So how is Mussolini viewed in Italy today? Is he the ultimate evil, like Hitler is viewed in Germany?

So how is Mussolini viewed in Italy today? Is he the ultimate evil, like Hitler is viewed in Germany?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3mroUfQ6dg
news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1144&dat=19371020&id=mSkbAAAAIBAJ&sjid=JUwEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3684,1699069&hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=FZa6XA3eR1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=euec2SFFncQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He looks like Stephen Molmeme

Didnt he burn the national debt ?
Why would you hate someone like that ?

He made the trains run on time.

They probably see him as a bad guy but they still blame Hitler for enabling him.
I could be wrong though.

and broke the mafia, basically made sicily civilised.

I like him, my family likes him and my grandfather supported him. Nothing like Hitler. Mussolini promised to make the trains run on time and got the trains to run on time. Only thing he did wrong was dragging us into the war. Italy could be very powerful today if we were never involved in the war.

That's why y'all only fought in Africa, but you needed Hitler's protection

>Only thing he did wrong was dragging us into the war. Italy could be very powerful today if we were never involved in the war.

yeah, thats what it seems like to me. He also didnt enact any sort of autistic genocide either.

Neither did hitler

>Italy could be very powerful today if we were never involved in the war.

Ha, no. Italy is full of italians,

>unironically believing the holocaust didn't happen

Underrated post

Family came to Brazil when he lost it.
"An Italy without fascism is an Italy not worth living in." - says Grandpa.

>He also didnt enact any sort of autistic genocide either.
Well Hitler pressured him to enact racial laws and deport jews

First post, best post

>thinking Italian people give a fuck about anything

I was in Italy recently and the waiting time for a train ranged from 5 to 20 minutes after the supposed arrival time. Seriously, why is it so hard for you guys?

>y'all
fuck off nigger

He destroyed parts of Ancient Rome so he could have roads to his headquarters..

/thread

>HITLER DINDU NUFFIN!

Ooh, nice argument there, buddy. You should read a dictionary, it's a contraction just like "it's."

officially, you can't speak of him in a good way, the partisan culture is predominant in the media and in government; but, unlike germany, we didn't erase his memory from our history. there are a lot ofpeople thinking good of him, and you can buy memorabilia like mugs of him or hitler

And look at how good the German master race is doing today.

Race is important, but don't pretend that all of Europe isn't in serious shit.

>Mussolini promised to make the trains run on time and got the trains to run on time

Sounds like Italians don't require much to be convinced.

"welcome" plebbit

> Make me your dictator! I promise you paradise on earth.
> Nothing changes but trains run on time.

Bliss.

"I'd rather live among actual savages than see the Italian people falling for lies" - Grandpa

yeah but remember that italy is populated since eons. i live in a quite small city, but every time you dig, for basement f.e., you always find some ancient ruins, sometimes romans', sometimes medieval ones

kek

not at all. you can quite easily buy fascist books in various bookstores, and fascist building have the fascii and the year of fascist rule written on them. You can discuss Mussolini and fascism freely in Italy. I guess its because Italy switched sides in 1943 with the governement-side and partisans winning in 1945. so it doesnt really see itself as evil as Germany. You can do none of those things in Germany.

>He destroyed parts of Ancient Rome

was it actually cool ancient history stuff, or just some ancient shitting hole?

Family should not have left Alto Adige anyway, fuck this shit.

>morocco
>telling anyone else to "fuck off nigger"
user, I have some bad news...

Check it out. He paved a road over the old roman forum (trajans market etc) in the 30s. Archaeologists are still salty
Via dei fori imperiali

The funny thing about Mussolini is that his own propaganda survived until today, and a lot of people still fall for it. The way our whole recent history is narrated and treated is very fucked up, and this allows both opposite views (the hurrdurr Mussolini worse than Hitler and the Mussolini dindu nuffin wrong) to live on and be accepted, and this is kinda the norm: we're very used to both antifa mobs, and actual fascists praising Mussolini just like that.

