If you were a superhero, would you kill supervillains?

If you were a superhero, would you kill supervillains?

Is killing supervillains in my universe OK?

Depends if they keep escaping desu

I'd probably take a few out, sure. Though I'd try not to make it obvious, I don't really want that reputation. I just think that some people are too dangerous to live and if I can fix that then I probably should. The ones who can go through the legal system, they probably don't need to die.

Only if that was the only way to stop them frI'm killing someone else. But if I had powers I could probably stop them. I wouldn't kill my arch enemy ever though so I could at least have something to do

Not unless it's self-defense, or to prevent an immediate worse loss of life.

I don't think I'd ever go into an encounter with a supervillain with the intention of killing them, barring extraordinary circumstances.

It depends on the circumstances. Not generally, but I would not hesitate to kill a monster or a villain who is clearly going to kill people.

Isn't self defence a thing? Are soldiers attacked from a moral standpoint for killing people who are trying to kill them on a battlefield?

I'd definitely kill The Joker, though. On sight. If Bruce has a problem with that I'd have no problem reminding him and everyone present about all the shit he's done.

I would be the 3rd season of Arrow
I can keep them alive If I can If not to bad

Of course
What are they gonna do, stop me?

Depends on the severity of their crimes, their mental state and how often they break out of prison. If they are supervillain that's slightly bonkers, and only commit street level crimes like robbing banks, then incarceration then attempts at rehabilitation would be made. If they are doing stuff like sinking the entire continent of south america, and are incapable of understanding the weight of their consequences, then they may have to be killed.

I wouldnt set out to do it, like it wouldnt be part of my MO but i would if i needed to.

When someone's life is being threatened, sure.

but I wouldn't go around executing people

Depending on how powerful I am and how easy it become to get away with it, I may kill a lot of people.

Power corrupts, I don't know if I could take the temptation, especially if I was as powerful as Superman and could basically rule the world.

Certainly.

If only because I know what kind of person I am when I'm actually angry, and I'd imagine I'd be quite angry if I were a superhero.

'Depends a lot on how the world would react to me being a superhero, but I'd probably try not to kill them. I wouldn't have a strict no-killing rule or anything, but I'd just try to avoid it when possible.

No, unless they keep going too far.

Three strikes, let's say.

>Baseball themed superhero called "Three Strikes" who beats villains to death with a baseball bat the third time he encounters them committing a crime.

Only black ones

Probably so, if they're not publicly known. If no one even knows them, what's the point of having them around, or even keeping them alive?

If I was a 'superhero', there'd be a 99.9% chance I'd fuck up and become like Injustice Superman.

So yes. I would probably end up doing that. I have some severe temperamental issues that would probably flare up like crazy in a fight.

I mean, what's the point of having a villain in the first place if they're objective is to either get jailed/die?

I say kill them all, either man or woman or in bewtween

I'd bring them to justice and let the courts decide. If they OK it, I'd kill them in a heartbeat.

Any supervillain deserves to die, no matter what. Any criminals, like thugs or robbers, they just get to jail without any humane rights whatsoever. Treat them like dogs

Yazz

Depends on the individual, honestly. Some people are redeemable, and some people might have abilities too significant to not put to better use. Probably wouldn't outright kill women either, because I'm an old fashioned sort.

I'd use a strike system.

1st offense they get put away.

2nd offense I break something and put them away.

3rd offense they die.

i'd rather convince them to work with me and kill other super villains
Then all joined villains can help me control my city and spread to other city's till world domination
Oh boy what a hero i will be

It depends. More likely than not, no, I'd incapacitate them so that they could stand trial. But if they murder continuously, I'd execute them in a heartbeat.

I don't know about you, but raping a supervillain sounds much more threatening than murder.

I'd rape the villain if I were you. No seriously. Give it a try.

I actually have something similar to this in my comic.

