Ultimate DC

Funny to look back on ideas of an Ultimate DC from 2002

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7k-IOUIBZS4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All of these costumes are horrible.

These aren't "Ultimate" enough. Needs MORE edginess and pointless changes. It needs something as crazy as the Maximoff Twins' incest to be an Ultimate universe.
Also it's interesting how all their first villains start out as someone close to them.

The axe is hilarious to me, literally just Ultimate Thor

Everything but Lex Luthor here is the Nolan Batman

>Barbara engaged to Dent
what

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Let's not forget that this was from 2002, long before the Ultimate Universe spiraled so badly out of control that Marvel had no choice but to kill it.

Isn't this one of the things Lex does in 52?

Superman and Green Arrow are the only passable one. I mean for fucks sake
all that tacticool extra layering
>barely any difference to the logo and green parts of outfit
>that head area
T-shaped crown
THAT EVERYTHING

why is aquaman a teen titan

Other than the retarded mask I would've been fine with this as the DCEU Flash costume.

They really spoil the dead guardians reveal

That's all so awful

Ultimate universe was actually pretty quality until Ultimates 3. Then it all went downhill.

Alright, to they covered

>Batman
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>Flash
>Green Lantern
>Martian Manhunter
>Atom
>Despero
>Robin
>Aquaman
>Cyborg.
>Raven
>Green Arrow
>Power Girl

Pitch more Ultimate DC characters, Sup Forums.

>>Power Girl

Have Captain Marvel be literally Prime from the Ultraverse.

is that Raven's belly button, butt crack or vagina?

Supergirl is General Zod's daughter who discovered Jor-El's plans to rocket his son to Earth so she goes too or something idk. She's pissed that Jor-El put Zod and his posse into the Phantom Zone so she wants to Kal-El and kill him or raise him herself who knows. Unfortunately, she gets knocked off course and when she arrives on Earth he's experienced and the same age she is so she decides to try to seduce him and I'm bored with this

Actually Supergirl is just the Zod in this universe. Kara-Zod.

You know what would be cool? For the universe to feel lived in.

Like Humans have known for years about ancient abandoned Martian cities but like our world haven't managed to reach them yet. How would that change perceptions? Would it just be a thing, part of the everyday? Would religious movements spring up from it. Weird 90's suicide cults

or what if humanity only discovered Atlantis with the advent of Radar, first official contact only happening after world war 2. Aquaman is a royal in exile because the cold war came a knocking just like it did the rest of the planet and a communist revolution took place in the 60's/70's.

The the shit I wanna see. Comics being our world with just the slightest change in perception

This design is bad it's kinda great
Ew. Reminds me of Frank's TDKRverse Diana.

Those stories exist user, you don't need DC to do them.

yeah but I want them happening at the same time and with DC. Because I am trash

It predates Nolan's Batman..

I know I was merely stating the similarity not which came first.

Very Edgecore stuff incoming
>Bizarro
A decendant of krypton who landed in a rebel infested African nation. Though he's invincible, the Rebels tourture and treat him as a weapon of war (though many of his powers are yet to be unlocked). Lex Luther catches wind of this through his many sources, than plans on adopting and raising the Kryptonian to be raised with a sence of judgement as opposed to doing the right thing
(Biz-Ar-O's face is all scarred from machete cuts and what have you)
>Joker
Is an immortal zombie dude, sorta like how he was portrayed in Endgame.

I dig this

good lord this is almost so bad it loops back around to good, but not quite

who thought that Robin costume was a good idea

Lmao, I think I only ever had less than 5 issues of Wizard ever, but this was one of them! .... they're all far far worse than i remember

Jesus christ

>in b4 black Gordon wtf sjw blah blah

>TT Aquaman

Whoever wrote this. Wherever you are.

Go FUCK yourself

I think it's her hip bone.

