Tfw yohei died after finally finding his courage

>tfw yohei died after finally finding his courage
damn

Is that Ron Howard's brother?

7 Samurai taught me that only eating millets will make you go blind.

He didn't die. He was just dreaming of sushi.

>millets
It's just "millet."

So it's safe to eat as long as I don't eat just one?

I always felt bad that Kikuchiyo made fun of Yohei so much. I guess Kikuchiyo did too, after Yohei died.

posting best samurai

hi Katsushiro

This guy. You watch the movie, you feel willing to follow him into battle. He almost always leads calmly and rationally, by the power of his presence, and the one and only time that he uses force to get people in line you can tell that he only does it because he knows that every one of them will die if he doesn't impose some discipline.

In this case the pleb choice is also the patrician choice. Kikuchiyo a best.

Best samurai could still beat them if it was 7-on-1.

>Still havent seen it
What am I missing out on and what would be the best setup to watch it?
Day or nighttime?

Best answer, Kambei is the kind of leader you would gladly fight and die beside.

>What am I missing out on and what would be the best setup to watch it?
One of the greatest movies ever made. Not a perfect movie, but one that does so many things right that its flaws can be forgiven. Also a virtual textbook of filmmaking technique and film grammar. And it features some fantastic acting.
>Day or nighttime?
I personally find it easier to watch black and white movies at night for whatever reason, but that's just me. I think the movie works whenever, as long as you have enough uninterrupted time. It's 3 1/2 hours long, although it doesn't feel long when you watch it.

>as long as you have enough uninterrupted time
You can rest during the intermission and come back the next day

>him
>anything other than a thieving farmers son

>it is a 7 samurai remake

>everyone doesnt die by gunfire while fighting with swords and bows

all those cowboy remakes miss the point completely

True, but whenever I've watched it I always wanted to continue until the end because I got invested in both the narrative and the exhibition of filmmaking skill.

I'm gonna watch pic related tonight. What am I in for?

i dont know

Thanks

very nice costume design.

spooky ghosts

and kino war and siege scenes

maybe not among Kurosawa's best, but still excellent

King Lear. I don't share Kurosawa's deep love for Shakespeare, but if you dig King Lear I think you'll like Ran.

And i liked the meaning of the story. The moral of the story

Colourful battle scenes

>tfw yohei died after finally finding his courage
Usually there is a correlation between those two

He died a warrior than a lousy rice farmer coming to the last of his years.

You don't eat "corns" do you?

Possibly the best colour film ever made. Plenty of gorgeous shots, one of the best photography ever.

A strong scenario, many dramatic scenes, incredible performances from most of the cast, especially Tatsuya Nakadai (Hidetora) and Peter (Kyoami).

You are in, basically, for one of the best films ever made, possibly Kurosawa's greatest colour film, possibly his greatest film.

Watch it on as big a screen as you can, this is cinema.

no it's Mickey Rooney