Castlevania

>"Back down weebs. Leave cartoon-kino to me."

Your opinion is just as bad as this thread.

How so?

Glorified animated lifetime movie

What did she mean by this?

Is it any good?

Not really.

if you are a castlevania fan yes.
if you arent a castlevania fan yes.

you will only find pretentious contrarian hipsters saying that its shit here

its a good castlevania adaptation
if you like castlevania, you'll probably like it

the only complaints ive seen are the usual ones you'll read all over teevee
>ree netflix
>ree jews!
>ree women!
>ree science!
>muh catholocism!
>it's not animu therefore its garbage!

same shit all day.

If I was still 14 and just finding out about atheism and reddit, this would have been literally the best thing things because that's probably the target audience. It's just ok, overhyped for just 4 episodes

Yeah I liked it. But you have to kinda' want to like it. You know?

Like if you enjoy the church hunting traditional vampires and shit, you might like it.

Also if you played the games you'll probably enjoy the winks.

Crazy how your mind can mature so much in a year huh? :^)

>you will only find pretentious contrarian hipsters saying that its shit here
Too many buzzwords in one sentence pham

It's very bland, the pacing in particular. Not to say that it's terrible but you're really not missing out on anything.

I enjoyed it, until I realized it was only 4 fucking episodes.

I unironically sympathize with the main protagonist as slowly growing more distant from a respectful family as well as losing touch with humanity after trying to slay the demons of the common man for so long and realizing everything I did was for naught and no one gives a shit anyway

>Like if you enjoy the church hunting traditional vampires and shit, you might like it.

this

I've never played castlevania but I love anything monster hunter like the witcher, the original Bram Stoker dracula, etc., and I thoroughly liked this.

Season 2 will have 8 episodes so there's that I guess.

It's super mediocre as an actual story but the animation is really good in parts and considering it's just the pilot it shows great potential

Eric, simply eric

Wait for next Season

There's nothing contrarian about not being able to tolerate that shit ass dialogue

I've been reading Bearing False Witness by Rodney Stark so the anti-science portrayal of religious figures is particularly annoying because it has no real foundation in facts. The church has never burned people for practicing medicine or whatever. It's completely absurd.

The bishop is obviously a power-hungry dickhole manipulating the peoples' fears. He's just using local belief to do so.
That one anointed priest in the final battle who actually can produce holy water should have tipped you off.

She wants him to drink her piss because she figures it would disgust him. She thinks he's rude.

It won't disgust me

it's ok, felt unfinished.
>Dracula only appears at the start of the first episode
what a shit

the whip choreography was surprisingly good.

why can't more video game adaptions be this good while also staying this faithful to the source material?

It's fine. I'm not a big fan of the games (only played SoTN, Rondo, Castlevania 2, Super Castlevania IV and the GBA/DS ones), but I always liked the mythos.
It's not mindblowing and it falls short in a lot of tropes. The animation is also bad sometimes.
But what makes it good is the pacing. It's like watching a very violent 90s cartoon develop right in front of your eyes. Plus, the hero uses a whip.

I'm not sure it's meant to be history-accurate.

Granted, but I doubt she thinks this fetish exists, so she assumes everybody would be disgusted it.

Casual fan of the series that never played any of the games for longer than a few hours because vampires are fucking stupid but yes, it's objectively well made. Wished there was more.

To be fair there is a scene that outright shows this was less of a church decision and more of a decision by an insane power hungry bishop. The scene I'm referring to is the one where the other priest brings up his past study involving science and the bishop gives him a "I'll fucking end you right now" vibe.

The Bishop is clearly using the Church for personal gain and burning a woman alive for practicing a science that would diminish church influence isn't that farfetched when you consider the ambitions of the Bishop.