Billy Batson is just a normal kid who has fallen on rough times. Bouncing from orphanage to orphanage, he has had to adapt to living on the edge. He's got street smarts and knows when to use them. Despite his bad life, he is not a bad person. He is a good person, just with all the vices that haunt everyone.
The God, Zeus, sees potential in Billy and grants him the power to transform into a man with the wisdom of Solomon, strength of Hercules, stamina of Atlas, Power of Zeus, courage of Achilles, and speed of Mercury when he shouts the word SHAZAM. Billy is glad to have these new powers, but as a kid he has the idea to take advantage of them, do all the things kids swear they'll do when they're adults. Get hot girls, drink, drive, do whatever he wants. He's not really harming anybody, just being immature and irresponsible. That will change, though, when Zeus and the rest of the gods disapprove of his actions and send their last "Prodigy" from the past, Black Adam, to put a stop to Billy's shenanigans. Black Adam is a loose cannon too though, and begins causing havoc, and Billy is the only one who can stop him, but first he has to learn how to overcome his vices and be the bigger person. Figuratively.

Batman's is good.

Easy, just take something about their original character and run with the tabloid version of it.

Close siblings become incestuous sibling.

Slapping your wife once becomes years of brutal domestic abuse that at one point her in the hospital.

Having values from the past becomes being a conservative jerk.

Being a violent giant becomes becoming a rapist cannibal giant.

Throw in some topical references and you're golden.

>Ultimate Shazam
Basically do what Flashpoint did, and instead make Shazam more Ayy Lmao like. Maybe tie in either Green Lantern or Wonder woman into Shazam's backstory, and make the transformation unstable.

>Deadman
Boston Brand is an escape artist who performs in Day of the Dead style make-up; Brand is world famous for his show "Boston Brand Is A Dead Man".
Brand would later be assassinated mid-performance by a member of a new age cult led by a woman calling herself Rama Kushna. To Brand's surprise his soul is brought before a being calling itself the Spectre and given the opportunity to bring his killer to justice.
The Spectre gives Brand a red shroud and returns his spirit to the realm of the living as Deadman.

>Being a violent giant becomes becoming a rapist cannibal giant.

This was great though, for once the reaction to the Hulk actually made sense.

Imagine a more Criss Angel version of Boston Brand when you read this to make it more "Ultimate".

Lets try this with DC then
>afraid his own powers or enemies could hurt loved ones or kill adversaries >>> beats his loved ones regularly and applies laser lobotomies on criminals, makes sure nothing could hurt the loved ones again

>is an amazon >>> becomes a blood thirsty killer who lusts for war

>is kinda dumb >>> gets tricked into killing old friends and partners by a villain

>is optimistic and avoids problems >>> ignores the evils your former team is performing and being on board

>doesnt play with others >>> refuses to accept help taking down your former friends

Wait, isn't this just Injustice?

Who pitched all this garbage? Millar or editors?

Are you saying that the military opposing a giant unstoppable monster attacking anyone in it's path is unreasonable?

Wizard magazine lmao. They were just doing a "what-if" thing. It wasn't actually from DC.

>so she decides to try to seduce him
God fucking dammit, now I want this.
Its a shame than that will never happen

>The Suicide Squad
It's a hushed whisper that scares even the hardest supercriminal. The stories always start the same, a phone call in the middle of the night, a woman on the other line, older, says her name is Amanda and that she's "high up". That she knows everything about them, their abilities, their rap sheets, even their browser history. She tells them about the nano machines, what they can do to your insides, that you really need to pay better attention to what you eat. Then she tells them the deal, they do one small task for her and she disarms the nano machines and expunges their criminal records. Not bad? Except the part where they have to do it in 24 hours and these are no normal tasks, you have a better chance at survival just waiting it out and testing your luck with the nanomachines than you do actually surviving and completing your task. But then again nobody ever waits it out?

Basically I'd reimagine the concept into a cross between Crank and 100 Bullets where each arc follows a different supervillian that has to preform an impossible task within 24 hours, most of the time failing with the occasional survivor. There will also be an ongoing meta arc about the mystery of Amanda Waller.

Hot damn, this sounds pretty cool. I'd read it.

>Damien Wayne (as opposed to Damian)
The bastard son of Thalia and Bruce. Damien trains for years to destroy the man who had abandoned the woman he thought was killed by the hands if her father, Ra's. Becoming as mythic as Batman himself, Damien trains himself as a mercenary for hire. Eventually discovering and killing Ra's, he learns that billionare Bruce Wayne is his father. In order to maintain a low profile Damien creates an alter ego soon to be whispered throughoyt not only Gotham, but the world; "Bane"

Fantastic.

