Why is archery at the Olympics divided between men and women? There is major physical strength required for it

Why is archery at the Olympics divided between men and women? There is major physical strength required for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EO_BnsrWMnI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_individual
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics_–_Women's_individual
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_team
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics_–_Women's_team
worldarchery.org/athlete/14343/choi-misun
worldarchery.org/athlete/8179/kim-woojin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think you just answered your own question...

I would love to shoot my semen at her tits. The nipple would be the bullseye.

Objection: asked and answered!

Pistol and rifle shooting is also divided.

Women are biologically disadvantaged when it comes to concentration and hand-brain coordination.

It's like we can't have one thread anymore. One idiot always has to make another for attention. Sage this shit.

*NO major physical strength required for it... typo!!!

I don't know much about archery but there is strength involved in it. Unless the olympic archers use very light bows I can see how women would be disadvantaged.

Why do you people keep posting fake tits?

sage

Slide thread.

I actually has a huge effect

Because women still suck at it

There's no point in dividing by sex any more.
>be male
>take oestrogen for 6 months
>claim to identify as female
>enter female division
>win
>make a mockery of the Olympics

Female olympic archers use bows with a draw weight of up to 50 pounds. With modern bows they can reduce this to something like 20 pounds of actual exertion. It really is not as physically demanding as some people make it out to be.

Men.
Natural born hunters.
Genetics and lowest instincts from million of years ago sharpend towards hunting.

Finding pray and slaying it. Working with other men togther to slay beasts bigger and stronger then they are.

Women:
Spread there legs for the first best retard.

Yeah no. Women egos will never recover after that defeat. Cant hurt them that hard. We just leave you the illusion of being in controll and being important.

What I don't understand is why there are women who actually oppose this gender segregation in sports. It was literally first introduced so that women could win something.

>be male
>no transitioning steps required
>claim to identify as female
>enter female division
>win
>make a mockery of the Olympics

Is that possible?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Probably yes in a unique loophole kinda deal.

youtube.com/watch?v=EO_BnsrWMnI
Yes.

And what might you think is being slided?

>t. a non-archer

>playing medieval RPG
>bow effectiveness is decided by DEX and not STR

Women should be able to shoot just as well as men though, in normal target disciplines.. Maybe not in skeet/trap because it requires more movement speed, thus strength.

10/10 bretty good

It's so women can feel special because you otherwise wouldn't see any women there. Let them have their female archery competitions, just like they have their female chess tournaments.

Because the men would beat the women 100% of the time

is there anything a woman can do better than a man? aside from sex related issues, no

even when it comes to cooking, most of top notch chefs are man.

excellence and desire to prevail among all is a male thing that comes within the dna.

Having a warrior who can not only kill a dragon with a blunt fork be able to use a bow as well.
I'm all for realism, but why would DEX need to exist if that were the case?

Yet they aren't which once again proves that women are inferior in both mind and body.

In theory no.

There are 1 or 2 sports where women are better, due to weight advantages.

Apparently sometimes women beat men in Canooeing.

Women are generally better shots then men.

That's wrong though. That's why I hate the way archery is portrayed in a lot of movies, they'll usually give a woman a bow and make it look easy. It's one thing to be able to draw a 50 pound bow, it's an entirely different matter to hold it steady.

>literal stress fractures and bone spurs on archer skeletons
>lol it doesn't take any strength it's just for weak faggots

>no physical strength required
Clearly never actually shot an arrow

>putting women in seperate events since they can't compete in an all men's field is ok
>putting negroes in seperate schools since they can't compete without government intervention is not ok

Never understood this.

Thats because your own education seems to have failed you.

Einfach nur traurig.

Yeah and niggers can hit the broad side of a barn with a machine gun.

well, he probably went to school camp and shot a kiddy bow at a target 10 feet in front of him

>Women are generally better shots then men.
Which is why women dominate shooting events right?

Got any source to back this bullshit?

I always laugh when I show my friends my 50lbs long bow and they try to draw it, but fail.

Even fit-faggots need training to draw a bow properly.

FPBP.

OP is a fucking retard.

>dominate events which are stratified by gender
this is true, women have come first in the women's shooting every year since 1975

I've lost to my mother on the 25 meter rifle range more than once.. She's a pretty mean shot. Pretty consistently beat my father too. In shooting club competitions (as in, the club members shooting a tournament amongst each other) it's not uncommon at all for women to win.

>I have never been to a shooting range
>British flag

Seems about right.

I would gladly extent to you the courtesy of weighing your argument carefully instead of outright discarding it, but I'm having a hard time finding it.

Dex to increase hit chance, str to increase damage.

One stat doesn't necessarily have to come at the utter expense of the other.

Lmao have you ever fired a bow before in your life fatfuck?

Remembering that the bows used by ancient archers, such as an English longbow, could exceed a 200 pound draw. That's quite a lot more than modern sporting examples.

Anyone that cannot draw an 80lb compound or a 60lb recurve is just stupid weak.

I have never once been in shape my entire life and I never had an issue drawing any of my bows over 50lb since i was 12

I got my little sister a 30lb recurve that she could pull when she was 10, now she hasnt touched it for years cause its till light. I want to find some new limbs to put on it so i can get it to 40 or 50lb draw which she could pull no problem. She is 16 and about 120lb and has no problem

>Longbow
>50lb draw

A long bow is closer to 150lb draw you massive faggot

yes why not make paralympics and olympics together and without separating men and women. cause we're all equal and genderless.

