Mike: I have zero interest, and I'm sure 90% of the world does too, in seeing an Aquaman movie

>Mike: I have zero interest, and I'm sure 90% of the world does too, in seeing an Aquaman movie
>Jay: Hahaha
>Mike: If you want to make a Justice League movie that's fine, but that's a dead end
>Jay: Outside Batman and Superman DC is full of really lame characters
>Jay: Marvel is doing things inteligently and correctly
>Mike: And Marvel movies are fun...

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SZVqXyWeKNU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>bait: the video
>bait: the thread
>bait: the bait

They're unfunny idiots who buy into the Aquaman sucks maymay?

>assblasted dckeks incoming

>Staring Mike and Jay as
>HACK FRAUDS

I think they summed it up perfectly for you.

There is an interesting Aquaman. Camp doesn't sell well with the general audience though and there is no justice in this putrid world of ours, and BTBATB Aquaman is good pure for us

>Jay: Marvel is doing things inteligently and correctly
>Mike: And Marvel movies are fun...
Didn't they get bored with Civil War?

>marveldrone bait

Someone should make that Pixar vs Dreamworks image with Marvel and DC instead.

They're not idiots but people foolishly elevated them to some weird God status when really they're the same as everybody else: fine in their element, but limited in areas they're not so familiar with. Take what they say with a grain of salt and they're fine.

Remember kids, it's okay to both agree and disagree with people. Otherwise you're just looking for an echo chamber.

DAE THINK AQUAMAN IS LAME xD

Well to be honest I think they are right when it comes to Batman and Superman being the only two heroes that actually are interesting and when it comes to comics and comicbook movies the rogues of these two are top notch.

All the other heroes and their rogues are pretty shit.

>Hating on manta
i know its bait but cmon now

DC:
>Uhh, there are superheroes
>And they do things good guys normally don't do
>And they all make this face

These are good film reviewers. I like it when they review films. It's funny how they talk and make jokes about films. Films are a very popular form of media. Did you know that there's a Television & Film board? Maybe your film-related thread would be more successful there?

>implying the world is ready for GOAT Aquabro

He's too perfect, user

I disagree with them that no one wanted to see Aquaman in a movie. I did want to see Aquaman in a movie, until they cast Momao

/thread

Yeah, this pretty much

They aren't wrong though, and I say that as someone who loves DC and the setting. It has plenty of characters that have just aged really badly right down to the concept. The Trinity, Green Arrow, Flash, the Gotham-cast stories in general, and a few of the smaller hero teams (Titans, Young Jsutice) are all good. But heroes like Aquaman and Cyborg just can't carry their own films, or at least not in the same way as Marvel managed.

Batman is what sells DC products, we have seen this time, after time, after time. To a lesser extent Superman, and potentially Wonder Woman.

Marvel just put a hell of a lot of mouse money down, got the best minds and creators they could, and aimed at the lowest common denominator. And it worked; so well that the MCU brand is enough to sell a title like Ant-Man, who isn't even a big seller in the comics.

Another thing is that Marvel plays it's whacky heroes for laughs or at least acknowledges how silly they are. DC? DC has a habit of playing everything incredibly and tragically straight, and what works in comics might not work in film.

If MoS and BvS had been recieved as well as Iron Man and Avengers were, then they might have had the 'credit' to sell an Aquaman film. Hell, the only reason Wonder Woman is going to make bank, really, is because she is well known, and they are doing 'muh feminism/representation' without the mistakes Ghostbusters made.

Who are these idiots and why should I care? Are they just Marvel shills?

>King of the seas that controls stuff
>aged badly
For fuck sakes, its a simple as fuck concept that Johns made it work a thousand fucking times and Peter david before him

>Are they just Marvel shills?
No they were pretty down on Civil War

Yeah, but normies still think his power is talking to dolphins

He's black Doctor Doom

>Down on Civil War

I'm one of the most joyless, "muh changes" faggots and I had fun with Civil War. RLM is the most tryhard shit I've ever seen from internet reviewers since TGWTG.

