What can you tell me about Colombia? Is it getting better? What do you think about its current president?

What can you tell me about Colombia? Is it getting better? What do you think about its current president?

shithole

>What do you think about its current president?

mediocre president but a lot of people hate him and think he was worst president (his presidency finnish on august) because he's from oligarch family and very uncarismatic.

+economy kept on growing during his presidency, poverty rate and unemployment kept declining moderately
+lower homicide rate year after year
+peace deal with Farc (more peaceful country, foreign tourism growing fast, etc)

-no serious attempts at diversifying economy/exports
-productivity stagnated
-education improving but very slowly
-healthcare system still needs huge reform, so does taxation system

the country is also becoming more and more aware about corruption and the measures need to face it.

We have elections this year. THings have been improving but I hope they don't go down the sink with the next president

> Flag

this looks quite impressive
>he also attended the London School of Economics, graduating with a Master of Science in Economic Development in 1975.[12] He then attended the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, graduating with a Master of Public Administration in 1981
do you think you can elect some left populist? Or Venezuela's experience won't let that happened?

the next president most likely will be either Sergio Fajardo (center, linked to the Green Party, education and anticorruption ideas), Germán Vargas Lleras (center-right, oligarch family, his uncle Lleras Restrepo was president of the country in the late 60s) or Iván Duque (young dude from former president Uribe's party).

there are a few left candidates and the one with better chances is Gustavo Petro (ex M19 guerrilla leader, former mayor of Bogota). He is second/third at several polls, but has no votes outside of the left (which makes for like 20% of the country's electorate) and he's also not very charismatic (unlike Correa in Ecuador or Chávez in Venezuela) and a lot of people hate him.

do colombians like amerifats

The situation in venezuela has affected so much for the majority of the population to realize that we on'twat to go down the same path, so most likely we will elect a center or center-right wing politician. The one with the most chances is actually Vargas Lleras (center) or Ivan Duque (center-right). Personally I think Vargas Lleras could be the best option among all the shitty options we are being offered. He isn't the most ideal candidate though
Fajardo doesn't stand a chance to be honest

If you're cool, sure, why not?

This is the other option we have. He would be like a Trump for Colombia. Btw there are rumors that Russia wants to meddle in our elections. Pls don't do that shit

>His presidency is Finnish

OH NONO. Pretty sure he meant "finishes in"

Is there actual peace with FARC or is it “peace” where all their politicians are “randomly” murdered?

>Fajardo doesn't stand a chance to be honest
yes he does, he leads on most polls and, most likely, it there is an alliance between pro-peace deal candidates (De la Calle, the left ones) he will be their leader.

>He would be like a Trump for Colombia.

what does he has to do with Trump?

95% of Farc members demobilised so, yes.

There are ongoing peace talks with ELN but it's very difficult, they are hardcore commies and the situation in Venezuela helps them a lot, they basically have their headquarters across the border.

I hope not, he is really weak handed when it comes to literally everything. Maybe our investment ineducation would increase with him, but it's a bad trade-off to make
> where all their politicians are “randomly” murdered?
This happend back inthe day with the "union patritioca" commie political party. This time around they have a strong security team, so I don't think it'll be an issue

is it true you guys can grow weed now?

>what does he has to do with Trump?
It's just an analogy. Duque or Ordoñez winning would be similar to what happened in the US with trump. Centro democratico is like our Republican Party

Colombians don't like commies too? Brazilians do, for some reasons.

growing for personal consumption , yes I believe. Medicinal weed was legalized a while ago too or is about to be legalized I don't remember exactly

Ordóñez has much less chances than Duque or Ramírez to be the candidate of Uribe/Pastrana coalition.

hoyo caca

>Colombians don't like commies too?
No,because the left here took the insurgency route for the most art of the xx century, so the average joe associates anything left related with terrorism

What does FARC and its supporters say about the situation in Venezuela right now?

You seem more sensible for change than us. We're probably going to be stuck with other 20 years of status quo

Sounds fascinating owo

The avoid that topic for the most part

I just care about the fine as hell pussy & boypussy there. Only problem is finding safe areas in Medellin & Bogota for Tourist’s to find some.
Ayyy Trapwars.

Medellin = Poblado
Bogota = Rosales, Chicó Navarra, Santa Barbara are nice areas
Venezuela getting its shit together would be huge for us. Our trade with them is almost non existent as they consider us their enemies. We'd grow so fucking much if they manage to recover

Gracias.

>I hope they don't go down the sink

Neighbors

>not very charismatic (unlike Correa in Ecuador or Chávez in Venezuela)
Honest question, Was Chávez really charismatic? I have seen many say that being so helped him to stay in power but when I watch his speeches I just don't feel any simpaty, not Even when Venezuela was doing well...

What's the general opinion on Venezuelan refugees in Colombia?
Sympathetic or are some turning hostile?

the vast majoroity are ok, but some of them especially those who settle in cities and towns close to the border have contributed to an increase in petty crime. Also some friends have told me that some of them are joining bitcoin trade groups on FB, arrange meeting to "buy" bitcoin and then rob the seller at gunpoint. In general, I'd say only like 5% of them are bad, the rest are just average or good workers. Our governemtn is doing an effort to deport the illegal ones, on tuesday they deported 640 who were camping at a public football field in the border city of Cucuta. Yet again, this is only a small minority

Cool, thx.

>have contributed to an increase in petty crime
the same thing with south americans in Spain and their latin bands

Tfw hot Venezuelan refugee gf

How was a fucking bus driver allowed to take over Venezuela? Was he just riding on Chávez’s popularity?