Except for the fact there is. The stronger you are, the further back you can pull the drawstring and the steadier you can hold the bow.

Do women or men suck better dick?

>american
>girl
>16
>120lbs
>american

Your sister is a fatass isnt she.

probably men cause they have a dick themselves and know what feels good. same with lesbians, I imagine chicks can give better oral.

Thanks medpack.

You are retarded

I'll have you know that my 5'0" 13st female American cousin is totally thin. Any anti-American posts like this should result in a ban. Enough is enough.

One fatass comes to help another. Beluga whales travel in packs.

>120lbs is fat for a woman
Maybe if she is a severe womanlet.

I think this settles that

>13st
What does that mean?

No she is an ice skater lol. She puts in at least 2 hours a day on the ice and more on weekends. Plus my mother is one of those types that can eat whatever and never gain weight.

Sister got those genes, I didn't

Just cause you government would arrest you as a terrorist for owning any tools to participate in a shooting sport doesnt mean you need to hate on us. If you would stop chugging the maple syrup you could lose some weight too

if i had to guess probably 13 stone

which would mean 182lbs

Pistol shooting and dancey events like figure skating and rhythmic gymnastics

You need to be at least one year on hormone therapy.

Not that would change your physical superiority, but would you do that to yourself just to state a point ?

So women can win some medals too

because men are better at everything except childbirth. women's olympics == special olympics

KEK

Please an-hero yourself. Metrics should be purged.

Nice tits

The top female archers during the individual ranking round in Rio would have placed around 18th place if combined with the male competitors. Of the 64 male competitors, 59 met the minimum qualifying score of 630. On the women's side, only 32.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_individual
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics_–_Women's_individual

The ranking rounds for the team competition would have found the female South Korean team in fifth place overall with all other female teams ranking below the lowest scoring male team, Malaysia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_team
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics_–_Women's_team

Ranking rounds typically provide the best picture of raw skill. After ranking, the competition moves to one-on-one sets where archers scores are directly compared and a point is awarded for the highest 3-arrow group. The sum total of the archer's score isn't considered, only their individual 3-arrow sets. The individual with the most points wins the match and advances.

Compound bows solve this issue.

what a tremendous faggot

Fuck you. ugh

Archery is redpilled.
Everyone should know how to fletch their own bow and arrows.

Another metric for the gas chambers.

Bows and arrows are sexist!

:^)

When reading through the set scores, remember that a winning set awards 2 points. A tie awards both archers with 1 point. The first archer to achieve 5 points wins.

You can observe the scores for a 3-arrow (6-arrow for team, 2 per archer) round (or end). For instance, in the Gold Medal match between the South Korean and Russian female teams, the match progressed like this:

Set 1
-KOR: 58 pts
-RUS: 49 pts
KOR wins 2 set points (2 total)

Set 2
-KOR: 55 pts
-RUS: 51 pts
KOR wins 2 set points (2 total)

Set 3
-KOR: 51 pts
-RUS: 51 pts
Tie. KOR and RUS win 1 set point. KOR achieves 5 set points and wins. RUS has 1 set point.

IF MEN AND WOMEN ARE EQUAL THEN WHY R ALL OLYMPIC GAMES GENDER SEGREGATED???????????????

Additionally, you'll often find that archers under-perform in set play. The head-to-head nature of the format introduces new strategy requires some extra mental fortitude.

Also, a correction: KOR would have 4 points total at the end of set 2. Canadian education isn't quite that bad.

once again people just because we make generalisations does not mean there are no exceptions

18th is actually pretty good. For example if you take sprinting most women wouldn't qualify at all.
And by most I would mean all if mini nations with no talent on either side didn't exist.

[Citation needed]

I should clarify once more. The minimum qualifying score is 630 for male competitors, 600 for female competitors. This is a score that the archer must have achieved at an officially ranked event at some time during the year leading up to the olympics, but not at the olympics itself. This is the minimum qualifying score for admission to the olympics.

The top 64 competitors in the olympic ranking round are used to determine their position in the tournament ladder. There could be strategy involved in trying to manipulate your ranking, but by in large it is advisable to score as high as you can. Often the top-ranking archers are paired with the lowest ranking archers. This helps to quickly weed out lower performing archers early so that the level of competition starts to narrow towards the end.

It's certainly a respectable placement. Both male and female archers compete at 70 meters, which is commonly approached with a bow poundage near or above 50lbs. Choi Si-Sun, the top scoring Korean female archer, has a draw eight of 42.7lbs.
worldarchery.org/athlete/14343/choi-misun

Consider the record breaking Kim Woo-Jin, the top scoring male archer from Korea. His draw weight is 46lbs, a small increase over his female counterpart.
worldarchery.org/athlete/8179/kim-woojin

But, as any archer would tell you, draw weight is not an indication of the absolute quality of an archer. Many barebow field archers will shoot high-poundage bows for flight competitions, but they won't have the precision needed to compete in, say, a low-level FITA 18-meter tournament.

I'm really more annoyed at the media trying to make the olympics into social justice bullshit, but I guess it happened at the last one too.

butterface