Is there Finn fans out there?

What do you like about this character?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1B46yv9T5iE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Le monkey face

I think he and Poe should hook up in the next movie

I liked how believable he was as a traumatized child soldier breaking free of his brainwashing.

Best thing in a terrible film.

Nigger

vocaroo.com/i/s1B46yv9T5iE

I remember the hundreds of threads about him back when pol shut down. Finn turned out to be the best part of the movie and they all got BTFO

Do you think Finn is the key to all of this?

His dynamic with Poe was the only thing enjoyable about the movie.
There's also the charm of a mook using a lightsaber.

I think it's more of the expectation that he would be a stereotype, but that turned out to not be true, hence why people don't really give him shit. Something else that helps is how poorly thought out and written the movie is. One of the most glaring flaws is the character of Rey, which then makes everything around her seem better in comparison, which only amplifies the perception of Finn. It's like, fucking give me more Finn and Poe screen time, all this other shit is fucking terrible in comparison.

Nah bro I'm Norwegian

Can we put the Boyega meme to rest please?

Did you like when Poe disappeared from Jakku without bothering to rescue his new friend?
Did you like when he got beaten by a no-name Stormtrooper in a fair lightsaber duel?

>no-name Stormtrooper
his name was literally TR-8R, he literally shouts this shit at the audience

Only character that had an arc

Only if Disney puts StarWars to rest

rot in hell you bot

the only good part of the film was the tastefull and accurate nostalgia and visuals

NOTHING FUCKING ELSE

inb4 reytards tell you 'i need to wait for muh family. actually nvm i'm strong and independent now' is an arc

Anyone that thinks he's a draw is a retard.

The Circle flopped with him, Emma Watson, AND Tom Hanks.

>being a fan of a shitty traitor
that one storm trooper with the mace was the best part of the movie.

He used to sell good weed on my estate before he became an intergalactic space faggot, good guy desu.

Redditor here with a brand new rap
IF you mess with me you better carry a strap
As a cinephile with high end taste
I'm here to put you casuals in your place

The quality is bad and the movies is boring
My intellect just keeps on soaring
When I diss you plebs my ego grows bigger
That cus you all are just a bunch of (African American slurs)

The girl in this video could do much better
If she met me she would just become wetter
My fedora is firm and rhymes are harder
Can't fit on an airplane so I have to get a charter

I'll end my rap with one last verse
Putting christian fundies in a cold dark hearse
My words are killer and my verse is iller
Forget this verse cus it's really just filler.

U GOT PWNED (Meme term for defeated)

Imagine getting this mad over a movie

That Detroit and Kaiju movie will flop too. Boyega is nothing special, but his StarWars role destroyed him, he's just like JarJar Binks. And to think it destroyed Ahmed Best opportunities even though he was covered with CGI. That doesn't sound good for Boyega. This is what happens when you accept to degrade yourself in jewish entertainment. If Finn had been white, he wouldn't have been half as bad as he is.

He was actually a good character. He would have been a much better main character than Rey. The fact that he faces moral dilemmas, and shows fear to fearful situations is scarce to find in modern films. I hope they focus on him being used to a strictly ordered, zerg rush army, and have him try to assimilate into the rebels. There's a major conflict of cultures between a disciplined and precise army, and a band of outcasts with guns; watching them work together would be a great way to have some character development.

Poe only needed more screentime to be the best new character, so that title goes to Finn, with BB-8 as a close second.
Finn was the only character with an arc, and he was believable and likeable, unlike most of the cast. Also Boyega is a cool dude for shittalking EA

Boring character with shitty contemporary humor. It's not like Rey and Poe are any better though.

Is it possible that Finn lied about being a child soldier? Given that he lies to everyone he meets about everything he knows, that might explain his character. I'm having a hard time explaining why a brainwashed child soldier would be so comedic and why he would be so offended by the word traitor that he would fight 2 lightsaber battles.

His skin color, unironically.

It'd really help spread diversity.

You mean AIDS?

He has the same name as me

classy

>t. nigger

fuck off to reddit nigger

Hmm, I thought it was NG-GR

should have been the main character, he held the movie together.

TR-8R was only named afterwards. He is completely unidentified in the movie, and yet he beats Finn in a fair duel. That shows how weak he is especially when you know how the average ST sucked in the OT.

How did Disney get away with that?

The left one should've been worldwide

BIX NOOD

There was no one in that film to root for.

How did Disney Marketing break the news to the corporate board?

"We realized that Chinese don't like black people and our lead black actor can be a marketing problem"

The corporate board absolutely doesn't care except for show

My man. Checked.

I was hanging out with my normalfag friends at the mall and the Disney store's only clearance item was a pile of Finn action figures. My guess is he isn't so popular.

Reddit BTFO

Didn't he portray the stereotypical loudmouthed but naive and dumb nigga character?

>digits

Is that why they removed Chewbacca from the poster? Because the Chinese hates Chewbacca?