Got inspired by Judge Dredd, IE a hero who follows the rules far more than personal discretion. So a young criminal committing three crimes would still be killed on the spot, as opposed to weighing the severity of the actions

Definitely. I wouldn't be the punisher, not every person who breaks the law deserves to die for it, but once you reach joker levels of nuts it becomes a sad necessity, IMO

Yes because not doing so is pretty much revolting. But that doesn't mean that all of them deserve to die, because some are not even (mass) murderers or pure evil.

>killing them means you're no better than them
Heroes by definition are those noble and capable enough to sacrifice themselves for the benefit of those who need them. It's every real hero's responsibility to make that sacrifice so badguy won't escape for the Xth time and kill even more people.

I usually don't look think too much of comics because if I did I'd hate heroes like Batman and Spider-man

Only if they have different political ideologies than me

No. Unless they kill kids. Then all bets are off

Depends on the crime. I'm not gonna murder a motherfucker who just robs grocery stores, but if this asshole is leading some crime syndicate, then yeah I'd try to kill them.

I wouldn't have a no-kill code if that's what you're asking, but it's not like killing would be my go-to solution for crooks. If there were a Joker or someone that needed to be dealt permanently but the proper authorities were incapable of it, that's someone who I'd kill.

Yes. I'd try to resolve matters entirely without bloodshed, but if I need to injure or kill a supervillain or plain crook to save a potential victim's life, I would.
If the Joker wants to pull improbable bank heists and put me in ineffective death traps, I'll clock him and make sure he gets arrested. "Recent" edgelord Joker dies as many times as is necessary.

No but I would beat the fuccing shit out of them for even a small offense a la comedian

I'm pro-death penalty. I would protest the government after catching bad guys to pressure them to gas the fucks. But I wouldn't kill them myself except on accident.

This. Gimmicky villains like classic Joker, Riddler, etc. are fine and wiill get a punch or two. Once you go full edgelord, all bets are off

I would read this.

Fund it

>live in the Philippines
>the shithole country where people inside the prison has a better lifestyle than people outside it
And you want to ask me what I'd do if supervillains started popping up?

The decent villains get ZAP POW and friendly banter, and the edgies get "I've fought this battle in my head a million times and you're already dead, ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!"

I would fight Monsters

Wow, so you're one of the faggots who voted for Duterte? Way to shit up your country, m8.

No, but I'd probably put them through a fate worse than death because I'm a pussy.

What are my supervillains like?

Are they Edgy McEdgemaster, killer of children?

Or do I have to deal with the Krazy Klown Koalition where the only thing that's really bad about them is that they don't like black people?

It's all about context.

I'd indiscriminately humiliate every single villain I encounter sexually so they'd never be taken serious again if they wanted to coast off some reputation, or eventually return as a reoccurring threat.
>if they try "playing it cool" as if they didn't get a raging hard-on from a super-powered trap, then everyone would think they were a faggot and laugh at them
>if they retaliate by upping their game, they'd obviously be compensating for their sexual hangups and the public would call them out on it
If worst-case-scenario comes to pass and they can't be conquered by mere psychological warfare alone, then sure. I would, reluctantly, rape them, if it'd mean saving the life (or lives) of other potential victims.

Now I'm trying to imagine what wacky yet racist antics the Krazy Klown Koalition would get up to
>burning balloon crosses on people's lawns
>banana cream pies that dye "go back to Africa" on people's faces

Yes. Because if I had powers I'd totally be an antihero getting paid by a branch of the government/private corporation to kill villains who pose a major threat to the country while forcing the small fry to pay me a protection fee to keep their "Businesses" up and running.

Probably not. If I kill once, I might get hunger for more kills, I'll become a villain before I know it

Only if they pose Doomsday-tier danger to earth. I wouldn't kill anyone robbing a bank or raping a girl or even planning to bomb a school. And even then only as a last resort.

yeah but really depends

>an entire page dedicated to two brothers of the Krazy Klown Koalition in full regalia (their white hoods have clown make-up) and they can't light the balloon cross because it keeps popping...

>or to prevent an immediate worse loss of life
The exact scenario that gave us Captain Murder.

I wouldn't kill anyone that wasn't a crazy mass murderer.

I wouldn't go out of my way to kill 'em, but if it's a choice between Commander Skullfucker and thousands of innocent people, Id snap that neck.