I don't think this situation is ideal, but at least we're not in that pit of self loathing and denial that is German culture right now.

He destroyed medieval ghettos to unearth the Roman forum

So no one has a view of "Mussolini did some great things for Italy, but ultimately fucked things up" sort of view? Hes either the nicest guy you know or a twisted fucking psychopath?

No, there's a lot of grey area, and what you wrote is the sentence that your average fascist in denial will tell you to express his view without risking to be ostracized.

Is the modern opinion of Mussolini divided among socioeconomic/geographical lines?

I heard he fought the mafia.

>getting the italians to do something on time
The man was a god

S. Molineux ist ein jude
Is a (((chosen one)))

Mussolini was a moron who utterly failed to lead our country well: he dragged into the war and acted in such a moronic way that it can't be described.
His adventures in Greece and Russia cost us thousands of men for nothing, his failures are appalling (or better, the failure of his government).
I do like his nationalism and his pride, but admittedly he was a fool and the fact that he tried to run away in the final hours is exemplary of the man.
Inb4, I'm not a communist, I'm not a libtard,I'm not a kike but as someone who studied history for long time I can't really appreciate him.
For sure, our politicians have always been shitty and often historiography has been biased, but that doesn't disclaim the failures of Mussolini as a leader.

Mixed views. Partisanboo cowardly roaches hate him obviously, while some "white"-trash sometimes celebrate him a bit too much without considering his detrimental role in our involvement in the war.
The average Italian doesn't care much about politics anyway, it's mostly memes vs memes.

Hahahaha that sandnigger is funny hahaha has haaaa...wait.....ho shit

There are some zones where more people simpatize with Mussolini, and others where everyone is deeply antifa/partisan, but it's not easy to delineate with any general rule.

>and you can buy memorabilia like mugs of him or hitler

hahahhahaha i like it

You never had a civil war because Americans went in immediately and told you to sit your asses down and behave.

The situation is very different in Greece and Spain, and the Left and Right are more sharply divided politically.

Also Germany is a very different situation, they had teh whole racial thing which Fascist Italy mostly lacked, and is an element much more criticized today than nationalism

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3mroUfQ6dg
I'd say yes

Yes but greeks and italians are white like germanics

>Autistic genocide

>Also Germany is a very different situation, they had teh whole racial thing which Fascist Italy mostly lacked
That's what you think. It proves the point that a lot of people are very misinformed because of the way the fascist era was handled after its end.

>implying it was wrong to fight against the commies and degenerates

you should be proud of your past.

news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1144&dat=19371020&id=mSkbAAAAIBAJ&sjid=JUwEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3684,1699069&hl=en

southerners say y'all

hue

Apart from the "years of lead", I think Italy was very successful and had very little political instability if you substract the Aldo Moro thing.

Greece had to have another dictatorship all because of the Cold War. The Left only became more powerful after that and in our politics it's basically far left vs far right.

>I think Italy was very successful and had very little political instability if you substract the Aldo Moro thing.

Italy in the 70s was a complete mess, but funnily enough it was all orchestrated by our government. I must admit that in those decades our politicians had balls of steel. Just give a look at the Crisis of Sigonella: Italy stared the USA right in the eyes, and america stepped back.

mfw Italian Social Republic music is godlike

post em bros

youtube.com/watch?v=FZa6XA3eR1Q

I never understand why he was so hated when he did so much good

>forced education at a university level

he actually forced people to take the redpill
what more could pol ask for

he was forced into the war hitler said join me or be ruled so he took the course of action that would give him the most control. if anything the americans did more damage to italy than germany with their fake supply drops

Fascist party slogans (wikipedia);

