This movie's great

This movie's great

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tXREsCUyPMM
youtube.com/watch?v=c7LrViaPq7M
youtube.com/watch?v=ep98a0mDiIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=tXREsCUyPMM

^^^According to most everybody, it is SHIT....................

Is Rey /ourgirl/?
>am I doing it right guys!?

youtube.com/watch?v=c7LrViaPq7M

It's pretty good, better than any other Star Wars movie, including Rogue One, since the first two.

It's not bad.

I'm just glad it's not a dumpster fire like The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones.

It's pretty good. I enjoyed it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....Good one Abrams or Disney?

"great" is a huge stretch. It's passable, but boring and lacks any re-watchability.

a shitty rehash of New Hope with a Mary Sue character

It's stupid but entertainingly so. Shit like seeing tr8r bust out his space club because they wanted to stick another lightsaber fight in the movie or seeing them compare the size of the new death star to the old ones to up the stakes was hilarious.

Watched it for the first time recently, it's really not. Feels like a high budget fan film, plus it has 50 plotholes.

V > IV > III > RO > VI > VII > I = II

>Mary Sue
She's not, though.
>Stranded on foreign planet for 20 years to learn basically everything
>Guardian is a ship and technology broker
>Stupid audience is surprised when Rey has more knowledge of ship (compressor) even though Han has missed it for x years

>Rey is said to be strong with the force
>In the Star Wars universe, force users are empirically better pilots
>Mentally deficit audience is shocked when Rey manages to steer the Millenium Falcon

>Kylo is being torn apart mentally
>Just shot by huge, powerful lazer weapon
>Just killed his own father to feel evil even though he's not
>Retarded audience is shocked she can win even though all of these factors plays in

>Rey and Finn is the reason Han's beloved ship us found after so many years
>They also have a believable story
>Also turns out to be very helpful towards Han
>Dipshit stupid audience is surprised Han and Chewie turns out to like her
>Han and Chewie also holds influence within the rebels, which in turn makes Leia and others more friendly

Also
>Leia gives a hug to someone who's risking their life for a great cause
>"REEEEEE SHE DOESN'T DESERVE IT"
Not even a Mary Sue, can't believe world building by J. J. Abrams is too incomprehensible for you meme drones

Perfectly described.

Nice b8 reddit.

>has no argument
>"r-r-reddit"

- she can defende herself in every situation she is in (the beginning of the movie, the fight against Kylo Ren)
- she knows how to fly a space ship even she never did it before
- she knows how to repair a ship
- she knows how to use the mind trick even she never saw it before
- everyone likes her immediately (Finn, Han, Leia)

She is a Mary Suey

The worst thing is, it's not
Sup Forums is literally too overwhelmed by herd mentalism

>has no argument
>still shitposts his "argument"
>gets called out
>cries like a little bitch
You liking the place reddit?

Read my post again, it justifies EVERY point you said

>>has no argument
It's like you're choosing not to read this shit. That fucking dude lists 15 points and all you can say is >le b8xDDD. Also,
>DUDE REDDIT LMAO
If you're so obsessed with that place, why don't you just go there already.

not really.

they centered the whole story about Rey being a Mary Sue to pander to feminists

Dubs of truth. TFA's only problems are lazy writing and nostalgia wanking. Retarded man children can't handle SW being mainstream again. Oh wait, it always was mainstream.

It literally doesn't.
Everything you've chosen to back up your theory is cherry-picked and unsubstantiated by the facts.

Being strong with the force means moot when you don't know how to use it. In the actual star wars universe you're claiming to know so much about, you'd know that even the jedi had to learn to fly ships and not everyone was proficient at it. Nothing we're told or led to believe say's she's capable of piloting, yet when push comes to shove, she's not only capable but fantastic at it, excelling people trained as and whose entire purpose is to pilot.

The entire "hurr kylo was hurtin angle" isn't supported by the events on screen. He was phased momentarily which resulted in his injury yet, in the universe it shows that the dark side is more than enough to sustain you even under the most horrific and life threatening injuries, but no, someone untrained is able to master someone who isn't, and who's empowered by the dark side.

