'm pretty sure.

>wild boars are the same as pigs
>dogs are the same species as wolves
>bison are the same species as cattle

Is this fucking bait?

The original species of dog, AKA pre-domestication "wolf", has been dead for ~8,000 years.
The same goes for original cows, and pigs.
Only difference being the timeline

>The ancestors of Nguni cattle were brought by the Nguni people, Zulu, Xhosa, Ndebele and Swazi people, during their migration to southern Africa between 600 and 1400 AD. Since then, these animals have played an important social and economic role in the development of these societies and are used as a bride's dowry.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguni_cattle

Comparing a modern wolf, and a modern dog, is like comparing a fucking Lion with a house cat.

>>wild boars are the same as pigs
>>dogs are the same species as wolves
>>bison are the same species as cattle

>Is this fucking bait?

>The original species of dog, AKA pre-domestication "wolf", has been dead for ~8,000 years.
>The same goes for original cows, and pigs.
>Only difference being the timeline

>Comparing a modern wolf, and a modern dog, is like comparing a fucking Lion with a house cat.

Bro, I don't think so.

If you can hop on its back for a ride, you have acheived domestication.

Zebras can be domesticated, just like elephants and buffaloes.

Nigger I could hop on the back of a great white shark.
That doesn't mean it won't turn right around and eat me.

Yeah I was wrong, but >"In many ways, the history of cattle genetics mirrors human history," Decker said. "In the case of African cattle, anthropologists and geneticists used to suspect that domesticated African cattle were native to the continent, when in fact, they were brought by migrating peoples thousands of years ago

Those cattle in Africa were first domesticated in the Middle East.

shit I messed up that greentext somehow
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140328121025.htm

ahahahahaahaha

/this
OP is probably some white trash nigger hater

i hate this itch that burgers have
of replying in stupid ways to every argument with shitty non sensical counter shit posting
eat a burger or smething
burger

Um, i dont think so sweety

>inbred desert nigger has no constructive argument just insults
what a shock

The animals weren't good for domestication, you want something dumb and docile most animals may be dumb but not docile. Same reason why animals in the Americas weren't domesticated except for the Peruvians and their Llamas

Huh?

Mesoamericans and South Americans domesticated Turkeys and Dogs.

and they did it with no outside influence unlike africans

Did Europeans develop farming and livestock-rearing with no outside influence?

But those animals prove my point. Dumb and docile. Of which they don't exist in Africa

likely yes

It would have been impossible for large groups of ancient people to survive the Europeans winters without knowing those things, and they definitely did not learn from outsiders. They surely learned how to improve those things from Ancient Middle Eastern civilizations though, I won't dent it.

*deny

They did domesticate the donkey, sanga, guineafowl and honey bee for food/draught as well as various small animals for pest control and pets. There were also many tamed but not fully domesticated animals such as the great eland which were herded in rougher terrain as they are hardier than domestic cattle. Animals such as the horse, cow, sheep, chicken or dog which had been domesticated elsewhere were also integrated into African society.

>If you can hop on its back for a ride, you have acheived domestication.
that isn't what domestication means.

Nearly every historical model shows that farming was brought to Europe during the neolithic by migrating farmers from anatolia, and that the pre-existing people were hunter-gatherers.

>They did domesticate the donkey, sanga, guineafowl and honey bee for food/draught as well as various small animals for pest control and pets.
Gonna need a source on that. Getting Arab's leftovers doesn't count.

Because they evolved isolated from the rest of the world so they are not very intelligent to date.
whet did you expect from niggers_

>ITT: OP gets BTFO of /sci/ so he runs with his tail between his legs to Sup Forums-lite

Nah I've never been to /sci/ and only been to Sup Forums a few times. I still fail to see how Europeans learning farming only 9000 years ago destroys my argument of African's never evolving.

Isn't it the same in places like Malaysia, though? I think even there they managed to domesticate the bison.

You have no idea what domestication means.

no need, they never had food problems, they literally lived in eden, life was on ez mode

youtube.com/watch?v=wOmjnioNulo

I mean you're 100% correct. Africans are stupid. But how is this news?

>the donkey
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_wild_ass
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey#History
>Donkeys were probably first domesticated by pastoral people in Nubia, and they supplanted the ox as the chief pack animal of that culture.

