Hey Sup Forums. Feeling conflicted. My dad and I agree almost universally when it comes to politics...

Hey Sup Forums. Feeling conflicted. My dad and I agree almost universally when it comes to politics, however for some reason he seems to think all law enforcement is bad. His claims:

1- that the cops are only there to serve the elite.

2- that officers don't prevent crime by walking around and getting to know the neighborhood like they used to. They just show up after.

3- that cops can pull you over and take anything from your car and keep it as their own (for example money, they could just call it drug money and take it).

4- that blacks are more likely to be shot than whites for doing the same crime.

5- that money is made off of pulling people over/arresting them, and money shouldn't be tied to law enforcement.

What can I do to argue against his claims? He's as much of a nationalist and patriot as you and me but when it comes to law enforcement he literally hates police officers.

Or is he right, and this is the ultimate redpill? I don't know what to believe anymore. What are you all's opinions on law enforcement? Can you help me devise counter arguments to use against my dad?

Other urls found in this thread:

lewrockwell.com/2016/07/murray-n-rothbard/abolish-government-police/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>blacks are more likely to be shot than whites for doing the same crime
as if this would be a bad thing
are you and your father by any chance marxists?

Not Marxists, no.

Bump I need answers

lewrockwell.com/2016/07/murray-n-rothbard/abolish-government-police/

He's right

He's right. Nothing to dispute you just want to argue semantics.

Show me statistics for number 4 then, will you?

You only want to like cops as an appeal to authority and the antithesis of the "libtards" you so hate.

So if cops are bad what separates us from BLM?

atleast in burgerland its true

Your dad is completely right. only thing he missed is how they protect each other especially judges and prosecutors when trying to get cops in trouble. 5th point is the most insulting as they have no incentive to apply the law better. Is there a police r&d departement? When additions like body cams come around most of them complain to high hell and some get the rule overturned. There is technology out there available to 15 year olds that would allow for true speed measurement and ability to prove your overall speed and if you were actually speeding. But is a fair shot at justice for civies 100% of the time good for them? Of course not because they can shake down people for money at their willingness.

The colour of your skin and the fact that niggers soley exist to nig

As someone in LE, I can tell you most people that have bad sentiments about cops really won't understand their work unless they go into the field themselves or eventually need help and are given it by the police.

It's a selfless job where we get hated on a lot. We know we do good and most of us just want to do the work then stay off the radar when not in uniform and live our lives like normal people.

My best advice would be to go to some community events that may be thrown on or promoted by the police and talk to some of them. Or even do a ride along if your town/city allows it. Best way to humble someone and break stereotypes is to just throw them right into the shit and have them confront it head on.

Cops are only bad when the laws they must enforce are bad.

/thread

1. Cops "serve" anyone who has something to lose; the more you have to lose, the more important they are for you; and obviously there is some truth to it since the "elite" controls how they are used and makes sure their own streets are especially safe etc.

However, it's retarded to think they ONLY help the elite. How the fuck does he even argue that position in the face of normal police work? Reacting to shootings, robberies, making sure people don't just walk all over you?

2. That's true, but that's because of lack of funding. Most cops are extremely frustrated by that development too.

3. You can sue them like any other person. They get slightly more credibility but they could only do it once and the second time they'd have lost that credibility; and it's simply not worth it unless it's a lot of money. You don't live in Mexico.
It's true though that they're overly protected.

4. I saw a statistic that showed the opposite. Might want to look for it.

5. Don't know about the US, but that's true for Germany. And it's wrong. But you can sue against that too, and they have to prove it, so in 99% of cases you actually did something wrong and can't really complain, even if there's a conflict of interest.

Cops are one of those things that you want to see as little as possible of when everything is fine but that you're glad as fuck to see when things go wrong.
Police patrols in my city used to annoy me, but now with the "refugee" situation, the lack of patrols annoys me more.

Ultimately, giving someone power will show his nature and naturally not all cops are good people. That's no reason to question their existence though since there is no alternative. Just make sure they have to document everything and can be pursued properly.

Your father is right. They are a necessary evil that's all.

derp

Mostly right. You could nit pick it but none of those premises are completely erong

That's because your dad is old enough to see how policing has changed over the past 50 years, and you're not.

>1- that the cops are only there to serve the elite.
Rob, rape, or otherwise commit a crime against him. Have him call the cops to help. See if they help. If they do, then either he's "the elite" or he's wrong.

Even if there are numbers showing blacks getting shot more for crimes, it doesn't prove intent or anything about the situation. Numbers don't mean shit if there isn't a cause that can be proven behind it.

this

correlation =/= causation

He's mostly right. Cops are, for the most part, dogs of the state. They always have been, the only difference between modern cops and cops in the past is that modern cops are paid better, and modern cops are much more militarized with much better, deadlier equipment. These two things have led to an increase in people who shouldn't become cops, becoming cops. In my opinion, law enforcement should be more of a volunteer community thing, something you join when you believe the safety of your fellow man is worth more than money. Like a sheriff or a neighborhood watch. Leave the militarization and the heavy duty shit to the SWAT teams for times of emergency, regular cops need to go back to being more human.

This

Well, he's right on all of those except point 4

For point 4 you should be able to get some statistics to prove him wrong though

Once again another example of people not understanding the job because they haven't done it. What the hell good is a neighborhood watch going to do in a city like Chicago or Baltimore or East St. Louis where there are constantly calls for robberies, domestics, batteries, etc.

Not sure what you mean by be more human? See a robbery and ask the guy nicely to stop? Maybe call the SWAT team as he runs away?

Every one of OP's original points is PARTIALLY true, but not to this ridiculous extant that everyone is making it out to be

Your father is right. Take it from someone who's lived for possibly longer than your father and in different countries all over the world.

Point 4 isn't even that contentious. He should say poor/uneducated people are more likely to get shot. The thing is in America most of those people are black. it's similar to why waiters treat richer looking customers better, or why women "love" richer men more than poor men. It's less paperwork and less outrage to shoot black people.

Of course the people that think this way shouldn't become cops in the first place. Your father sounds like a Marxist.

1. Absolute BS. Yes maybe the chief has a duty to listen to the mayor, but any real police will tell you that it doesn't matter what sex, race, etc. you are. They get a call, they show up and do their job and help whoever is in need. Dallas police ran to help BLM protestors that were against them while getting shot.But I guess BLM is now "elite"

2. Yes that's true to some extent but that's also a change in the times. As technology gets better criminals get more sophisticated and police need to use modern techniques to police. Not every cop can just walk around the block with a billy club all day and expect to prevent crime. Also depends on the neighborhood. There's lots of small suburbs where the citizens know their police and even some parts of Chicago where cops still walk beats and know business owners/neighbors. They took out foot patrol in gang infested neighborhoods because it leaves the cops in dangerous positions, but even then you'd be surprised how well the cops in those beats driving around know their citizens.

3. Another stereotype. 99.9999% of cops won't just up and take your money. Your 40 dollars in your wallet isn't worth losing credibility and a job over after people complain multiple times. Especially when some cops can make that in an hour of regular pay.

4. No stats for that.

5. I assume he's talking about petty stuff like traffic violations? Yea that's true. also goes back to point 3 though. While some departments may push to get a certain amount of violations written, most cops won't jam you up if you're not doing anything outrageous. I've never been pulled over for doing less than 8-9 over and if I got popped for something else I just paid up. Never felt as though I'm being hunted for my money. Probably because I'm not.

Yeah, but, like, something something something statist something something something boot licker.