>Krazy Klowns pull up in a beat-up Chevy
>it takes a full hour for all of them to get out, all while the bystander they were planning to lynch watches in bewilderment

We need a drawfag, this is gold.

For irredeemable shitheads, no question, wouldn't even bother issuing a challenge before their head just goes flying. Other heroes or the public trying to call me out on it can kiss my ass.

The two-bit jackass gets a punch to the stomach or a mean stare, I'm still a hero, just one that wouldn't take shit.

I have an idea for a story based around a group of powered vigilanties that are unsanctioned by the government but powered enough that should the government try to stop them the vigilanties would come out on top.

Individually each vigilante is powerful but nowhere near JL level, but the story follows one bystander that ends up losing his family due to the negligence of a vigilante during a bank robbery, he eventually snaps an begins attacking the vigilanties 1 on 1 (not head on because he would get killed in minutes) but instead focuses on dirty tricks and underhanded means.

I got a few of the fights planned out the first few times he fails badly gets beaten up but eventually learns how to not fuck up the next time and slowly begins whittling down the vigilanties numbers specifically trying to draw out the one responsible for his families death.

Reading all of these post gives me a good feeling. If I was a civilian in your city, I could sleep safe at night knowing you guys are out cleaning up the streets and putting an end to people like the Joker.

Thank you heroes.

like many anons have said no, but depending on the circumstances i will, for example in order to save someone's or my own life if absolutely necessary, but irl there is no need for that as police forces are more competent and would not let these fuckers escape weekly, they might be used by goverments suicide squad-style tho

I would take the crime into account but sometimes accidents happen and even with Superman and Flash level powers I couldn't save every villain from an accident.

Absolutely

There should be no tolerance for some things. Immediate execution

>Their form of "lynching" is tying a person to the base of a tree with balloons and riding around them on unicycles and throwing cream pies and spraying selter while "Entry of the Gladiators" plays loudly

Depends on my power set and the class of villain. Snapping the neck of some low level thug is just a waste of time. Someone like Lex or The Joker might require a more heavy hand.

no. I would hunt down and kill anons who make these threads.

the world would thank me.

No, but I would kill immigrants, liberals, and anybody richer than me. Things that actually are ruining our world.

Hell, let's turn this one around a bit
If you were a supervillain, would you kill superheroes? Would you kill non-superheroes who got in your way?

>ywn get to dress as a racist clown and ride your unicycle up and down the by roads scaring carpetbaggers

If I was a superhero it would probably end badly t.b.h.

>government/spooks/army is certainly plotting your demise or some way to control you
>the ones from foreign countries are doing the same thing
>anything you do might be used as an excuse to put the anti-you plan in action
>the only way to ensure your survival is to pre-emptively terminate everyone with the capabilities to terminate you and install yourself in their place as Emperor Superman

>Are soldiers attacked from a moral standpoint for killing people who are trying to kill them on a battlefield
Yes, often.

>they try to hang a 300 pound black guy
>the horse refuses to carry him, so four Klowns have to hold him up
>they accidentally tie the other end to their leaders ankle and hoist him by accident

Is that Ozil?

Depend's, Is it a Villain like the Shocker or the Rouges who just want to rob stuff and not kill people? Nah, I'd let them go to jail. Someone like Osborn or the Joker yeah I would BACK IN THE 90's I WAS IN A VERY FAMOUS TV SHOWWW

No, it's not my place and I couldn't kill another person no matter what they'd done. I'd go right up to the line depending on A) how powerful I am and B) how powerful they are. If I'm vastly more powerful than them then I'd just restrain them and do as little damage as possible. If we're about the same level or they're more powerful than I am I'd fight them until they couldn't any more or to just within the point they could survive with no lasting injuries depending on what they'd done.

SHOCKEEEEERRRRRRR

Nope. A really GOOD villain always acknowledges the presence of super powered heroes and factors them into their plans, using them as a resource regardless of how the hero(s) feel about it.

