The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 3: New Mutants (Part 46)

Let's wrap up this chunk of Alpha Flight issues, eh?

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:

>it's because I'm gay, isn't it

Ontario has a SCU too?

>Chrome-dome
This ain't Ninja Turtles, Liz.

Hoo boy, this won't end well, I can already tell.

>Quwrlln
Sounds like something L. Ron Hubbard would come up with.

A totally believable story!

Of course.

It's a little late to wonder, but I'm kinda confused why Northstar and Aurora's hair is drawn differently than anyone else's black hair. Is it supposed to look like they have streaks of whit, or is their hair just weirdly shiny?

Lookin' kinda Darkseid-y there, Walter.

I think it's the latter.

I dunno guys, it IS Alpha Flight. If you're lucky the whole team will end up dead.

Now that is some Voltron shit right there.

I admit I kinda hate superhero magic. There's practically no rules to it.

So does he still have a dick?

Hee hee, Puck just sits on Guardian like it's nothing.

user here asking the real questions.

Maybe it's like a cyborg dick, or an organic vibrator. Or... I should stop thinking about this, shouldn't I?

Wait a minute, I'd know that ass anywhere!

Oh noes! Who could have seen THAT one coming?!

I wonder what happened to that advanced space rocket that landed in Canada. Valuable tech capable of suspended animation for prolonged space travel, not to mention running on some water propulsion by the look of it.

You'll learn soon enough, user.

I just read the next panel..wow...well that solves that.

Well, that looks like no Marvel character I know of, no siree!

Yeah, they're totally awake, you guys...

Oh Jesus.

Nope, Byrne cannot into trippy, sorry.

It depends on whether the writer feels like coming up with some magic system.

There's just something so oddly... methodical about his art that really clashes with the utterly chaotic nature of a true psychadelic background. I really do dig Talisman's hair in this sequence though.

Yeah, but most of the time it's either "pew pew pew magic lazors" or "I'll pull whatever magic McGuffin we need outta my ass!"

Yeah, I feel like that's especially prevalent in the days of big hero fights.

He gets an A for effort, at least.

Jesus, that's heavy.

And it's especially frustrating because magic done well can be really fucking cool. Alas...

Oh yeah, he TRIES, he tries his damnedest, but like I said, his artstyle just doesn't mesh well with what he's going for.

It's like...he's drawing these things as though they're actual objects, with proper perspective and clear outlines.

Tie-in time!

Ex-actly, his style is just too grounded in reality. Knowing Byrne, he's such a stick in the mud dude probably needs to try some LSD before doing this.

I love that thing when usually pupil-less eyes have pupils when something really shocks the character. Alan Davis loves to do that shit.

Well, that went to shit pretty quickly.

Ya don' goof'd, Courtney.

Wow, the Beyonder doesn't look like a total dweeb under Byrne's pencils. Color me surprised.

Looking pretty badass in that third panel, Liz.

>I have done things of which I am no longer proud: Like that carnie, Clementine.

You know, I didn't notice before, but Heather's clothes are kinda funny.

kek

Given that you died in the last issue, I'd say not being freaked out about someone coming back from the dead is a fair enough.