Justify Nationalism (Please)

Just because I involuntarily was born in the geographic area, why should I support the identity and governance of this particular area?

How about you find out using a SEARCH ENGINE.

This.

Tired of people making shit threads. This sounds like OP is looking for arguments for a school paper.

You don't have to love our country. Have whatever opinions you want (while taking that privilege for granted). Just know that if you hate us so much you plan to kill, we will kill you back and then blame your mother

That like asking "just because i involuntarily was born into this body, why should I protect its existence?"

From objective point of view: if you have two nations, one that is nationalist and the other one that doesnt feel any cohesion and cooperation, which one will be more successful? Yeah... Nationalism is an advantage. You should want an advantage.

Respect for those that came before me.

no

LURK MORE

For selfish reasons then? (Not to imply that selfishness is always bad.)

/thread

Why should I respect them?

Have you ever noticed in your personal life that when having a conversation with a group of people, the quality of the conversation decreases as the size of the group increases? By analogy, the government of a state is more efficient the smaller the population and territory of the nation. In order to divide the world into small governments, it is beneficial for the people of the world to imagine themselves as being divided into nationalities.

That said, the reasons for nationalism are based not only on rational good sense, but also on human emotional attachment to tribal identity. Humans are genetically programmed to create these entities, and to favor kinsmen over foreigners. These emotional inclinations should be humored unless there is a very good reason to suppress them.

>why should I care about respecting my elders?
>damn kids, why don't they show me respect?

Could the analogy in paragraph 1 be enough of a justification to suppress the national entities that you present in paragraph 2.

If not, what about WWI?

Yes. There needs to be a balance between selfishness and openness. Too selfish and closed group of people cant cooperate with other groups and will perish against greater threats. Too open group of people will be devoured by a closed selfish parasite group.

Multiculturalism is the second case.

I don't have a problem with war.

>I don't have a problem with war.

Okie dokie!

Stop it! I don't want to be a republican! I do not want to be a republican!

Who are your friends? People completely different from you or people that have many things in common with you? A nation or community should be and until recent times with few exceptions has always been this way. One racial group, one religon, and one culture: pure nationalism.

Now you should believe in it because it provides identity and true unity. Compare that with the multitude of issues with multiculturalism where some groups aren't compatible with each other, difficult to criticize members of other groups, destroys unity and societal structure, and many other problems I will say more about upon request.

A nation isn't just a geographic area as explained above. Why should you support "humans" then? Just because some kike tells you that they are apart of some arbitrarily defined group, when in fact they are completely different?

WW1 was a war of greed manipulated by a troublesome minority in most countries involved.

Questions:

Therefore, America, for example, is currently too diverse to be a traditional nation, right?

Even races, cultures, religions can be divided into subcultures, sub-religions, and sub-races, where do you draw the boundaries?

Can a nation just be my group of friends?

A group of friends I met on the internet?

The boundaries are drawn "automatically". For example, the difference between Polish and Russians are way too big, so they won't join. There are also different groups of Polish - but those groups are not different enough *compared* to Polish-Russians, so they are joined.

If you removed the entire world except Poland, these groups wouldnt be united anymore. The differences are relative, therefore there isnt an absolute boundary.

You have no obligation to do so unless you think your government is doing the right thing.

You shouldn't. Nationality is about race.

Justify your faggotry, faggot.

-forgot to add

But you always have a sworn loyalty to your country because its part of your identity, Just like you have to be forever loyal to your parents.

Your country has shaped you and taken care of you just as much as your country.

You can be against your government but still love your country.

So I can choose my gender, but not my nationality?

(not saying that you believe this, but I'm sure plenty do)

You can't choose your gender, So i don't know how to answer that.

>Therefore, America, for example, is currently too diverse to be a traditional nation, right?

You would just need to allow individual states to have more power then Washington. Also destroy current main stream media and all that is left is to watch the flood gates open.

>Even races, cultures, religions can be divided into subcultures, sub-religions, and sub-races, where do you draw the boundaries?

That is a misconception, the more similar the better.