That's all fine and dandy and I agree, until you come to the Leia part. Leia never met Rey before. Leia new chewie for decades. She entirely brushed him off to hug someone she's never met, and only knew of through someone else who'd met her for only a brief amount of time.

The fact still stands, no matter what hoops you have to jump around in your head, she's a mary-sue because her characters traits are literally those of a mary-sue and no other.

>Lives alone and is forced to scavenge for a living,learning to be opportunistic
>Finds droid in the desert
>Droids aren't even alive, and selling it could dramatically improve her living conditions
>Has no attachment or reason whatsoever to keep the droid
>Decides not to sell it because plot

>Force powers such as force pull, persuasion, and mind read take years to learn under a master
>Doesn't even know she is force sensitive
>manages to use these powers perfectly after 1 or 2 tries despite not even knowing how they work

>Kylo Ren is a skywalker (strong force lineage) and has had years of both darkside and jedi training
>Not only do his attempts at force persuasion on Rey not work, but he is overpowers by the same powers when used by the girl who didn't know the force was even a thing less than a day ago.

>They discover Luke's location
>they could send any one of their best agents, troops, or even jut friends of luke's like Leia (AKA people who know him)
>send scavenger girl they know nothing about and met a few hours ago to literally save the galaxy instead

I'm not saying these things all necessarily ruin the character, but it is quite typical of lazy writing to have things happen for no other reason than the plot said so.

this

>yfw Battlefront 2 campaign will have better story than all of 3 new trilogy movies combined

>the jedi had to learn to fly ships and not everyone was proficient at it
While this is true, it wasn't what I was aiming for.
Specifically, both Anakin and Luke were known on screen for being good pilots very early on, which perfectly mirrors The Force Awakens.
This perfectly triangulates the Star Wars franchise, and is no new thing to the universe
While nothing was said or told to point at her proficiency at piloting, we have the information that her guardian is the owner of ships, and regularly sells technology.
This tells us that Rey has had 20 years to learn about every item her guardian has had, including the Millenium Falcon and other ships.
Just because the movie does not "cherry-pick" to us that Rey knows how to fly, doesn't mean it isn't present.

>The entire "hurr kylo was hurtin angle" isn't supported by the events on screen
Yes, it fucking is
Even in the script they state he is holding back because he does not want to hurt her
Also, he isn't fully converted to the dark side, yet.
This pokes at the same fallacy you had before, where you state something isn't present just because noone says out loud "I'm evil!" or "I can fly a spaceship!"

I guess the only thing I partially agree with is her mind-trick natural skill, although TFA has enough mystery to justify this in the other movies-
It is, however called "The Force Awakens", maybe she is just very strong with the force?
Her capabilities are one in a million, so it's literally about having natural skill, which, in turn DOES pander to Mary Sue-ness

None of the things I say is head-canon, they are very present in the movie

>Specifically, both Anakin and Luke were known on screen for being good pilots
Yeah, Luke tells us he knew how to fly when he mentions the rat sniping, and Anakin was stated to have an amazing ability to pilot swoops. He also "flew" up during the Naboo space battle on auto-pilot. His ability to shoot and stay alive was sheer luck. Rey didn't have any of this. All we're shown is her scrounging items and flying her swoop, but never even hinted at an amazing ability to pilot the way she did. It's all conjecture and off-screen crap. Again I agree about her knowledge of the hawk which is evident by how tech-crafty she is. Still doesn't explain the piloting. Just saying.

Never read the script so couldn't say how he was feeling, all I can comment on is what I watched. He seemed to pump himself up, which to me looked like the dark side was powering him through his pain and rage. I'm not saying she didn't have skill, but she didn't have enough to be able to best a "highly skilled" sith.
I focus so much on what is shown because those simple questions are never answered.

Rey has no character beyond what is required of the plot. This is what to me, solidifies claims she's a mary-sue. Everything about her is written as if it's a self-insert, and it honestly hampers her entire role in the series.

Luke had skills as a pilot but got his ass kicked several times before he became a jedi master.

