glyphobet.net/drwho
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/
youtu.be/AVKDvqpaiSE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off Colin

Reminder ZA IS NO HEATHER

When will Doctor Who be cancelled?

2018 or 2019?

Just started watching season 7 (classic series) it's comfy as fuck. Truely /who/ kino.

it's already cancelled
they didn't annonce the new doctor

Spearhead is a 10/10
Silurians I like, particularly the handshake moment, but it's sort of hampered by the whole Brig-genocide not affecting later stories all that much. Hulke should have been showrunner instead of Dicks/Letts.
Haven't watched the other two

I honestly believe we will never know the exact truth of the story but I tend to go with Eccleston's version of events. He's a very serious man. And it's apparent that he has strong feelings about bullying. I doubt any of the extras or the caterers were ever bullied on any level like Clarkson punching that one dude, but I assume Eccleston witnessed some stuff going on that didn't sit well with him. Actors, directors, producers etc can get a bit high and mighty. It might've been as simple as a director telling off a running boy for forgetting to put milk in his coffee and taking it a bit too far. We'll never know the full story, or how serious it all was, but something obviously didn't sit well with Eccleston in such a way that he decided not to do a second series.
As for not doing the 50th, Eccleston's known for being picky with his roles and has stated many times that once a project is done, it's done. I thought it was polite enough of him to speak one-on-one with Moffat about the possibility of returning, before declining to do so.

Now that the dust has settled, how does /who/ feel about how all the various fan predictions turned out?

>Nardole being the Watcher
Wish it had happened desu. It was always very unlikely, but it was a fun meme.

>12 regenerates by going back to the Library and saving River
>the Monks become the Cybermen
>anything after Extremis being a simulation
Very glad none of these happened.

>Missy is in the vault
Pretty much the lamest answer to what could be in the vault.

>Bradley will play the 1st Doctor
Really surprised at this one, not sure how it'll turn out.

>Just started watching season 7 (classic series
Fuck off m8. Go back to GallBased. Here we don't watch clashit who

To hell with this retard he made me mad a second time now.

Why the fuck did he decide to screw his opportunity to have a top perfect life with a woman who he was in love with, just to save some kid from the middle east? He's probably going to die again in like a year anyway.

>Nardole being the Watcher
Well technically the kinds and the others are under his watch now and Capaldi got a Baker inspired moment in the finale so I think it's close enough

It's too big now to outright cancel it. Sure the ratings are shit here but the Koreans are all over it and we don't want to upset them.
In all seriousness though, if Chibnall makes an arse of it all the worst we get is maybe a break of format. Two or three years of Specials like Tennant in 2009. Keep the show alive on a drip while frantically searching for a competent team to bring the show back to its earlier popularity.

This was GOAT and only made The Mind Robber better than it already was. New Who could never get away with something like this.

>kinds
*kids

Season 7 is the Season 26 of the 70s.

Inferno is godtier kino. Go and watch it now, or watch it tomorrow on stream - I've been meaning to rewatch it for ages now.

Ambassadors is kino too but not as good IMO

Why is Moffat such a good writer? ;_;

>Because love, it's not an emotion. Love is a promise.

D
O
C

T
O
R

WHOOO
WHIOOO

OHWWWWW
WHOOO
/W/O/H/

WHO

Would doctir who benefit from going back to a serialized format like classic who?

Artistically, maybe, viewing figures definitely not.

THE PROMISE OF A SOLDIER

Is this the most underage and reddit general on Sup Forums?

Nah, that's /lbg/

You'll sleep safe tonight.

Can't disagree w/ Satan, now, can I?

Yes, but plebs don't like serials.

>The Monks

What the fuck were those guys, anyways? It has been established multiple times throughout the classic series and the non-television stuff that it's impossible to predict the Doctor or simulate his actions (let alone his entire time stream). Borusa, the guy who has the ability to see through infinite time lines, was unable to see the future and anticipate the Doctor's reactions. Hell, the Matrix couldn't even do it. So how could the Monks able to do it?

