Just marathoned this and it blew me away. Really showed me just how fucking creatively bankrupt Hollywood is...

Just marathoned this and it blew me away. Really showed me just how fucking creatively bankrupt Hollywood is. Every movie Hollywood makes is now the same thing, with product placement, every scene you've seen a thousand times before, with the same old melodramatic cliches used ad infinitum.

I need to see more foreign kino. Please recommend good stuff. Scandinavian in particular if you've got any but all will do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hmPUAk4G3xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wq78hdCILaI
youtu.be/cB0xxj-IeIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=O73VVGcnLH4
youtube.com/watch?v=XzR87VBlaoo
youtube.com/watch?v=ssJbC2pNaCA
youtube.com/watch?v=lHpCgL4jZZU
youtube.com/watch?v=maV1ZYdAExw
youtube.com/watch?v=BtG9ZM-ZHnY
youtube.com/watch?v=i89oN8v7RdY
youtube.com/watch?v=tn0QI6AiOOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Scandinavian you say?

The Pusher Trilogy is the best Euro kino. It's Refn before he sold-out to America.

It's basically Snatch in Danish. Highly recommended by Sup Forums and by anyone with good taste.

>marathoned
>one movie
nigga wha?

There's a lot of Danish Mads kino

youtu.be/hmPUAk4G3xQ

He said good stuff, not something from the 1900's

Mads is in Pusher 1 and 2, totally forgot lel

protip: don't recommend this movie (or the movie Lamb) to normies if you don't want them to suspect you're secretly a bit of a pedophile/not trust you around their kids

I'm in need of a movie, is Valhalla Rising any good?

I thought it was mediocre and I loved The Hunt.

This isn't Reddit.

Ingmar Bergman isn't good?

Get the fuck out pleb

Evil (2003) Danish movie about a troubled teen going to a posh private school, similar to the vidya Bully.
youtube.com/watch?v=wq78hdCILaI

snatch is reddit-core. is this gonna be reddit-core in danish?

Lamb was terrible.

More Mads kino coming through. Should be fun to see what someone who doesn't speak Danish make out of this trailer.

youtu.be/cB0xxj-IeIQ

It's Swedish. Highly recommended for younger audiences.

Any of Lucas Moodysson's stuff

>Show Me Love
>Together
>Lilja 4-Ever
>We Are the Best!

Saw it at school a long time ago. Think we were around 13.

Only true kino has deeper meaning

>"Vinterberg: They were real cases from around the world. Most were about false memory syndrome and invented memories. The Hunt isn’t based on any individual case but it’s inspired by the ideas in them.The physiatrist’s idea was that thought, ideas, can be a virus. Once a certain idea about a person takes hold, it can spread like wildfire. Sometimes, the kids give the grown-ups the answers they want. They say, ‘yes, he abused me.’ Then everyone goes crazy and for the child, his whole world falls apart."

>"Vinterberg: I felt this set up allowed me to tell a bigger story — one about the loss of innocence in the Western world. When I grew up in the 1970s in a commune, everyone was naked and no one was abused. As a boy I could easily sit on a naked man’s lap and no one thought anything of it. Now for very good reasons, the world has become frozen by fear, angst and suspicion. That’s why the film starts off with a bunch of naked men jumping into a lake. It’s about family, togetherness and community. And then, throughout the film, this lake freezes over as the village begins to suspect, fear and persecute."

I really did like this, but hated how he never objected to any of the accusations. His girlfriend says something about it and tells her to just get the fuck out, not even to his best friend.

I watched this movie for the first time when I was 12 and I loved it so much I started teaching myself Swedish lol.

I don't speak Danish, but I'm guessing it's a classic story of family fighting over an inheritance?

Well, it wouldn't help.

An accusation like that is toxic, once it's been cast at you, everyone will only think you denying it is a lie.

vinterberg confirmed for pedophile

>As a boy I could easily sit on a naked man’s lap
It was a simpler time

The moral of the story is, never fucking associate with little kids in any manner. Especially if you're a man.

Detektiv Downs, one of the best things to have come out of Norway since rotten fish. youtube.com/watch?v=O73VVGcnLH4

and that women born naturally evil

No, it's a gritty crime story.

it was men who threw shit at him and likely men/a man who killed his dog.

snatch is pretty much a comedy though, can't see how you can compare the two.

all because of the lying evil girl

shut up roastie

Most kino is foreign, but you probably won't be able to enjoy most of it if you are knew to foreign films. Here are some films that got me interested in cinema when I was in high school.

youtube.com/watch?v=XzR87VBlaoo
youtube.com/watch?v=ssJbC2pNaCA
youtube.com/watch?v=lHpCgL4jZZU
youtube.com/watch?v=maV1ZYdAExw
youtube.com/watch?v=BtG9ZM-ZHnY
youtube.com/watch?v=i89oN8v7RdY

lol you fucking americans are so goddamn stupid. you think movies only exists in hollywood? how can you be so stupid?

fucking murricans.