If I was going to do some kind of DC 'Ultimate' universe, I'd want to get really experimental with my character reimaginings, if only for the sake of a change of pace. Something like this, for example, would be 'my' Superman.

>Kal-El is a kind and noble alien scientist who escaped the destruction of his home planet on a rocket ship made by his late father, Jor-El. Crash landing in Kansas, his wrecked ship is discovered by two friendly natives who drag him out of the debris and save his life. While being nursed back to health by the natives (a couple named Jonathan and Martha Kent), Kal-El discovers that the yellow sun radiation coming from the planet's nearest star interacts with his Kryptonian biology in a way that grants him amazing powers. The last of his kind, Kal-El decides to become the guardian of his new home as Superman.

Is it something rather different from the source material? You bet. Is it so different that this character is completely unrecognizable as Superman? I hope not. What do you guys think? I can try more characters if you guys want me to.

>Jay Garrick, mentor, fellow detective
DCEU Flash move then

damn, some of the anons pitching hypotetic ultimate dc stories should actually write for dc or marvel

>How do we copy Marvel's Ultimate?
>Make Gordon a nigger like they did with Nick Fury
>Good idea!

>The Metal Women

Will Magnus, despite being one of the most brilliant minds on Earth, is an anti-social teenage nerd. Inspired by the Justice League and fueled by his sexual frustration, Magnus decides to create his own superhero team in order to gain prestige and pussy.

Through thorough testing of metals, Magnus quickly discovers that certain elements can become highly chaotic, being able to shape themselves at will. This could be powerful in the right hands, but ultimately the metal is inert without a human mind to control it. Magnus manages to steal away six different women by drugging or kidnapping them, surgically remove their brains, and copy their brainwaves into specialized AIs.

Gold. Tin. Mercury. Lead. Iron. Platinum. By day, they are his lab assistants and personal harem. By night, they are his personalized fighting force. While many may not agree with Magnus's methods, they are in no position to stop him.

This is actually amazing!
Got one one the Green LanternCorp?

Pretty good twist

Funny didn't DC get an ultimate universe which was filled with marvel archetypes who all died

They did try with All Star at first. The first being Superman and Batman which were supposed to be updated origins in a separate continuity.

Morrison sorta went off book and made All Star Supes while Miller made All Star Bats and Robin which ended up killing the line before it started really.

All Star Wonder Woman was in limbo until they finally put it out ass Earth One Wonder Woman in a trade recently

Maybe I don't get it, but it just seems like Superman's normal origin, but with him being older.

>that John Blade looking Cyborg
youtube.com/watch?v=7k-IOUIBZS4

>The Question
Determined that journalism and justice are dead in America or possibly having mid-life crisis in the face of his fourth divorce. Fired newspaper reporter Vic Sage decides to devote his life to helping the little guy and answering the questiond that need to be asked. Sage will do this by using a website that broadcasts his exploits 24/7 and allows users to send in questions for him to answer and dawning a blank face mask to shed his identity in the pursuit of delivering people the truth. There is no Vic Sage, despite what the divorce court documents might say... there is only the Question that needs to be answered.

Tl;dr: Basically a cross between Network and Falling Down but with a blank face mask thrown in.

>Adding to my Joker
>might be reaching
An enigmatic figure who long ago had been granted immortality by a one of the last remaining new gods Desaad, and a miscalculation of the Anti-Life equation. Having gone insane through the encounter (think Lovecraft), he roams the world forever longing for someone to understand all he knows about these beings and the power they posses.
Not to sure if i'm straying to far into awful territory.

I've frequently pondered how to change the Green Lanterns without making them unrecognizable. Then I thought about Clarke's Third Law. The rest kinda fell into place.

>The Green Lanterns are an interplanetary coven of wizards and will-workers, a mysterious organization that protects sectors under their dominion using their magical rings. Arcane devices empowered by the will of their users, these rings can grant great magical powers to those who have the will to control them. The Green Lanterns are a dark and secretive group, so one visiting your planet at all is almost always a bad omen.

Being older means he was already raised into Kryptonian society and culture, and has trouble adjusting to Earth's radically different ways. Contemporary Earth is at a much lower tech-base/general intelligence level than Krypton was before exploding, so Kal often gets frustrated when he has to 'talk down to the dumb Earthlings' in order to get a point across. Some people who pick up on that think he's just a stuck up asshole, not knowing that he tries his hardest not to get lose his temper and accidentally break the little glass people he's promised to save.

