Flash fact: Carmine Infantino designed a literally perfect superhero costume and any alterations from his design will...

Flash fact: Carmine Infantino designed a literally perfect superhero costume and any alterations from his design will lead to a decrease in quality 100% of the time

Flash fact: Same with Ditko's Spidey

I like the shiny, white-eyed version Wally had.

When are they going to get rid of the yellow lines on the costume?

So...perfect costumes thread?

Best version of the superman costume.

Wally's costume was better though.

The only good Dick Grayson (Robin) costume.

I wouldn't go THAT far, there's nothing wrong with TAS or his Young Justice look

That's Tim's costume.

This

Aren't those just Tim's costume though?

Yeah, his animated costumes are good too. I jumped the gun a bit. lol

fug

Eh, I like Barry's costume the best.

I agree that it's the best tho

>any alterations

If by that you mean that nobody has made any radical changes to the costume, you're right. But come on, Wally and N52Barry both have slightly different costumes.

Can't top this tbqhf.

Not the best picture, but Astonishing X-men era Woverine is the best instance of his blue/yellow outfit (and his best overall IMO).

Right on!

Pic related is by far the definitive Robin costume for me. Elegant and simple and the darkness and similarity to the Batman suit fits Tim's character like a glove. It's comic booky and not busily trying too hard to be ninja cool like the Neal Adams / TAS design but it's not impractical like hot pants and pixie shoes. The lack of green might not sit well with some fans but the bright yellow cape is more than enough color for me

Favorite Bat suit?

This costume is very good but I also like the starfield version and the combined version from WW Earth One

Mary needs to stop trying to seduce me with her eyes, she's like 10

This suit is so sexy, and I hate the current comic one. The mask is so off-putting to me, I can't stand it. Same with the feet

I liked Sekowsky's JLA. The characters looked like they were wearing their Pajamas all the time.

A personal favorite of mine

Terrible fucking costume.
Seriously, not even baiting.

Someone has to like it I guess.

I like it, but I couldn't say what my serious favorite bat costume would be. There are too many amazing ones.

Truth.

>Someone has to like it I guess.
HA! So I am guessing this is an unpopular opinion then? I was joking about it being my favorite, but I still like it.

>anons unironically think 40's and 50's designs are good because silver age brainwashing

Come on...

>has only had minor tweaks since 1959
>got less costume tweaks than anybody with the new 52
>even after Rebirth they are just returning to perfection
>perfect color balance

literally the best

No one is saying that Silver Age artists were "better" or more skilled at drawing but fuck yea they were better designers.

I LOVE Barry's costume but I feel like it only works in comics and cartoon where the drawn muscles break up the ocean of red.

It's not bad but I do favor some of the more unique ones (Arisia and Guy mostly) over the default template.

Morrison has often been known to sperg out over the Flash and considers the classic Infantino design the greatest cape costume of all time second only too Infantino's Kid Flash.

Love it. I think Jessicas new one is cool too with the black lines, aside from the eye thing.

and yet he caused this

He likes Kid Flash's costume better than The Flash's costume? Either way, he has good taste.

There's little to no design on this Flash costume. It's literally a body template painted red with three bad looking lightning yellow streaks.
Even a kid can come up with that, and they do.

A good design doesn't have to be complex. In fact, they usually aren't.

I liked how the shininess of Wally's could make it several shades of red

he's right

Yep.

It works because it's simple. All the designs that last are simple yet iconic. Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, all of these use simple geometric shapes and bold colors, but they're memorable.

Contrast that to the complex, accessory-ridden costume designs of the late 80s and 90s that came and went in a...flash.

Spider-man's original design isn't exactly complex, other than the webs, and it's still good.
Same thing for Wolverine's original design.

This Flash is just boring on all levels.

And yet both Spider-man and Wolverine have gone through numerous design changes throughout the years while the Flash's design remained largely unchanged.

And yet Spider-man has several videogames, toys and movies using the original costume, simply because it's just that good that works on all medias, while Flash need major revamping for every other media to be the least interesting.

JLTAS is pretty identical, little darker red and the ear-wings look a little more lightning-boltish

Hey, what's great in comics is great in comics. It doesn't need other mediums to validate it.

I have no idea what the fuck Ditko was doing when he designed Spidey.

This costume looks like nothing superheroes wore before or since. It has the most bizarre left field design elements and tons of shit like the webbing and the lack of face that you're not "supposed" to do but everything works perfectly. It was brilliant in 1962 and it's brilliant now and every year in between.

Fuck off with the Ditko eyes you philistines. Bug eyes a best. The bigger, the better

>rise above it all
>starts singing rise above from the god awful broadway musical in your head

I liked the brown better.

>philistines
Look in a mirror. It's okay to have... such opinions, but don't go acting like Todd McFarlane is some high art. Not like Ditko.

Indeed

He's right, though. McFarlane spaghetti-web Spidey is best Spidey.

>I have no idea what the fuck Ditko was doing when he designed Spidey.

He was being guided by the singular genius of Stan Lee.

go to bed, Stan

weak ass b8 brutha

BACK IN MY DAY the thread

Nah, his belt needs to be symmetrical or it looks dumb

I love Zur-En-Arrh

How the fuck does the lightning bolt changed his costume?

S P E E D F O R C E

I disagree.

The converging lightning bolt belt that they swapped in with Wally West was a straight upgrade to the lightning circle.
Shade of red and visibility of eyes are up to personal taste, but the Barry belt is just obviously not as good as the Wally belt.

Fuck, you explained nothing and everything at the same time, fuck you speedforce

>any alterations from his design will lead to a decrease in quality 100% of the time
Even Wally's? The angled belt looks great.
Love it! Best Bat book.

Is Wally supposed to be wearing a helmet or something? Sorry, not familiar with anything Flash related

He's not

ohhhhhh

Only if Billy does first.