This episode was weird

This episode was weird

It's meant to show how absurdly retarded Bojack is. And how cute seahorses are.

No it wasn't.

Every episode is there to prove that Bojack is oblivious, insecure and dosen't learn from his mistakes.

I think he meant about the underwater city user

It was kind of boring, desu.

Would you shove Vodka up your ass?

Honestly I thought it was the episode that had the most merit, did a great job using the animal people mechanic to convey isolation in different culter/country and how claustrophobic it is not knowing the language.

I did it when I was in high school.

It was "Lost In Translation: the episode, with fish people instead of Japanese people". I loved it.

I was disappointed that no other episode later brought up that he was now getting sued because he blew up an underwater candy factory.

This might have been my favorite episode of the season, I think it was cool to see an episode with extremely little dialogue communicate a strong narrative.

Plus it sets up BoJack having parental feelings. This whole season was about family; the obvious one is this episode and the horse girl who is almost certainly BoJack's daughter but there's more. Diane's pregnancy, Princess Carolyn making more time in her life for romance, even Rabbit guy's wife having babies. It's all there throughout the season.

I thought it was pretty clever to have the episode about art film festivals be completely silent.

To add to my own post, BoJack has a lot of fucked up feelings about parents/family. His own parents were neglectful/abusive, he played the father figure in Horsin' Around and as such felt like a father to the kids on the show, especially Sara Lynn. While he enjoyed his time on Horsin' Around, it was really only a part he was playing. He's only now starting to realize how important family is, and I'm certain season 4 will push that harder with his actual daughter.

bojack reminds me too much of myself in my highschool depression years

It wasn't bad but the whole silent thing worked against it. I'll say this, the atmosphere they created did feel underwater, the way the pacing and communication errors happened left me feel like I was screaming words underwater trying to have a conversation. It's like a water level in Mario or donkey kong, it makes you feel the resistance of being underwater, and I'm terribly impatient, so it struck a bad chord with me - also seahorse baby CP

So it was basically "Lost in Translation" right?
They should've gone full out and not reveal the letter Bojack wanted to give to the director.

It was definitly an odd episode out but I thought they used it to great effect and they also used a song by one of my favorite bands in that episode so you know, some extra points there

For those of you who care, the song that play towards the end and into the end credits is sea of dreams by oberhofer

>

Other thread over here guys. Lets not flood the board.

2muchCP4me

oh god another reddit feels horse thread

Which is why it feels kind of odd to me that BoJack's parents and family life were barely mentioned at all.

>CP
you do not understand what this term means

This episode was good.

He did have that nice talk with his mom though

DUDE DEPRESSION LMAO

Wasn't that season 2?

The Closer wasn't BoJack's mom.

Of course it was,

It's my favourite episode this season. They did a pretty good job of having minimal dialogue and expressing it through body language.

Why not?

Best Spongebob episode in years.

Why would Beatrice Horseman give a fuck about convincing people to subscribe to the LA Gazette and where would she have gotten all those super psychology skills we've never seen her use? Every time she's shown up she's been a bitter rich heiress craving luxury and popularity that's frustrated she got trapped in a mediocre family and expresses that frustration with merciless cruelty. The Closer on the other hand is an amazing manipulator that has risen to the top of her business by using (possibly fake, but that's beside the point) empathy and compassion to convince people to buy newspapers. They're just really different people.

We've only seen Beatrice through Bojack's eyes.
We don't know how she's like around others.

I see what you're saying and you're likely right, but there is a rich irony that Beatrice is actually a very insightful person but just doesn't give a shit about Bojack.

It showed that even when Bojack tries to do the right thing, hes a fuck up.

How? Because he blew up the taffy factory?

He missed his premiere. He failed utterly at telling the director lady what he wanted to say. And yeah, he stole shit from a liquor store and generally just fucked tons of shit up in his efforts to get the seahorse baby home.

I think part of the point of him fucking all those other things up to help the baby seahorse was because that other stuff wasn't as important as saving a baby. Like, maybe he could have made it to the premiere, but it would have come at the cost of abandoning a baby on the side of the road to suffer who knows what fate. I think he'd consider it worth it.

I'm sure he did. But that doesn';t make him not a fuckup.