Would cancel the show faster

I remember a rumour about the Monks becoming Weeping Angels. Glad that didn't happen, though I can't say I'm glad with the Monks in general either. I think the rumour spun-off from another rumour that Extremis was supposed to be a one-off episode by Moffat featuring the Weeping Angels and the Vatican. I still kinda believe the three-parter wasn't planned at first and that Extremis was supposed to be a one-off.

I sent it... yes, I sent it.

Where every story in it is good?

I thought they were related to the Scilence somehow

Man, 9 would have tore into Danny. Especially if he saluted him and called him "sir."

How diffrent would have the 9 or 10 doctor era have been had they gone with the story about 9 manipulating rose's life to make her a perfect companion?

Alright /who/, what are the top 10 worst serials?

Reply.

Yes

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, 12/Bill “I'm a lesbian” Potts) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
And free scenario prompts:
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

Colin THICC
Cloister
Cats
Undecim
Macra
Prog
AlsoFine
Amadeus
Wang
(you)

We don't know because we have absolutely no idea how that story would have turned out, aside from a vague outline.
If RTD found something that didn't sit well with his vision of Doctor Who in the script, he'd have just rewritten it anyway.

I raised this topic a while ago. I don't think so. It'd change the whole mood of the show as well. 25-minute episodes are way too short and I hardly think today's average viewer would get invested in a story that's spread over 4-6 weeks. We live in an era of binge-watching. Netflix releases new series in one go and the general public has started to watch entire series in one or two sittings. If DW starts giving us shorter episodes, spread out over several weeks, that tell one story, the likely outcome is that people don't watch the episodes live but just wait until all the episodes are out and watch them all in one sitting. It'd wreck havoc on the ratings.

Interestingly, do you think Doctor Who would benefit from going Netflix-style and releasing the full series in one go, on one day?

>Nardole, Bill, I'm flying blind, you're way ahead of the footage I'm receiving. For once, time is my enemy.

Bill and Nardole aboard a spaceship hurling towards disaster and the Doctor aboard a monitoring station receiving lagging live footage. Can the Time Lord predict what happens next based on the lagging livestream to help his friends in real time?

Nice b8 m8, but I r8 a mere 6/8.

Wang Chiang? really?

That's a good idea but how can he do it?

Fuck off m8. We man up and watch everything here. Welcome to offseason /who/.

They basically were a rip-off, or perhaps re-skin of the Silents. Tall, thin, long arms with long fingers, electric laser beams. They have a lot in common. Even their motives. Only difference is the Silents shaped the world in the background, while Monks ran a simulation and then ruled the world from a spotlight.

>The Master killed herself because he doesn't want to see himself working with the doctor

Why is he so against it now?

The Simm Master has always been retarded m8.

Some nominations for worst serial(s):

The Web Planet
Planet of the Daleks
Death to the Daleks
Underworld
The Armageddon Factor
Destiny of the Daleks
Nightmare of Eden
The Horns of Nimon
Terminus
Time-Flight
The Twin Dilemma

Because Simm master from what little we've seen of him is the most selfish and prideful iteration of the Master

Is Simm the real ninth doctor?

I really, really want Moffat to publish a Writer's Tale like RTD. I love behind-the-scenes stuff. I've never actually read RTD's book though, what's it about? Just generally about how it was like bringing the show back, or does he talk in-depth about co-workers, episodes, nice anecdotes etc?

Have you ever had a serial so bad you couldn't finish it?

>two bad actors
>two bad characters

yes!

No, Atkinson is.

Christ he got fat

>The Web Planet
Weirdkino.

>The Horns of Nimon
Campkino.

The Doctor, exterminated by a Dalek in Victorian India. The Doctor, killed by gunshot in the early 1930s San Francisco. The Doctor, falling off a cliff after being cornered by Cybermen in Africa in the 90s.

What the hell is going on with the Doctor?

>book though, what's it about?
his anus.
Moff's book would be about his genius and Gatiss balls

I wish he would play the Doctor for real desu.

What?

Nope I'm not a pussy
I think there was a 3 serial that really tested my patience, and when I was quite young I tried watching Day of the Daleks and it was so boring I wanted to die, although I thought it was decent watching it more recently)

There's a lot of stuff about getting panicky before deadlines, the nightmare of trying to ship a bus to the desert, and lusting after Russell Tovey.