>They aren't wrong though, and I say that as someone who loves DC and the setting. It has plenty of characters that have just aged really badly right down to the concept. The Trinity, Green Arrow, Flash, the Gotham-cast stories in general, and a few of the smaller hero teams (Titans, Young Jsutice) are all good.

>The things I've seen on tv are fine

Nigga, this is some weak ass bait.

Yeah.
I don't find their insight on film to be any different than other PoopTube hack critics like Jeremy Jhan and Stuckmann.
>But no, they are """"""""funny""""""""

It's important to remember Mike and Jay are normies when it comes to superheroes. They don't read comics or watch modern cartoons. All of their knowledge comes from general pop culture, so The Super Friends

hahahah hohohoh heheheh hihhiih

Jay & Morty will inevitably self destruct.

They are pathetic cynics

>e-celebs

Oh how WRONG these faggots will be proven in just two weeks, I can NOT wait!

I can't accuse any youtube channel that put out a video just talking about how awesome Tremors is as tryhard

>2016
>doing Aquaman jokes
This one is fresh from Conan
youtube.com/watch?v=SZVqXyWeKNU

But the new 52 helped his image a lot, the first arc played the whole "He talks to fish" angle really well, showing aquaman as someone that has power but as a guy that is most of all human, which was actually pretty cool once it hits Throne of Atlantis

But marvel is so much fin! Dud? they just fun and fun and they are fun!

>dumb americans think Road Warrior is better than the original Mad Max
Opinion discarded

No one cared about Iron Man until RDJ showed his drug addict ass. No one thought Iron Man movie would win and it won only because it's nothing like comics.

Bottom line, MCU has better approach at dictating people how they should be liking these characters.

>not idiots
>criticize prequel trilogy of Star Wars for the same reasons they love original trilogy AND Force Awakens
If you hate prequel trilogy and like Force Awakens, you're drop dead retarded. No excuses.

>as someone who loves DC
how to spot a false-flagging marvelfag, kids.

well clearly Civil War wasn't fun enough

Normies all suck The Flash's dick though. Even before a tv show. Hell half of normies now aren't even familiar with Aquaman memes because they grew up watching Justice League or played Injustice.

>If you hate prequel trilogy and like Force Awakens, you're drop dead retarded. No excuses.

Mad Max is such a slow burn with a very little pay off though.

You're talking about comic books. The average person still doesn't give a shit

I think they can change that with some good movies, but that's the general perception the world has on DC characters.

>If you hate prequel trilogy and like Force Awakens, you're drop dead retarded. No excuses.
I don't think that user implied that he likes the prequels. He is just pointing out their hypocrisy.

Didn't Cartoon Network have bumpers with Justice Friends Aquaman around the time Justice League was airing?

Opinion from a real DC fan: any character is viable as long as they make it a good film with proper marketing and enough of a normie pull. Maybe even Hawkman, though I don't like him much. I think nth metal is cool though.

The general perception doesn't exist. I still hear people calling Batman and Robin "homos" and that "Ant-Man" is a lame concept.

Some people are willing to give anything superhero related a try, no matter how weird it is. Others are weirdly picky/choosy.

>The king of the sea... who considering how rarely anything interesting happens in the sea, might as well be a moderately powered fantasy cosplayer for how relevant it is when the JLA are in space or whatever.

Sorry guys, I just agree with them to an extent. I love the shit out of the comics, and DCAU, but I just can't summon up any enthusiasm for a Aquaman or Cyborg film.

To be fair, as much as I like the MCU, I'm not particularly hyped for Black Panther either. Only their track record of films that made me smile and chuckle while watching them will make me see it. And Bucky, because I'm really liking his character. It's almost like they know some people will see it for the other characters.