>sanga
sanga is a type of cattle. It has a mixture of genes from Indian zebu and african wild cattle, and the evidence is unclear whether it was domesticated from wild hybrids or deliberately bred from imported Indian zebu and wild cattle, so ignore this one if you want. It is first attested in 1600bc

>guineafowl
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmeted_guineafowl
>The helmeted guineafowl (Numida meleagris) is the best known of the guineafowl bird family, Numididae, and the only member of the genus Numida. It is native to Africa, mainly south of the Sahara

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_guineafowl
>Domestic guineafowl, sometimes called pintades or gleanies, are poultry originating from Africa. They are the domesticated form of the helmeted guineafowl (Numida meleagris) and are related to other game birds such as the pheasants, turkeys and partridges. Although the timing of their domestication is unknown, there is evidence that domestic guineafowl were present in Greece by the 5th century BC.[1]

>honey bee
It's unclear to what extent insects can be domesticated but humans have been harvesting honey for so long that it's impossible to pinpoint the origin. There are birds called honeyguides that evolved alongside humans to lead humans to beehives, so this one plausibly goes back before homo sapiens sapiens.

Anyway, this has a short summary of beekeeping practices in different african ocuntries
apimondia.com/congresses/2001/Papers/001.pdf

>Getting Arab's leftovers doesn't count.
Arabs didn't really exist that far back

In what was he wrong?

>Arabs didn't exist back then

Any animal is domesticatable, it's just that a lot of them are far less practical, would need millennia more of work, or domesticating them wouldn't pay off very well.

So yeah, zebras? Not much point, but just because there isn't a point doesn't mean its literally impossible. If it was, then that crazy soviet researcher wouldn't have been able to turn foxes from extremely distrusting loners into playful and highly social humanophiles in a few dozen years.

Impossible for primitive cultures

No point of domesticating zebras? Are you daft?

>nubia
not sub-saharans and they have caucasoid admixture

Domestication is basically a synonym for human selection as opposed to natural selection.
Humans select the individuals who possess desirable traits and make them reproduce, and after several generations and selection, you obtain docile and useful animals or plants, as the same is also done for bananas.

It would take too much work.

Yes but that goes against my Sup Forums narrative therefore I say white people were descent of atlantean space men and came down and taught everyone else how to live. I cannot comprehend another people ever developing a technology, that's just impossible!

Soyth ameorca is different to africa drthnogeographocally (indians migrsted grom the north and had to cross the andes, blacks always lived in the the place), and follow the same patterns of densely populated border regions, scarcely populated tribal rainforests and barely populated, nomadic plains. Same as africa in fact. All the kingdoms existed between the border zone ofthe sahara and the congo jungle

They were just semites then, at an extremely generous stretch the arabic language has existed since the 8th or 9th century bc, which is still long after domesticated animals were common in Africa

Yes, but you can't just domesticate any animal. See

Forgot to add that tge reason south Meroca domesticated animals (that weren't.dogs) was because the main trade routes were mountainous shitholes barely passable by unloaded humans. Meanwhile africa had stable trade routes and acess to european and indian sea trade

That tells you that it's not practical, not that it isn't possible.

That's a fact though. Nubians are not some Saharan Negroids.

No you ignoran't fuck, domestication means the animals.

You can tame almost all mammals but a tiny percentage of those can live amongst humans without flipping out and mauling one

Stop going to us schools

Why does it specifically have to be sub Saharan Africans?

Now that I think about it, none of the Scandinavian animals were ever domesticated either. We had to import already tamed animals.
I guess you could count the wolf, but the dog was already domesticated before anyone inhabitated Scandinavia. The Scandinavian wolf was never domsesticated

*sub saharan

just look at the image

Yeah, I think we've seen that many times before.

good for you user that I was not replying to

Yes but the amount of work needed is ridiculously stupid so it's stupid to even try.

why bother when you could just use a horse?

I’m not disagreeing with you, I completely agree that Nubians and other ethnic North Africans are very different to southern sub Saharan Africans. What I meant to say is why are you ignoring North Africa and only sub Saharan Africa is valid? I’m curious

Farming began in anatolia middle east (for the west) and spread out from there thriught a period of 15000-10000 years

You can assume almost all hunter gatherers knew that seeds create food but haven't figured out a system to mass produce food.