Please be trolling. No one could possibly be so pretensious.

Im not posting any Bresson movies. Except for La Dolce Vita, these are all easily enjoyable foreign films

Crime story. Hard to compare Pusher to anything desu, Snatch was all I could think of

>When I grew up in the 1970s in a commune, everyone was naked and no one was abused. As a boy I could easily sit on a naked man’s lap and no one thought anything of it.
The thought of nudist hippies disgusts me and no kid should sit on any nude stranger's lap. Still, the pedo and homosex paranoia is widespread and keeps men from bonding in a meaningful way. Now the only intimacy and true bonds men are allowed to have is with women who will never truly appreciate and understand them.

>brainlet who can't even spell pretentious using big words

Fear Eats the Soul looks kinda interesting desu. what's that one about?

>pretensious
trolling is a art

All this film shows is that women ruin everything

I was just providing a counterpoint, fella.

this

i know you retards mean it as "saw it in a single sitting", but thats an odd thing to feel the need to specify, especially on this board

Its a love story about some race-mixing kraut. its on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=tn0QI6AiOOE
I dont think its that good, but I dont like German films.

>Really showed me just how fucking creatively bankrupt Hollywood is. Every movie Hollywood makes is now the same thing

You're in for a surprise if you're only know discovering Euro cinema.
Because it too is all the fucking same.

>a art

Just marathoned 2 blocks.

>marathoned
It's a movie, not a tv show you cunt.

>Because it too is all the fucking same.
That's what I was afraid of. At least it will be something new for now.

So far I've also seen Let The Right One In, The Orphanage, The Sea Inside. I guess you have a point but I still think they feel a lot more real and human than Hollywood movies do and don't patronise the audience in the same way. Sea Inside was very cliched though. Hell so was Orphanage, kek. But still they were different. Nice to see new textures and cultures at the very least.

>I need to see more foreign kino
Are you saying up until now, you've avoided foreign films? How much of a pleb can you be?

yeah i know, can't really think of something similar off the top of my head either, just felt that snatch was on a completely opposite spectrum tone-wise.
on an off-note as a central european slav growing up around bad folks in the city capital, i went into this expecting a slice of 90's copenhagen and got a carbon copy of early 00's bratislava. the culture, the characters all felt like a big deja vu. hell we even switched from crowns to euros as well.

I've seen some shit I just don't remember, like Banlieue 13 and The Raid lol (no but srs some other stuff too). Wasn't intentionally avoiding it just never really came across it. Also seen quite a bit of Bollywood lol

it's a meme you dips

lol get memed on newcucks

Here's a foreign kino. If I could describe it you know when you're watching an alternative movie channel or AS and their bumpers have old, movie scenes with crazy shit like Italian Spider Man? It's basically that.

>i know you retards mean it as "saw it in a single sitting"
Wrong; sometimes I marathon the first 10 or so minutes of a film then post about it on Sup Forums.

>sometimes I marathon the first 10 or so minutes of a film then post about it on Sup Forums.

Its the closest to an acid trip any movie has ever gotten for me.
I thought it was very good.

-Headhunters

-A prophet

-That obscure object of desire

-Le ceremonie

>it's a meme you dip
I love this meme

Really nigga? I love this movie, but it doesn't seem that groundbreaking in terms of creativity or storytelling.
Do you only watch capeshit?

It started off cool but halfway through got stuck in its own ass.

what is it with european directors growing up in nudist communities
is it the explanation for why they turn into hacks when they get older?

you marathoned a movie? what kind of autistic shit is this go back feddit and lurk mas puto

Seriously, are you new here?

>true bonds men are allowed to have is with women

So you cant make true bonds unless youre naked around your mates?

Son, I have some news for you..

i watched through all of the first pusher and found it very boring. i had to stop in the middle of pusher 2.
mads is one of my favorite actors but even he couldnt redeem it for me. am i missing something?

does he have teh downs?

what said
if he had denied it outright people would have taken that as a sign of his guilt.

>the only american films are the ones I cherrypicked and Sup Forums discuss
>all foreign films are as good as the hunt

damn... really makes me think

great post really, finally an objectively correct interpretation of op's blabber. i bet your grandpa cracked the enigma code huh.

While this is sort of funny, The Green Butchers is better. Flickering Lights and Adam's Apples are too.

Yes.

>quoting the entire post

Headhunters
It's A good euro action flick

Fantastic unless you're a pleb

Seriously its the best pleb filter movie I've ever seen. Its extremely slow and moody and somewhat confusing but also gorgeous and has an interesting allegory if you're not retarded enough to miss it.

this