Literally black Han Solo, except Rey the fucking Mary Sue gets all the good skills. Most of the changes (like being a stormtrooper) were detrimental but they didn't stray far so yeah.

bump

yeah I'm a huge fan of the way he screamed and freaked out while star was stuff was going on in the background. what a fantastic movie.

I liked Finn. Without him I probably wouldn't have finished the movie.

Fin was unironically the best part of The Force Awakens. He was so charismatic he managed to overpower the absolute dog**** of a character he had to portray (slightly less cringe Jar Jar). Should have been the protagonist. Force sensitive ex-Storm trooper or something like that.

>What do you like about this character?
I love that he is so incredibly upbeat despite the fact that he was raised as a nazi murder since birth, turned on everything he was raised to believe in, and murdered his comrades, all while joking and laughing.

my brother likes the fact that he was a stormtrooper
but i think something like that already happened in the videogames? can someone tell me? i never played any of them

Sup Forums wins AGAIN

Yup

I liked the way he wasn't completely fucking boring. Rei was a Mary Sue with little to no personality. I can't even remember pilot guy's name he was so generic. Han and Leia played audience's-fond-memories-of-Han-and-Leia. Kylo was a pathetic edgelord. The little female Yoda was literally just a exposition machine.

So yeah I guess I'm a Finn fan if I have to be a fan of a character in this movie.

so was the barkeep from yoda's species?

Because it was panned by critics and everyone who saw it. Today reviews matter a ton for new IPs. That's why there are so many sequels and movies based off games/books/tv/fairy tales.

Worst thing in a solid moovie

I have no idea, I'm not a star wars nerd. But she was an old wise wrinkly alien who teaches the protagonist about the force so I'm gonna call her female yoda.

He isn't Rey.

I'm kinda mad he got cucked out of being a Jedi by Rey. I really hope he has an interesting journey through the rest of that saga, a forceless jedi ? I don't know but for the love of god make something interesting out of him, he's the only one that has real potential.

(Poe will self sacrifice, Rey is never gonna turn to the dark side and I doubt Kylo will...he still might be interesting)

anyone?

If I knew id tell you

creative pasta upvoted good sir!

based chinks

i appreciate that

He's a good character to start a new story with because he's naive and doesn't understand the galaxy. As he learns what happened after Return, so does the audience. that is if there was anything to learn since most of the movie was a rehash

I like how they didnt wast e time with his character. Instead of boring the audience with the expectations of trauma and being a childhood soldier we got to skip directly to the part where hes just around for the sake of comedic relief and being saved by rey.

Finn was unironically the only likeable character in the whole film

He didn't fight the First Order because he was a light side Jedi or part of the Rebellion. He stood up to Kylo Ren because it was the right thing to do.

Sup Forums always wins baby. Fuck off or die brown people.

How would you describe Finn if you couldn't mention his looks or his profession?

How much of this is unironic? Not trying to start an argument, I just want a better idea of how far this board has fallen.

I didn't buy Finn's reaction in this scene. Five minutes before her abduction Finn was literally abandoning her to what he believed to be a suicide mission. Then all of a sudden he's screaming like a silverback at the sight of her in danger?

Even if it that level of reaction had been justified in the writing, it's still over acting. Some directors equate intense acting with good acting I guess. That scene will always bother me.

His child-bearing hips

He was funny kinda.

Wow, Andy Serkis really has perfected his craft these days.

>Sup Forums ruined Sup Forums
>not the reddit diaspora

ok

That's big digit

>get all conflicted over shooting innocents
>has no problem shooting his own fellow soldiers in his attempt to escape

Change his backstory where he's just a simple conscript and not a soldier raised from birth and I would have no real problems with him. He's not a fantastic character but he's alright and me and my girlfriend are eager to see where he ends up. Better than Rey by 12 parsecs.

for dubs

He was fine, but ultimately unnecessary. They should've dropped his character and had more time with the pilot. He filled in that Han Solo character hole that the prequel's sorely missed.

Oh and Finn was in the worst scene of the film ... the stupid storm trooper light saber you are a traitor shit. That felt like an embarrassing Disney thing and most of the film didn't

Sweaty. Really sweaty

>tfw Finn is going to be in a coma for most of Episode VIII

The worst thing about this character is that he acted completely differently to every other character in the movie.

He was basically a modern day black kid archtype plucked from New York and placed into a sci-fi movie.

They didn't even bother making the character make sense - he was shucking and jiving with jokes in his very first scene trying to break away from his supposed repressive life as a clone servant.

I generally like the new characters, but I feel inclined to hate them because of how fucking forced their 'development' was. Literally "you should like them because they're the good guys!"

This. Too much forced deadpan. Too much forced everything. They're obviously gonna make a ton of new movies, why such a hurry? You'd think Disney would at least do some of what they did when developing the MCU.

Well, he's starting from zero, he's even left in coma at the end of the movie, he wasn't allowed to celebrate the victory and Rey didn't bother waiting for him to wake up. Stronk independent female lead has better things to do.