>XYZ university encourages it
ok son/daughter/wild beast, go ahead and take ONLY ONE GAP YEAR

>drugs
>melts brain
>never comes back to school
>doesn't even listen to parents anymore
>gets pregnant or impregnates another being
>doesn't work

but the plus side of this, is that the younger sibling will DEFINITELY STUDY, because he/she does not want to look like a train wreck as his/hers older sibling

I have seen this pattern so many times in many different people

I renember when Malia told that she was taking a Gap year, that was the first red flag

She going to lollapalosa and twerking was the second red flag

Now this... smoking pot? 3 red flags, there is no fucking coming back

she won't study and she will be a public embarrasment for her entire family

but her sister will do MUCH MUCH great than her

happens every fucking time

Never heard of a gap year but its reasonable. God forbid you have a gap in your resume. Youth should get time to enjoy being young before all the life if sucked out of them.

she worked hard for the money to buy that

>twerking

video?

There is literally nothing wrong with taking a year off to travel or whatever before college.

Plus if you travel the world, no one can call you ignorant when you're racist

>Tfw taking a gap year to train martial arts and travel the world in 2 months.

I took a gap year. I was doing badly at university, and decided to take a gap year and work. I figured if I could work hard and do well and get into a career, I would never go back. If it didn't work out, at least I had money some experience and would go back in.

It was the best decision in my life and I am entering graduate school in a STEM field now. I wouldn't have been able to graduate if I didn't gap year.
I also dont' do drugs or any degeneracy. I just work hard.

Gap years are for stupid rich girls, no one else can afford to take them or even wants to.

>doesn't go back to school
>will still be the first black female president in 10 years time

> I am entering graduate school in a STEM field now

What is that the equivalence of? when you are done do you then have a BA or a master?

I've never understood the American educational system; Bachelor - Master - PhD did you take a gap year inbetween bachelor and master or after college(?)

> travel world
> 2 months

So you actually mean, travel to a handful of countries.

Or you mean, travel to a fuckton of countries and spend so little time there that you could just have stayed home, shitting down the mountain of yours.

kys underage basement dweller

I took a gap year inside of the Bs degree. I will now be entering a PhD in Microbiology.
After the gap year I enrolled in a new university got perfect grades and applied into PhD programs and got in.

u retarded german cuck learn english

nigga im on a 7 year gap holla at chya boi

>took gap year
>took another one
>realise i'm going nowhere
>go to uni to study mathematics

my brother:
>went to college right away
>dropped out
>started something else
>dropped out
>now on his second year of doing fuckall smoking weed

> no punctuation
> no capitalization
> "learn english"

wut

I took 3 years off and classes start for me in 19 days lol ..Granted I didn't really have a lull in my education during those years, was learning about programming and mathematics.

It's a terrible idea. I would not let my child do it. It always ends in disaster.

>took a gap year, did literally nothing because I hated high school and didn't want to work
>started college
>dropped out after one month
>started working and gained some new interests
>starting college again next month

Some don't go back to school and work shit jobs or become stay at home moms, others go back later on in life after discovering being a waitress/receptionist/slut sucks.

But yes, taking a break usually doesn't work out well.

>german reading comprehension

Are you a white male?

You can take a gap year and recover if you aren't retarded. I didn't personally but I know people who did and are doing fine. However, they're studying easy things like history and kinesiology so maybe that's why.

>tfw took 4 gap years to be a useless junkie piece of shit all day erry day
>tfw cleaned my act up and returned to university
there's always exceptions I guess

I dropped out of HS because I became homeless during the last few months leading up to graduation. I feel like that was the best lesson I got and everyone should have a situation where there are little to no options where you need to pull yourself from the ground up.

With that being said I'm in my 30s now without a GED, and even so, I'm too old to be seen in a community college with highly unrelatable students.

I hope you're joking

Gap years can be good and can give students a much deserved rest or more time to work before they start any kind of higher education. plenty of people do it now before they go for their masters

I am, unfortunately.

4 year gap between undergraduate and medical school

>got married
>traveled for like 10 months total
>made a bunch of money

Bretty good

Depends on what you do with the time, many people take 6 months or a year off to do personal improvement and pursuit hobbies (which may or may not lead to monetary gains).

for 2 months =/ in 2 months

>give students a much deserved rest

fucking lel'd

if you can't take the pressure on your own education, then you don't have what its needed for the professional job market

unless you want to study art/feminis or some other useless degree

>Hey parents, I need to take a gap year
Why would they care? Are you still dependent on them after you graduate high school? That's pathetic tbqh.

A gap year sounds like a nice way of saying you're doing fuck all for a year.

I took a year off, and it worked out great.

>enter major fucking depression
>decide not to go back to college
>finally dump girlfriend of 4 years who was holding me back mentally
>cut ties with all my old friends
>help take care of dying uncle, stay with family while they work through it
>go talk to a therapist and work through some issues
>really re-evaluate what the fuck I want to do with my life
>reconnect with family I hadn't really gotten to know for years
>spend time doing absolutely nothing except smoking pot and thinking
>work through a major fucking depression
>drop a lot of bad habits, basically system reboot
>family doesn't pressure me or interfere or tell me to work, just lets me have time to process things
>decide to re-apply at a different school
>go back to college at a place I actually like and give a fuck about, start getting straight A's for the first time in a decade instead of being a shitty student, make new friends, start actually doing shit and living
>still going strong, near the top of my class
>still smoking pot, too

Sometimes a gap year does ya good. Not gonna say that NOBODY winds up like you said, but sometimes a year off is what people need.

i considered taking a gap year but then i remembered all i do with my spare time is work, shoot guns, and jerk off. the way i see it, may as well get that STEM degree now and make money at 6x the rate i currently am.