What is Sup Forumss overall opinion on Bittersweet Candy Bowl...

What is Sup Forumss overall opinion on Bittersweet Candy Bowl? The story itself is pretty bland but I still catch up with it every now and then.

Other urls found in this thread:

badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Bittersweet_Candy_Bowl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wanted to read it, but I can't be bothered with the drama.

It used to be okay, but then the drama got so over-the-top, it turned to pure excrement.

If it didn't have cats, people would have cared 75% less.

I just want the grey cat to suffer.
Like really suffer.

why is he such an asshole?

BCB was kind of entertaining when it was all OTT melodrama, but then they ditched all that to focus on boring shit.

I admit I followed this series for quite some time. The beginning was meh, the vacation arc was gold, everything else went downhill from there. It's been around 5 years since I don't care about it.

Paolo is just born an asshole
Abbey white knight the character: but in this specific situation he's justified, since he's forced to date this girl he knows doesn't really feel "that way" about him as to not hurt her feelings, and Paolo is awfully close to this girl while Paolo is known himself to go through girls at a fairly decent rate

Oddly Dramatic, more than it should be. I just read it out of habit.

Paulo is the "Jerk with a heart of gold" character, which is why he has so many fans. But looking at it from Abbey's POV, that "heart of gold" part was never shown to him. Paulo does nothing but shit talk Abbey whenever he sees him and it's already well known that he has issues with bullies.

Paulo basically used Abbey's dead mom to guilt trip him back into dating Daisy even though she still holds feelings for mike. Daisy even called him out on his treatment of Abbey but he couldn't just man up and apologize for it.

I used to read this awhile ago.

Remember when they said that the story would be finished by 2014 or so? They don't even have that up any more. It felt like the play was supposed to be some big finished, then Veronica (or taeshi, or whatever her name is) realized she doesn't have any talent beyond this, and needed some income.

Anyways, it was vaguely entertaining as a manga-esque cat series. It wasn't great, but you could tell what was what by the line art.

Then she started coloring.
With that came a loss of anatomy and perspective, but you know, she's making the comic fuller. Maybe it was just a rough start.

Then the watercoloring.
oooh, the watercoloring.
>pic related
Heads were now as big as bodies, and she's not really recovered from that. I check in every few months, but there's not much point.

Her and her boyfriend are pretty terrible people, who deserve every minute of each other.

>badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Bittersweet_Candy_Bowl
>tl;dr The illustrator has deteriorated as an artist
>the comic only serves as facets of her fantasy life where she can pretend she can be mean, and people will still love her

I want grey cat's long distance GF to break up with him and then have Paulo pick up the rebound. We need some sort of payoff two the MULTIPLE CHAPTERS of is Paulo gay teasing.

one of those things I read more out of habit than enjoyment. I think the characters look cute.

desu is less that he is the "most popular character" and more "he is the author's favorite"

I used to like it years ago, but now it's kinda out of habit like said. It could be lot better, but webcomics with some resemblance of a plot with cute animals are a rarity. Not to mention it updates consistently, which is a big plus.
Well he has issues of his own that he hasn't gotten over yet and Paulo is constantly being a bitch to him. Paulo is just getting what's coming to him.

I got hooked but then I realized when Lucy disappears that this was actually very shitty and still isn't any interesting or good.

The author's life comics are better.

If you don't read the author notes, for a few years worth of comics, you can pretend that the characters are decently written angsty teenagers who are sorting out their issues.

Later on, you realize that they don't ever improve. They regress back into immaturity. I think it's because the author realizes that if the characters ever shape up, she's out of a job.

Or that for them to become better people, she has to realize what a 'good person' is and come to some painful truths about herself.

Given how most of her diary entires are her walloing in self-pity I'd say the latter

It's shit.
I read it for a long time anyways.
The art got better and then got worse.
I quit when Lucy disappeared.
Abbey deserves to suffer.

It was Degrassi for furries back when I read it

I don't even know how it is now

The short version is, I enjoy it. Or at least I think I do. I caught up on a binge-read in 2007 and I definitely enjoyed it then (during the alternate story arc where paulo doesn't push desperate lucy away).

It takes very little to keep me happy with a series usually, and consistent output is one of those things.

not sure if it's just vocal people around here claiming otherwise or actually a widely shared opinion, but I think the author is good people.

I consider it a guilty pleasure. I don't think I'd care for it if it wasn't for the cute art style.

I really don't like it. I found it when it was advertised on MS Paint Adventures for a short while, then I just kept reading it out of boredom. I'm caught up. I read every update. Every fucking update.

I drew fanart for it. I hate myself.

Post it

___________ :(

Better than original, no joking lol.

Mike must suffer.

If you read this comic you are practically the same kind of troglodyte who picks up gossip mags from the supermarket.

Mike deserves to suffer more.