He is not wrong, Force Awakens is the most safe movie i have ever seen, theres literally nothing that can catch someone off guard there, and Kylo Ren was a fucking horrible villain

Meme off, marveldrone.

You and me.

>how rarely anything interesting happens in the sea
Nigga have you read Throne of Atlantis ? or how Orm can literally wreak shit thanks to having a silver tongue and a fucking trident ?

No, he's Black Eobard Thawne.

>Kylo Ren was a fucking horrible villain

He's the best part. He's a Darth Vader fanboy that wants to be seen as this big badass, but besides his power he's an unstable joke.

Wow, two guys who don't know anything about comics share the mainstream view that Aquaman is fucking lame. There's a shock. Fucking more on this at 11 back to you at the study Ron

Man every single one of those background faces are amazing.

>this thread

They're okay movies with really shitty acting. Their strength is introducing a fuckton of interesting characters and concepts that became really fun in video games like Battlefront and Jedi Knight 2/3.

They're nowhere near as great as the original Star Wars movies but people acting like they're a crime against humanity, or the worst movies to ever exist is pretty silly, and old hat to the point of cringey if you're trying to be witty.

>make this face
>give canonically non-canon example
bait harder, faggot

you would not survive the attempt

No, he's black Manta

The general perception exists, Marvel characters are seen as inherently cooler than DC characters.

That's precisely why Marvel always sells more comics even though most of what they publish currently is trash. There is a prejudice against DC characters.

Gotta admit, while I agree that they aren't as good as the original trilogy, I seriously love TFA and the prequels.

>quoting professional reviewers is now considered bait

wew lad

>ho considering how rarely anything interesting happens in the sea

>Having no imagination
>On Sup Forums

You might not be baiting, but just understand why people are calling your posts bait.

You make it sound like you had no enthusiasm for any of the stuff you mentioned, UNTIL they got a tv show or movie. You listed Gotham as GOOD.

People had no interest in an Ant-Man movie until, holy shit, one was getting made and got things like trailers and marketing and people said "hey this has action and special effects, let's check it out."

KAIO QUIP

>professional

They come off as two contrarian hacks in a basement.

A Phantom Menace was one of the most boring movies I've ever watched. The other two are bad, but I can get through them just fine.

>The general perception exists, Marvel characters are seen as inherently cooler than DC characters.

Among internet "nerds" who are people into geeky shit but don't really read comic books. That's a really small percentage of people, it's just people that read comics are even smaller.

General perception includes everyone, mostly normal people who have no opinions of any of these things but will probably go see the average comic book movie because people just like to watch movies.

It's really sad. No one gave a shit about Iron Man until he had a movie. 90 percent of people would not have been interested in Iron Man at all.

Now he's bigger than Superman and Batman.

When people say they find Marvel characters more interesting what they really mean is that they saw the movies and liked the characters. They have no idea about characters outside the movies.

Was 90 percent of people looking forward to Ant-Man? How about Thor? Black Panther?

But no. Say you were always fans. Go on.

>Contrarians
>For stating a popular opinion
Look I love Aquaman and I'm enjoying the current run but it's a popular opinion that "Aquaman sucks". People who have no idea about the character hate it for no reason. Maybe it's the name? The power set they assume the character has?

I'm not talking about their opinion of Aquaman.

I'm saying that they are usually contrarian in general.

I swear that this isn't bait but TPM is my favorite of the prequels.

Aquaman isn't fucking useless. He can make a great lifeguard.

Would you fake drowning just so Aquaman would give you mouth to mouth

What is this a world where flash and his rogues don't exist

Its literally just memes.

Take a guy that has super strength and durability. But that's not all.

He can telepathically control most life forms on the planet. He could flood the world just by displacing bio mass if he really wanted to.

He also has a magic trident.

He can also telepathically kill your brain.

In a fight he would beat the hell out of guys like Captain America, Black Panther, Bucky, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Batman...and that's without using his "talks to fish" powers.

