Can you just walk into a store, shake the hands with the owner and be hired that day?

Can you just walk into a store, shake the hands with the owner and be hired that day?

Aus, no only my parents got the pleasure of knowing what that feels like.

The boomers destroyed the world

Stop posting this everyday.

I used to think you couldn't, but then my tenant's boyfriend did just that and now I am really not sure.
He happened to walk in the door just as they were making the preparations to hire someone.

I can't imagine he knew someone working there, seeing as though he moved here from pretty far away and his girlfriend is a bit of a loser.

Damn that's lucky my dad helped me print out all these resumes every damn store just told me to apply online... HR really ruins jobs.

>just apply online.

That's sorta how things are these days. On the bright side you don't need to leave the house in order to apply for jobs.
I don't know how the labour market is in Australia, but companies here tend to be more positive towards students rather than NEETs applying for jobs.
At least then they know they're not complete layabouts.

It's very common for supermarkets to have 1 or 2 people on a fulltime contract, and a large group of 10hrs a week parttimers.
Lack of union demand for fulltime positions ruined low-skill service jobs, they're just informal supplemental incomes now.
But maybe it's better that way.

Maybe start your own thing, Oz? Like, sell sandwiches or lunch sets to folks on break

I've never been good at anything I've never had any special selection of skills I'm literally a failure damn it.

Thanks for your help maybe I will keep applying online in hopes I don't face rejection I try want an office job or in a warehouse where I don't have to directly face customers.

>working in a store
>pleasure

You're not good at anything because you make this thread hundreds of times repeatedly. Everytime I come to this board I see your damn thread.

>Thanks for your help maybe I will keep applying online in hopes I don't face rejection I try want an office job or in a warehouse where I don't have to directly face customers.
Could you get any benniebux from centrelink while you're searching for employment?

>He isn't friendly looking so he doesn't get nice old ladies talking to him all the time.
I've been a part-timer in a grocery store, and I've never had a negative experience with a costumer.
Weird? Sure, but never bad.

I've gotten four jobs in my life and never applied for one, so sure.

If you look better than their worst employee, you'll probably get a job.

Yeah I've been with centrelink for a while now under youth allowance but these temp agencies that say they'll help you find work are so useless.

I've never worked in retail or serving food to people because those jobs look shit. Not even just because customers can give you shit but the whole work itself is simply less comfortable compared to many other jobs where you sit at a desk all day on a computer for example

If you have literally no skills or experience, then ofc temp agencies are not going to do you much good.

Now, why don't you start studying something so that you can build a career from it.
It's only going to get harder for people without a college degree, and if you pick something like say nursing you will get sidejobs thrown at you within the first year of studying.

What are the best degrees to study at University I thought it was mostly good for STEM and I'm shit at Math.

>the whole work itself is simply less comfortable compared to many other jobs where you sit at a desk all day on a computer for example

This is true, I am studying for a deskjob and working on the side for extra income/making sure I don't have any loans.

No, but the only way to get a job is knowing someone. Online applications are resume black holes and data collection

sebastichan pell deg vekk

That's a good mindset but it's worth noting that you don't necessarily have to study for a desk job. Call centres are example of this. They're entry level like McDonald's but much more comfortable

University is such a big risk but I figure no one can truly move up in the work place without a degree but it's 3-4 years of your life and a lot of money when in 2015 the employment rate of university graduates was only 40% down from 52% in 2011.

Nursing is ok/good in Europe and very good in the US.
Pay in healthcare is shit if you don't have qualifications, but if you have some it can be ok.

Basic registered nurses earn like 65000AUD a year according to google.
Not great, but clearly middle class.

I've gotten jobs by applying online, but if it makes you sleep better then by all means.

I'd rather have a deskjob where I make 60-80 a year as opposed to 25-30, though.

Recently, I just walked into my current workplace and they told me "yeah, okay, we'll give you a shot", probably thinking they'd put me into some low level position or whatever. A few weeks after I started, the old guy who was training me for his area of responsibility got pissed off about something and quit. Now they don't have anyone who knows how to do that work better than me, and the company owner and several directors keep checking up on me and telling me what an exceptional situation this is and how they're counting on me to not fuck up. It's actually neat but a bit scary too.

Of course. You just have to look competent.

t. white, 6'4, and good looking :^)

If you study the right thing then your odds of employment will be a good bit higher than 40%. Someone with an engineering degree will find a job easier than someone with a communications degree

>I'd rather have a deskjob where I make 60-80 a year as opposed to 25-30, though
Of course, this is a given. I was talking in terms of stop gap jobs you might work when you're like 18 because you need money for rent though. If you're a graduate then there is no need to consider jobs in retail or call centres as you can land something better

No it's not.
As long as you study something remotely in demand you'll be much better off in the long term.
In regards to student loans, you don't have to pay until you hit the repayment threshold.

It's only in the US, where they hold a knife to your throat, that you have to worry about student loans.

I really want to do an Information Systems degree thanks for your advice.

>walk into store
>shake hands with the owner
>owner shakes your hand limply while giving you a weird look
>ask the owner for a job
>he tells you to apply online
>apply online
>no response

are you the vodaphone guy?

yes....

>put more and more barriers to employment (can't see officials, have to send cv through website, interviews)
>have to go through hoops to work even part time in retail or something
>baby boomers complain youngs don't work and spend their time on internet

>His country has a massive youth unemployment rate and large amounts of structural unemployment

Yet boomers still complain... hmmm