When the city life has him down, Kal visits the Kents to do some superhuman farm work for them. It calms his nerves and makes them feel like they have a son again. The other one never came back from the war.

Love to see Blue Beetle as the complete opposite of this.

Todd Kord. A young, super scientist, tech-Billonare. His father being the former Blue Beetle, he only sees it right to help fund less fortunate vigilantes in there quest for peace. Except for the Question. His methods are to radical and he fears that his paranoia will get the better of him one day.

Kinda curious now how you'd write Superman's opposites, like Lex and Bruce

Ohh, okay. With that in mind, I actually really dig this Superman.

It's funny you mention that, cause my idea for Question was originally gonna be for Booster Gold. A guy from a mysterious background basically uses social media, future technology, and branding to become a superhero. With the twist being that the corporate stuff is a holdover from the future he's from which is like Wall-E/Idiocracy tier in terms of commercialization so he sees it as normal. I really like that idea for Blue Beetle, hell almost make him like a grown up Richie Rich and you could make the vigilantes he funds be the Charlton heroes with exceptions like Captain Atom or the Question.

>The Creeper
Artist Jack Ryder has fucked up, he doesn't know how or why but he thinks the comic book character he created is responsible for that string of vigilante-style killings of criminals. That has to be it right? That still doesn't explain the blackouts or why he can't stop hearing the laughing. Oh god the laughing....

No he's talking about the Ultimate Universe knockoffs in Countdown and Multiversity.

Also

>All Star Wonder Woman was in limbo until they finally put it out ass Earth One Wonder Woman in a trade recently

The fuck are you talking about, All Star Wonder Woman was to be written and illustrated by Adam Hughes. Morrison and Paquette's Wonder Woman Earth One was a different thing altogether.

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do to spice up Lex Luthor. However, this Superman is different enough from the old one that I might not need to change much directly.

Kal is an alien first and a superhero second, meaning that Lex might just see Superman as even more of a threat here than he does in other continuities. Nothing causes people to shit their pants faster than a being with the power of a god that they can't have mutual understanding with, which is something Lex can take advantage of.

>"You call this MONSTER a Superman? He may look like you or I, but SUPERMAN is hardly a MAN at all!"

Superman was a world class scientist on Krypton, so Lex would also feel more of a need to test Kal's alien intelligence with his human ingenuity in complex mind games.

TLDR make him a nigger or something.

As for Bruce, I was going to rip Batman Beyond. Bruce was the Big Bad Batman decades ago, but nowadays he has a young rebel named Terry wearing the cowl. (By cowl, I mean an experimental combat suit that lets him get smacked around by metahumans and not die.) Bruce supports him as the Oracle, watching events happen from the suit's camera systems.

Like Lex Luthor, Bruce thinks Kal is up to something. Terry is willing to give that 'Superman' guy a shot, but won't hesitate to try and bring him to justice if he turns out to be less kind and heroic than he appears.

But New 52 was Ultimate DC.

>Black Manta
Cast down into the depths below by his crew, David Curry finds himself trapped in the paradise of Atlantis. Trialed as a trespassor by the King of Atlantis, David is locked away deeper into the ocean without oxygen. As his final moments are filled with terror and darkness until his untimly demise. That is until a lone whisper traps itself into Davids ear, "Rise". David is than chosen to helm the last Black Lantern ring, with the duty to "initiate" more who are willing to die for this power, with David's sights set for Atlantis

>LA
>Detective Jay Garrick
>that costume
>"I'll never forgive you!" screams Black Flash as he pummels Barry
Fucking retarded

>Amazons
>conquerors
t. Azzarello

>Donna
I don't even know what to say.

Batman is so standard and Superman is just a Smallville wankfest (unsurprising considering when this was pitched), but then it goes completely off the rails.

>Blackhawk
Hal Jordan is a test pilot for Ferris Air and according to him he is the best pilot that ever lived. That is until his hubris leads to a crash landing and Hal wakes up to find himself in the year 1941, standing in an American airfield nearly being landed on by the famous WWII ace pilot, the Black Hawk.
Much to Hal's surprise the pilot he admired is a woman, Zinda Blake. After some awkward first introductions Zinda saves Hal from being arrested under as a suspected Nazi spy by covering for him as her new mechanic.

