What's the closest thing to a Ghibli film that's live action?

What's the closest thing to a Ghibli film that's live action?

The Act of Killing

You really want the truth? Watch any of the following
> How Green Was My Valley
> The Quiet Man
> The Great Race

It's not widely recognized but Miyazaki got much of his sensibilities from John Ford and Blake Edwards

i dunno literally any upbeat adventure coming of age movie

Thanks, I'll check those out.

No, it has to capture the atmosphere of a Ghibli movie. Very few, if any, can do that.

Suppose any film breaks down utterly in the third act. So I guess, Nolan?

Okja?

>breaks down utterly in the third act.

Which ghilbi movies do this?

any movie made by a washed senile old vegetable that still thinks he's hot shit despite the fact that the only thing between his ears is kimchi

Nah, that looks like soulless Netflix hipster trash

Every one I've seen. Thought they had fantastic starts and middles, but every ending felt absurdly clunky

So Ridley Scott?

That's fair, though imo the best of them wrap it up well.

No one watches a Ghibli film for the plot though.

big fish

Good pick

>nah
>looks like

Maybe watch it first?

Okja had every character be as dumb as possible except little girl and the "evil" second sister of the company.

Yes.

Also:
Star Wars (especially the Original Trilogy and maybe also the Disney-era movies) reminds me of Ghibli films, for some reason. It especially reminds me of some Miyazaki's films like Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Laputa: Castle in the Sky.
I think Amélie kinda resembles Ghibli's more down-to-earth romantic movies like Whisper of the Heart in tone, complete with beautiful scenery and gratuitous special effects.
Forrest Gump kinda feels similar to Only Yesterday, at least to me.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon feels like a Ghibli fantasy-action-adventure movie, but in ancient China.
The BFG also felt kinda Miyazaki-esque to me (yes, it had a live-action remake, and it was actually pretty good)..

I may know some more but that's all for now.

are puppets live action?

the fuck, Star Wars is nothing like Ghibli.

Maybe something by Wes Anderson, kinda. They have that wide eyed, idealistic sincerity.

The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Also, this.

Okja

seriously

Stardust maybe
It seems a little rigid though similar to disney

Why is autism so unappealing?

Perhaps the Korean moments.

I doubt the rape scene would be allowed by Ghibli standards. Also the edgy swearing.

Not live action, but Over the Garden Wall is very Miyazakiesque

I'd say Empire of the Sun, mainly because it's a superior, less shit version of GotF

What is this?

Matilda which is kino also.

>Star Wars (especially the Original Trilogy and maybe also the Disney-era movies) reminds me of Ghibli films, for some reason. It especially reminds me of some Miyazaki's films like Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Laputa: Castle in the Sky.

Spider man homecoming

kuky se vraci
digitally enhanced puppetry from czech republic

The visuals in this are inspired by my hometown

okja has a realistic ghibli vibe imo

Literally this