Europe used to be one big forest thay you could barely live in so population had a hard cap until civilization happened. The euros learned to.mass farm properly and had ridiculous pop explosions that needed migration periods

You do realize we god the horse from eurasians right

I think the only true euro domestications were chiclens and old world dogs

Because Niggers can't do anything right

No, the dog was domesticated in Asia, somewhere in todays China

Yoi have a ridiculous 1700s enlightment tier understanding of how civilization works.

Stop thinking in objectives and start thinking in necessity

Nubians are fulanics mate.

Wrong. The dog was domesticated in Eurasia and it is impossible to tell exactly where.

Rabbits

North Africans are not Negroids

dogs wjere domesticated simultaneously in multiple places

North america, china and europe. Problem is it's extremely hard to pinpoint were because dog breeds are a genetic mess

I was saying that his use of domestication is wrong.
And as said, you can domesticate other animals if you put effort into it, like those russian foxes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesticated_red_fox

No they aren’t lol. They’re people with Sudanese admixture from the time when egypt-Sudan was the same country

Up to a point. Domestication also implies the ability to live amongst humans.

A bear that follows humans everywhere would be quite dangerous

Why do you think genetic distance has a meaning in itself?

>You can assume almost all hunter gatherers knew that seeds create food but haven't figured out a system to mass produce food.
But not niggers? God, this entire thread is so fucking pointless. The attitude that this thread seems to have been created is that until European colonisation, Black Africans literally did not have farming and livestock. Who cares if they did it later or if they adopted from the Semites or whatever? These things have been there for a long time. How did Iron age technology kingdoms survive without all this during medieval times? The ancestors of Nigerian Bantus had even created a writing system without the help of the Arabs before the 1500s.

>Nubians are not some Saharan Negroids.
They look like negros to me m8.

>just look at the image
m8, you're going to have to do better than Sup Forums infographics.

What actual point are you trying to make? That niggers r dum? Why don't you look for some real science like interracial adoption tests for iq, etc. instead of making extremely bizarre, bad history filled threads about domestication of animals as if that has some obvious causal relationship on iq variation within populations.

Which time? You do realize egypt is as old as civilization and has had every form and shape possible in thst region?

Earliest history of egypt jad caucasoids in the north and true black nubians in the far south.

Over millenia these nubians became increasingly mixed because they lived at the worlds crossroads between eurasia and africa. Eventually centuries post egyptian conquest they weren't much different than northerners, except for being notably darker.

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/11261872/James-Watson-selling-Nobel-prize-because-no-one-wants-to-admit-I-exist.html

Chickens come from south-east asia.

>They look like negros to me m8.
I don't know, they look pretty white by American standards

Lol yes, west africa is literally a cradle of civilization. Much like sumerians they developed it independently.

You still fail to take into account how massive the natural barroers in central africa are. It took millenia for farming to move that far south and bantus nearly genocided tge locals because of that

I never said that Nubians are white.
They just have caucasoid admixture due to centuries of being close to the middle east.

How does that answer his question?

Whatever you say Billy-Bob Sanchez or Shawn Keithsson or whatever your stupid mutt name is

Oh fuck off Abdulli Deeq. Sweden will be majority non-white in less than 20 years, literally Somalia 2.

1. There was no need.
2. The animals in Africa are much tougher to tame
3. Who cares? You're obviously racist and just fishing for (You)s.

Yeah, you’re right. Many different people have settled in Egypt throughout history, from the Greeks, the Turks, the semites, Levantine etc.

Egypt started off as a kingdom in ancient time as I’m sure you know, it was much bigger back then and had two parts: upper Egypt and lower Egypt. It wasn’t until we got to modern times that Sudan and Egypt got separated, and even then we still share a lot of admixture between each other. Fulani are a completely different tribe from Mali and we don’t share any genes with these people. Nubians are and always have been North Africans.

>The animals in Africa are much tougher to tame
Wrong
>You're obviously racist
No argument: the post

>wolves cannot be domesticated
>whites didnt give a shit and did so anyways, selecting for loyalty over thousands of years
>we now have dogs, who are domesticated
Such is the power of the Wh*te man.

>>The animals in Africa are much tougher to tame
>Wrong
Wrong
>>You're obviously racist
>No argument: the post
You don't want an argument you just want an excuse to call Africans niggers and subhumans.

Fulanics originate from sudan, there's a Malian offshot that migrated there much layer, but most fulanic cultures live west of south egypt and ethopia.

Their e l o n g a t e d head shape is pretty noticeable on artwork so their presence is easy to figure out