The first arc would be Hal learning some humility and helping to grow the legend of the Black Hawk by applying his 21st century knowledge to improve Zinda's plane.
Eventually he would return to the present day to find he's been gone and thought dead for over a year. The clothes and photo evidence of his time travel saves Jordan from the madhouse and saves his job at Ferris Air.

With a new sense of heroism given to him by Zinda and with Carol Ferris' blessing, Hal Jordan modifies an experimental VTOL jet meant for urban conflicts and becomes the BlackHawk for the 21st century.

gay drama between Lex and Clark ?

always and forever shall there be gay tension between Clark and Lex.

Pretty genius

>That Batsuit

Lord that's awful

>1941
>female pilot

What kind of Arcs would you guys create?
The the characters created by other Anons are optional

>All of Dick's Backstory is gone
>They call him Dick as a rib rather then it just being his name.
>He's still motherfucking Robin
>They don't even explain the Nightwing name origin or why he wanted it in the first place.
FOR WHAT REASON.

Fuck it they don't even explain why his hero persona was initially Robin!

Bro this is a universe in which there's a early human running around trying to take over the world by blowing it up, not to mention a highly advanced civilization of apes are hidden away somewhere. I'd say go full on blast with the liberties pertaining to unimportant history.

What will ultimate Hawkman be like in this style?

A real ass hawk man, like man bat is.

> The Demon
A young Jason Blood leaves Gotham University, returning to his home in Bludhaven to face his personal demon, his uncle and infamous televangelist Sebastian Blood. To the people of Bludhaven Sebastian Blood is just the leader of a mega-church but Jason is privy to the knowledge that his uncle's faith and sermons serve Trigon.
To prevent the scandal Brother Blood decides to kill two birds with one stone by killing his nephew to summon a knight of Trigon.
The ritual is only a partial success as Jason is able to escape before Brother Blood can cut out his heart. Unfortunately for Jason the ritual was able to link his soul with the demon Etrigan. With their fates entwined Jason makes a deal with the demon to work together to bring down Brother Blood and be free of each other.

- Jason will eventually become an expert in the occult in his quest to be rid of Etrigan.
- Etrigan can possess Jason on certain occasions, giving Jason enhanced strength and minor pyromancy abilities.
- When Jason "transforms", he switches realms with Etrigan and ends up in Trigon's kingdom.
- To be lazy, Etrigan and the demons like him who serve Trigon exist in a Hellboy-esque hierarchy.

>The Freak
Richard "Eel" O'brian, infamouse leader of the Gotham City RedHood gang. Following the brutal death of his wife and son at the hands of rival mob boss Jack Napier, O'brian's retaliation resulted in the death of 52 students of who attended Britt Reid High; including Napiers Daughter and Jason Todd. Napier's only option was to turn himself into the Batman, who's not only shaken by the tragedy, he's out for revenge. While in hiding, O'brian's only option left was to start a new, change his identity. Facial surgery took place in O'brians quarentined family home, which was tragically botched as soon as the Batman had arrived. Nearly beaten to death by the encounter, his face scarred by the surgery and his family killed, O'brian resides in a coma with Batman on the run from the GCPD. O'brian is currently in comatose, left a bloodied freak on a man.

Im not a writer

I'm actually down with this. Though not as an actual replacement for the Suicide Squad.

He'd have a jetpack with aircraft wings. He'd be like Ultimate Thor where it's initially ambiguous whether he's really a reincarnated Egyptian or crazy.

Shiera Sanders is an archeologist who is fascinated by Hawkman, and though skeptical of his supposed identity, she finds it odd what an intimate knowledge of Egyptian culture and language he has.

His wings appear to defy principles of aeronautics and he claims they're magic. According to Hawkman, him and Shiera are both reincarnations of Egyptian air-knights who served the god Nabu and fought in a war against the Egyptian gods who first bestowed magic upon them but also enslaved the populace.

Later on it turns out the Egyptian gods were ancient aliens, and the "magic" of their wings, weapons and civilization were just hyper advanced technology. But it is still unclear whether Hawkman is actually a reincarnation or just stumbled upon this technology and went crazy in the desert.

I would definitely read this