So... this exists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XfqyCpDfOk4
youtu.be/zE2elcCTyWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GOOMBA

Most of us have known this exists for quite some time now. It's not that bad a movie as the memers will tell you.

It's a fun fantasy adventure movie. Its a terrible mario movie.

There's a Rosemary's Baby sequel. Now, THAT's obscure.

Everyone knows about Mario Bros (and about Theodore Rex too btw)

>tells you on the fucking poster that this isn't like the Mario game
>still get butthurt that it wasn't like the Mario game

What did Double DrAnon mean by this?

What always pissed me off was, of all of the forced cinematic universes, a Nintendo one always made the most sense to me, with correct execution

>What are chronocentric beliefs

For the time it was made it was amazing.

I didn't know a single other kid that thought it was shit, and we were brutal to movies back in the day.

The development behind this film is more interesting than the film itself

If you didn't see this movie in theatres then you are too young to be here.

If you didn't see the Mortal Kombat movie in theatres then you are too young to be here.

If you didn't see the Street Fighter movie in theatres then you are too young to be here.

Had it been called the Tapioca Brothers, no-one would remember it, Expect some YouTube nostalgia reviewers.

Saw all of those on VHS in like 1995

Are you fucking kidding me? This is one of the worst movies ever made. And the only way John Leguizamo and Bob Hoskins made it through this shit fest was by staying drunk while on set. It is the project they're both most ashamed of (and Leguizamo has made some shitty movies).

The only thing that resembles the game is there are characters with the same names in the movie, who resemble the video game in no tangible way.

It obviously was some dark fantasy script they had floating around the studios and they bought the rights to a Mario movie so they just inserted the characters into a premade script.

And as far as that guy saying kids loved it at the time, you are sooooo wrong. Everyone I knew was super hyped to see it (we were all in about 1st grade at the time). Everyone I knew called it pretty much the shittiest thing they've ever seen.

It even is the exact opposite feel as Mario. It's grim, dark, and depressing. Yoshi (the closest thing that resembles the game in the movie) is fucking brutally stabbed to death on screen.

Yeah, it's shit. It's exactly what happens when you put passionless marketing bureaucrats in charge of cinema.

If you've never seen it. Imagine transformers but even more shitty with 1/20th the budget while being grim, dark, and slow.

>tells you on the fucking poster that this isn't like the Mario game
No it doesn't you fucking mong.

>This ain't no game
Is not the same as
>This isn't like the games

YAH YAH !!

i saw all of these in theaters and i can be here !

YAH... (seriously) our shared nostalgia keeps this dimension together

>And as far as that guy saying kids loved it at the time, you are sooooo wrong
>You are wrong because I knew people who didn't like it
By this logic, you are also wrong, because I knew people who loved it. And also that other user knew people who loved it. 2 against 1 bro, we win.

This. Even if you take away "It's nothing like Mario" complaint, it's a sloppy obviously rewritten 50 times awkward mess

MONKEY

How could they sincerely believe this would be successful
I mean how the FUCK could Squaresoft sincerely believe making a movie about Final Fantasy that has fuckall to do with Final Fantasy would be successful

Anyone born after 1989 is shit. Your post is proof.

>The only thing that resembles the game is there are characters with the same names in the movie, who resemble the video game in no tangible way.
>forgetting the interview scene at the end which implies the games are based off a bad retelling of the movie

Saw them all in theaters. I'll be 35 this month.

Saw both MK and Mario in theaters. Rented Street Fighter.

All were absolute dogshit, even by much lower early 90s standards.

The Ron Jeremy version is much better.

>still posting on here after age 25
Wow props to you I would've killed myself by now if I were you.

Street Fighter is genuinely fun
Mortal Kombat was fucking too goofy for it's own good
Mario Bros was a mess

This is the only version of the movie worth watching
youtube.com/watch?v=XfqyCpDfOk4

The Super Mario Bros. movie is great. Never understood the hate it gets.

The hate mostly comes from redditors.

Bob-omb

>So... this exists.
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing this with us! We had no idea!

Dude just turn your brain off LMAO

Super Dubs Bros.

I saw this at Walmart for four dollars like seven years ago

I saw this at Walmart for seven dollars like four years ago

>And as far as that guy saying kids loved it at the time, you are sooooo wrong.
Well.......................... you're wrong, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................................

>wasting time on Sup Forums under the age of 25

There's no defense for this.

I wonder how things will be when I'm 50 and still lurking this site. That's if it doesn't get shutdown by the (((ministry of truth)))

Cause you're my sexy dvd...

youtu.be/zE2elcCTyWM

>not knowing of vidyakino

next thing youll tell me is you didnt want to

GET ON MY BOAT
AND GO
KICK BISONS ASS
SO HARD
THAT THE NEXT BISON WANNABE WILL FEEL IT

NOW

WHO WANTS TO GO
HOME