Well this was unexpectedly really fucking good. Anyone have recs for comfy animated kino?

Well this was unexpectedly really fucking good. Anyone have recs for comfy animated kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HF_bKm8vXq8
youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U
soundcloud.com/theflamelord/sets/for-sara
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ghibli movies have a very similar feel to that, particularly Spirited Away. But yeah OTGW was fucking amazing and is incredibly underrated.

Gravity Falls

Also this

Captain future it's a series I rarely hear mentioned and it has this same feeling of adventure and sadness.

Holy crapola, are you me, OP? I've been shilling this repeatedly for the past few weeks on this board. What a great little gem of a series. No time to post in-depth about the whys and wherefores but please continue to make threads about OtGW every day if you can and I'll def chime in with support and maybe a few detailed knowledge bombs.

Ernest & Celestine
Mushishi

I find Alice in Wonderland yo have the same feel but I guess everyone already watched that

watched the first episode. It was visually stunning, but I couldn't stand the "quirky" and retarded characters

Huh. You might want to give it another shot. In my opinion, all the initial perceived quirkiness of the characters is revealed to be psychological coping mechanisms of complex characters wandering through an allegorical landscape of all the deep questions in life. I've seen almost everything, and this show is a gem.

They're supposed to be 13 years old social retards.

song of the sea

When it first came out I put it on my list to watch but could never find a place to watch it.

I was starting to suspect it went over my head. I guess I also was put off by the first sign of retarded quirkiness because of CN's reputation. I'll try again
loved this movie, and Book of Kells too by the same studio

Yeah it did go over your head. Damn right you'll try again. Watch it right now.

It's very short, even if you end up hating it you won't have wasted much time and then every time you see a thread you can tell us all how you feel.

I haven't found a series like it, MAYBE Steven Universe? That can be comfy.

Yeah, Steven Universe is pretty frickin close.

The kid acting retarded at times is normal enough for a kids show, I didn't think the older brother was too bad, he was actually kind of funny at times with how bland he really was, along the lines of Stan/Kyle from South Park.

I remember binging Gravity Falls and realizing in the last episode that I was actually watching the last episode. So short, so good. SO SHORT. :(((((

Paranoia agent.
Baccano.
Some anime that are different from the usual stuff.

Kaiba

How did they not get sued for literally copy and pasting Dipper into this? Or was it made by the same guy and he's a hack that can only make one character?

They aren't similar in terms of content or atmosphere but Watership Down and The Plague Dogs are both "unique" and somewhat unusual animated movies that look nice.

For something closer to OtGW probably Miyazaki movies.

user please stop. Please stop being a hater.

I'm glad there's a thread on this work of art. It's similar to Ghibli and Gravity Falls in some ways. But very unique.

>there will never be kino like this

Here's your reply.

I'm seconding both Paranoia Agent and Kaiba and posting this music because I think it's dope.

youtube.com/watch?v=HF_bKm8vXq8

That whole harvest episode was fucking spooky

Reminder that Paranoia Agent's opening is the oldest anime video on youtube and was posted on there while it was still airing on adult swim

youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U

Harvey Beaks. It's ending soon.

gonna try to get it deleted

woah look out world

Too bad that song only appears in one episode for a short time.

Hated that show. Dumb fucking jap 'so deep our culture huh guys' bullshit.

>Dumb fucking jap 'so deep our culture huh guys' bullshit.
but the show is literally about memes.

so are you

Yeah, and you and everybody else.

and also you

What did he mean by this?

Every Moomin episode ever

Here OP

soundcloud.com/theflamelord/sets/for-sara

Bretty good show. I think its the best thing CN has shit out in recent years. They have a few released comics that connect the show a bit better too if anyone wants to give them a try.

Tbh that quirkiness is bad in the first episode but it's only an issue in that episode.

pic related

First chapter fills in parts between the school and the tavern. Second fills in between the tavern and the tea guy I think. Might be worth the read.

The film secret of nimh is the greatest animated movie created. Both style and story.

Neko Jiru Sou