This made me realize the Doctor has never regenerated in a story set in the past. The Doctor Falls might be the closest with its setting resembling the old west.

It's a die and retry story. Every time he dies the timeline resets but he remembers he died and escapes. Until he dies at a later point and then the cycle begins again.

I guess I should've expected some lines about how he had the hots for John Barrowman/Russell Tovey etc. The bus to desert thing was already well-documented in Doctor Who Confidential. Still, is it worth a read or is it just general "it was quite hard to make the show sometimes" stuff?

Has there ever been an episode that ends the exact same way it started?

Don't know what trope this is.

Well regeneration is about moving on, so I guess they make the setting reflect that.

Those are all trips. We used to have a trip named
Tom Baker's Gaint Wang. He's was /who/s favorite trip, Drawfag art teacher, husband and now, father last i heard.
Undecim - Made an appearance here at the beginning of the series.
Macra- Did the same, I think.
Prog- MIA
AlsoFine-I think march or april they made one or two posts and left again.
Amadeus- Was around before the series, I suspect he's been making a few posts as user. Hope so at least. Miss them.

It's called a book end.

What happened to her?

teninch

Died on the moon of whatever planet they were on according to RTD when asked by moffat.

But she's alive at the end.

I meant really the exact same thing not a similar situation. The exact same event.

>ship plunges to its death
>doctor and others are saved
>shenanigans
>ending is the same scene somehow, the ship plunges to its death

An endless loop.

HEATHERED

>do you think Doctor Who would benefit from going Netflix-style and releasing the full series in one go, on one day?
I'd hate that. I've been watching it weekly since 2005 and there's a charm to waiting for the next saturday to roll around. Plus if they did all release at once I'd probably binge it in one weekend and be left without episodes for a full year. As for whether the show would benefit from it, I don't think so, unless the BBC sells the rights to Netflix which will never happen

What house would each Doctor be in in the Harry Potter universe?

youtu.be/AVKDvqpaiSE

Well worth a read. A huge huge insight into production schedules, Russell's own mind, his way of working, juggling 3 shows, his various roles, his home life, inspirations, everything is in there.

She was put on the "might revisit this character in the future" pile. Moffat exclusively asked RTD to keep her alive in case he wanted to use her. Doubt it'll ever happen now though.

Skipping Doctors I have limited knowledge on but

7 - Slytherin
8 - Ravenclaw
9 - Gryffindor
10 - Gryffindor
11 - Hufflepuff
12 - Ravenclaw

No...she flys off in the rocketship and goes splat on the moon. This is from the Ask Moffat or whatever in DWM i believe.

6th doctor is River Song.

That's fucking hilarious.

NO SIR (i'd do)ALL THIRTEEN!

Id add paradiss towers and timelash to that

World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls

NEVER LOSE YOUR TEMPER IN THE MIDDLE OF A DOOR SIGN

To this day I still don't know what he meant by this. What does that mean?

Both Rusty and Moffat are hilarious. I'd so go to something like "An Evening with Kevin Smith" with them. Just a couple hour long Q&A where they shoot the shit and talk about headcanon/doctor who stories.

Hmm, I prefer this femten instead

Wrong. 8 would be in Thunderbird

>The bus to desert thing was already well-documented in Doctor Who Confidential.
Why the HELL did that get cancelled anyway? The official word was that it cost too much which is bullshit because it was basically two or three cameramen chatting to cast and crew in between takes or filming sets being built etc. They used footage from the actual episode as well and sometimes archival footage. I couldn't have cost much at all to make.

I'm salty because I used to really like watching Confidential. Matt, Karen and Arthur joking around with each other on set, some interesting interviews with that week's episode's writer and director. I loved seeing the chemistry between the actors and the behind-the-scenes stuff. Since then all we've gotten is an occasional 3-minute clip on youtube or that fan show thing.

He was supposed to just write a normal "keep out" or whatever but got mad and wrote "GO AWAY HUMANS" instead

Get the fuck out. Right now.

Fuck off Mongo