It is literally just memes. If Batman never had movies you would see the same about him. "What? A Superhero with no super powers? How fucking lame is that!"

Then they aren't really professionals if they don't have their opinion and can state only popular one

>Kylo Ren was a fucking horrible villain
foreshadowing, much?

How's black Spider-Man/Iron Man/Captain America, Marveldrone?

Kaio quip x10

Why normies aren't memeing on Namor?

He does. In peter davids run he literally has a conversation with some dophins.

Green Arrow is a shitty concept and strictly inferior to the king of fucking Atlantis, opinion discarded.

Because Namor wasn't ingrained into pop culture by The Super Friends

Because he's cool. And fun.

>Now he's bigger than Superman and Batman.
>Bigger than Batman
if comic sales mean anything, them no he is not, not even bendis could save the poor fucker

Seriously, what the fuck with that ancient cartoon, why is it always comes back to it. No one who knows what a meme is has ever seen a single episode of it.

And it's ok to forget Adam West's Batman existed, but always refer back to Super Friends when it's Aquaman? At least watch some Justice zleague, shitlords.

I still hear people call Captain America "useless" for being on a team with Thor and Iron Man or "jingoistic" even though we just had TWO movies of him telling the government to go fuck itself.

Despite the Deadpool movie's massive success, I've only met two people who liked it, everyone else I know was not interested whatsoever.

I have coworkers who've never picked up a comic who tell me they want to see movies about Aquaman and Animal Man, and I went to school with kids who thought Aquaman, and anyone who wasn't Batman was lame.

The point is, my experience isn't typical, but neither is this hivemind you're trying to push. There's a fuckton of people on the planet and not all of them have the same opinions.

People on this fucking board can't even agree on anything. Look at the threads where people are at eachother's throats for ranking the MCU films in a certain order.

Because Normies don't know who Namor is

I actually happened to watch this review last night and something Mike said really struck a chord. I'm paraphrasing here, but

>"If Superman existed in the real world, not everyone would love him. There would be people thinking he's an evil alien come to rule us or destroy us. There would be talking heads on CNN arguing about it, etc.
>But here's the thing: The real world sucks. I don't watch a Superman movie to be reminded of how much the world sucks."

It's honestly how I feel about Snyder's Murderverse as a whole. Snyder desperately wants to take the wonder and whimsy out of superheroes when that's really what they're all about, ESPECIALLY classic characters like Superman.

Quote is out of context a tad, I think they were talking about how Marvel took time to slowly build up their universe with Iron Man and Thor and shit whereas DC just shoehorned references to setting up the JL in BvS.

I know nothing about Aqua Man but reading this it just sounds like his design isn't focused enough. He can do all this shit and none of it is related to each other.

The thing that makes him stand out is his ability to talk to fish and they don't capitalize on this at all? No fish piloted drones or genetically engineered super fish that live on land? No magic water bubbles to bring sharks with him? Does he do stuff like this?

Sue, please.

Only comic fans and a handful of people who watched cartoons remember him. He's got a die-hard, small group of fans and some people on here that make fun of him for lusting after Sue Storm.

Because they don't know he exists.

But give him a movie and people will be saying that he was always their favorite character who had potential while saying that DC characters are too lame to have movies.

I agree and disagree fellow user
I agree that Snyderverse takes the wonder and whimsy fun out of the superhero and film.
I disagree because that's what I like about the films.

So here's a (You) for your two cents

I mostly disagree. Before the Iron Man movie I had 0 interest in seeing an Iron Man movie. Premise isn't all that important, execution will always be the decisive factor.

However the truth is that DC hasn't been doing a good job. They live in the shadow of Nolan's Batman, and their attempts at recreating a dark, grounded superhero story have been lackluster. However I think it can be done in the hands of someone more competent, even though I'd rather see and adaptation similar in tone to All-Star Superman.