>Il Duce! (The Leader!)
>Viva il Duce! (Long live the Leader!)
>Eja, eja, alalà! (Equivalent in English to Hip, hip, hooray!)
>Viva la morte (Long live death [sacrifice])
>Credere, obbedire, combattere ("Believe, obey, fight")
>Vincere e vinceremo! ("Win and we will win!")
>Libro e moschetto - fascista perfetto (Book and rifle - perfect Fascist)
>Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato (Everything in the State, nothing outside the >State, nothing against the State)
>Se avanzo, seguitemi. Se indietreggio, uccidetemi. Se muoio, vendicatemi (If I advance, follow me. If I retreat, kill >me. If I die, avenge me)
>Me ne frego (I don't give a damn)
>La libertà non è diritto è un dovere (Liberty is not a right it is a duty)
>Noi tireremo diritto (literally We will go straight or We shall go forward)
>La guerra è per l'uomo, come la maternità è per la donna (War is to man, as motherhood is to woman)

7 and 12 are my favourites.

Because they lost and fascism became synonymous with evil.

Look who's talking, Hicham.

When I was there on holiday I saw a store selling a t-shirt with him on it. It wasn't even mocking him. Can't imagine the Germans doing the same.

Failure as a leader, wasted money trying to make useful paper boots against warm winter in Russia, now has become a meme, he's granddaughter is a political woman who keeps saying 'he dindu nuffin wrong' . Now has become spaghetti meme.
Sorry for meatball englando, dux never wanted Italy to learn other lenguage

And burgers braugth back the mafia.

>Failure as a leader, wasted money trying to make useful paper boots against warm winter in Russia,
so he tried to fix the problem that caused HITLER to fail in russia?
>now has become a meme, he's granddaughter is a political woman who keeps saying 'he dindu nuffin wrong' .
he dindu nuffin he helped the country leaps and bounds

youtube.com/watch?v=euec2SFFncQ

The kick in this song makes me wet

The best thing is seeing the reactions of people who get told that before him, lots of land in italy was a swamp and italy as a state was seen just like "a piece of africa"; but again the decision to go to war was very bad indeed however if he didn't went we italians and especially him would have passed down in history as traitors more than meatshields

In this you are half wrong, it was the state that pardoned without distinction everyone who helped the americans and i think the state still have a list of the people who helped the americans, but of course refuse to make it public because right now it could make people realise that this government cares more about itself than its people, still, injustice

this

>MUH TRAINS

You tell me.

When you manage to be a third world country in virtually every conceivable way despite being European and white, trains being on time is a big achievement that apparently requires fascism.

Wish they didn't kill his woman though. The image of them both hanging makes me uncomfortable, but the fact that she was killed too makes it worse.

I just finished reading wikipedia's Sigonella article.

>mfw

kek, I guess that's why my dad commented that if Craxi was around he'd probably shoot down French and American jets when they began hunting down Gaddafi, the absolute madman

>When you manage to be a third world country in virtually every conceivable way

>World Health Organization Ranking; The World’s Health Systems

1 France
>2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan
11 Norway
12 Portugal
13 Monaco
14 Greece
15 Iceland
16 Luxembourg
17 Netherlands
18 United Kingdom
19 Ireland
20 Switzerland
21 Belgium
22 Colombia
23 Sweden
24 Cyprus
25 Germany
26 Saudi Arabia
27 United Arab Emirates
28 Israel
29 Morocco
30 Canada
31 Finland
32 Australia
33 Chile
34 Denmark
35 Dominica
36 Costa Rica
>37 USA

really makes you think huh?

Did Americans actually believe they are more first-world than Italy? Holy shit, that's funny considering that you are pretty much Mexico v2 at this point.

> Argentina

We are not stupid enough to believe that kind of things. American do though, even if half of your country looks more 3rd world than fucking Brazil. You have the biggest rape rate and you try to make fun of Italy, one of the best European countries. kek

>Spain,Italy,Poortugal and Greece before Germany
I call bullshit

>projecting this hard

>Something
Wew

>WHO
>Bullshit

Stop being so salty.

tfw those videos are unabled in my country

100%

we are more third world now that we where in the past , juanito