Heroes are forced to work within a system and work even harder in dealing with the paranoia of the common person. Villains get to dodge this rule and it gives them a lot of leeway. Shitty villains don't bother to put in a bit more effort to make the best of what's going on around them.

I'd give em the ole 3 strike rule, and tell each villain first
"Hey just so you know, I'm putting you in jail. You escape 3 times and hurt anybody, I'm going to actually kill you"
If they're especially dangerous, like joker, they get one strike. Break out once, you're done

Go to bed Jim

yes. Every last one. The punisher is correct, all these "heroes" letting the career criminals off the hook? Fuck all of that.

Imagine the sheer number of criminals there would not be if Spiderman never went public but just assassinated the mid and high level crime bosses. He'd never get caught, they'd never even know he was there half the time. In. Zip web fluid down lungs. Outs. He'd be able to clean up half of Manhatten in a week.
All the street level villains would be neck broken within a couple of months and Peter Parker could afford to hang his shit up and live like a person in a year or two.
Hell, if DC hadn't played Superman the dumb way he could be the deterrent he claims to be in injustice just by silently crushing people. Same thing with the Flash. They'd be there erase the villain and be gone pretty much before the other guy had a chance to react. Word would get around that some fucker is offing guys just as they start shit and every body would know the jig is up, this business gets you dead immediately.
Martian Manhunter? Game goddamn over. If MM lived up to even half his name there wouldn't be a criminal left on planet earth. The lantern core would pull the fuck out, "jobs done boys, nothing to see here" Manhunter would keep the streets so clean you could take your 15 year old virgin daughter to a white castle in harlem, ass out, and everybody would be just fine.

>tfw I'm enough of a narcissist that I probably would keep my arch nemesis alive just to relish in the sordid complicated dance of our hatred
Gross, why am I like this?

Complete authoritarian fascism with 0 chance for rehabilitation or remorse? Good to know.

No, that would be boring, and end the game. I might kidnap a few people to get my point across to the hero(es), but the people held captive by me will be treated well. They just can't leave until I say otherwise. I would be like Zoom, but not a psycho dick, a dick yes, but one who really wants a world where people will rise up against evil and heroes that will improve greatly. Think of me as a coach; a moral motivator.

When the alternative is to do nothing or not enough? Yes. It is also evil to do nothing when you have the power to stop evil.

Let's have a for instance. You have all the powers of, say, the silver surfer. And say, just to make this easy for you, that you come across Zsasz. You wouldn't put him down? You'd let him live knowing that there is even a small chance he could get free and continue to do what he's done already?
What about killer croc? Or Green Goblin? or any of a couple of dozen villains with body counts longer than your arm?
You would let them live?

If you would then you have allowed your own feelings to mean more than the lives of the ones you condemn to be slaughtered. Which makes you a coward and little better than an accessory.
Your pity and remorse are some pretty bitter medicine for the families of the dead, and I would hope you at least had the decency to go to those people and tell them that you were the one who decided to let the villain live, to take a less definitive answer for your own sake.

If you wouldn't then all we're arguing is for the line, for the shades of grey. Haggling is boring for me, so I see no point to it. Make a judgment, then execute it.

It isn't even necessarily fascism. You need not act according to someone else's set of laws, only your own and let's be real here, that's what a hero is supposed to do, right as they see it because they have the strength to do it. That's part of the whole superhero fantasy.
As for rehabilitation, I'm not in favor of handing men who took second chances away from other people second chances.

Of course I would kill them.

The main argument to kill enemies is how incompetent the system is in your universe.
Arkham Asylum tier of keeping the inmates escaping? Yeah, I'd kill them.

Only if I know they murdered someone

Needs art

I wouldn't kill them, but that doesn't mean they'll be fine. I would take there sight and hearing.

>"Let me tell you one more secret. Records I found. Tests done."
>"You were going to have a baby girl-"
>"- and now you're going to have a baby girl and boy."
>"Go home, Wally. Go home and be a family man."

I'd read it.

No, depending on how bad they are I'd just amputate their arms and legs.

Lest we forget: Jason Todd's being trying that for years and he's accomplished literally fucking nothing.