Ray on the other hands doesn't have weak points

Leias a fucking racist Alderaanian bitch. I hope her in universe death is she pushed chewy too far and he shoved his foot up her rectum so she bled to death

>Now even mongoloids can enjoy

Rey is a really underwritten character but there's an innocent charm about her. Kylo Ren's character really elevates the whole film for me though, the visuals and general direction is high quality and fast paced like a star wars movie should be

Post spec ops

>to pilot swoops. He also "flew" up during the Naboo space battle on auto-pilot.
Did you completely forget about 6 year old Anakin winning a race full of experienced racers?

You are still beridden by the "it was never flung in my face so it didn't happen" mentality.
There are lots of things convoluted in TFA
Sure, it's "off-screen crap" but so much of this justifies every action of why Rey is as she is.

You can clearly see Kylo Ren beating his wound to feel negative emotions, which pinpoints to the audience that he doesn't get the negative emotions from within himself.
He is not evil, his surroundings are.
Kylo's been shot, is conflicted between the light- and dark side, and recently killed his own father.
We are, through every event in the movie, told that Han, Leia and Ben does not have a hating relationship, there very clearly was a time where the son loved his parents, before Snoke turned up.

>I focus so much on what is shown because those simple questions are never answered.
I'm trying to tell you that most of them are, you just haven't paid enough attention

>Now even trannys can enjoy

Will Iden seduce a young Kylo in the game?

10/10
Muh dick

youtube.com/watch?v=ep98a0mDiIc

this is also

It's shit.

It is.

Your bait is weak son.

Phantom Menace was better.

AIDS

Probably all of the above.

It's by far the dumbest and most illogical science fiction I've seen in a while. It's a poorly made star wars fanfilm.

Rey's literally the only definition of a mary sue I have ever seen and i've seen some shit.

It's not even entertaining though.

It made literally no sense whatsoever.

This bait is weak and its old, really old.

I almost wept when I saw the shit awakens. I literally sat there stunned at how awful it was. A billion better ideas were told by literally everyone especially fans in the last forty years and they rehash a new hope. It's literally AIDS!

You're either baiting, or stupid or both.

And yet Anakin wrecked every pod he was in even after racing for years and he being able to race is no stretch at all being proficient in Danger Sense. The very same ability Luke used when deflecting the Stinger Droids lasers, the very same ability Obi Wan Kenobi used when blocking Grievous' spinning blades and the very same ability Anakin used when he jumped from his speeder in Attack of the Clones. The force tells you when to react and you react. This ability is literally entry level. Luke however was no exceptional pilot. He survived because others sacrificed themselves. He couldn't fly blind folded, at least not yet.

Anakin never once did anything outside his limited abilities.

Rey however is a literal mary sue. Denying it will serve you nothing, admitting it will give you peace. So have peace.

Anakin avoided danger. You know that ability he perfected over several years racing pods at break neck speeds. He avoided danger in the same way Luke was told by the force when to pull the trigger and fire the homing missiles at the exhaust chute on the death star.

Somebody please write this shit for the love of god.

this

>AAAAAAAAAAAAH
>OOOOOOOOOOOH
>OOOOOOOOOOOO

post more tall star wars woman

Only decent SW movie with The Empire Strikes Back desu, the rest is garbage.

V > VII > IV > RO = VI > I > III > II

Its not fun watching a hero just do things successfully all the time.

Wouldn't it be more interesting if she ever crashed at some point?
Or if she was losing a fight and had run away for a bit?

5 > 6 > 4 > 3 > 2 = 7 >1

I love the excuse for her beating Kylo.

HE'S NOT A SITH REEEEE.

The worst movie in the franchise.

IV > V > VI > RO > VII > III > I > II > TCW

How is it that the best star wars girl since Disney bought it, is for a video game?

They felt they could take a little more risks for a stupid videogame so they skipped the very white petite british woman and allowed her to be a lil brownish, not too much, you wanna keep the white feminazi support.

>very white petite british woman
there's literally nothing wrong with this

they can't pull the "diversity" card when they cast pretty much the same type of chick in their movies 3 times in a row

>they can't pull the "diversity" card when they cast pretty much the same type of chick in their movies 3 times in a row
yeah but I don't give a shit about that. I just like that pale posh ass gets most of the screentime *licks lips*

Worst star wars movie. Second worst is Rogue one
Disney killed star wars

is Rogue One really that bad?

It's not bad but I don't get how people can act like they like it so much