What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vi9Eowy8-z0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not posting this on Sup Forums

Everything after episode 2

Ashi

Trying to jam a love story into the final season was a big mistake. Remove Ashi ark and quality would be consistent.

His voice sounded stiff and forced.

I understand that the ending was a homage to Gurren Lagaan but it still felt a little forced and like a shittier version of it.

The original opening was cut.

the ending

Show was never good to begin with.

The first three episodes were everything you ever dreamed of Samurai Jack being, episode 4 wasn't quite up to par but did wrap up that arc of the story pretty well. Then episode 5 happens and from then on every episode is poorly paced despite having over two hours left to tell its story. They would have been on par with the mediocre episodes of Samurai Jack's original run (which accounts for like 60% of the episodes), but they are made worse by having to tell a continuous story.

Sup Forums had enough suffering.

>What went wrong?

You posted about a children's cartoon

Absolutely nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vi9Eowy8-z0

nothing other than Ashi disappearing to have a really forced bitter sweet ending. It made no sense, if she was going to disappear, then wouldnt it happen immediately after killing aku?

gotta have that "homage" ending

>children's cartoon

This 100%

It could have been salvaged of jack just lived in the future after defeating aku and rebuilding a town in the image of his old home

Forced romance plot in a short 10 episode finale season taking screen time from Jack and other possible new characters. We got Scarameuch and that's it. We got Ashi, Jack, Scarameuch, knock off Aku, and fan service old characters. The animation quality dropped after episode 3 for some reason. Makes sense because all of the promotional material they showed on advertisements was FROM THE FIRST THREE EPISODES.

Tell me if I'm missing anything.

I thought everyone said it was samurai kino

>First 3 episodes
Kino du Absolut
>Next 4 episodes
Hmmm I don't mind the Ashi stuff but the quality of the animation and fight sequences seems to be dwindling. Alos: why is there so much dialogue now?
>Last 3 episodes
Into le trash it goes

How is it a homage?

I think it would have been ten times better if they didn't push the love story and Ashi's character in general through the whole thing, as some have said first 3 episodes were good, but then it should have been Jack cleansing Ashi of her evil and making her realize the world and shit like they did, but it should have ended there, at the end, she realizes he was the good guy, she thanks him and they part ways, 3 or 4 episodes max and then finish of the last few episodes old Samurai Jack style, not much talking, not much music, just scenery and atmosphere while also doing as much as pushing for a nice finale.

How I see it atleast

Is there a complied list of entertainment creators who have lost their talent?

they tried to force that ashi shit in there, they should've just ended it with jack becoming king in the future like in the guardians vision

>of jack just lived in the future after defeating aku

why the hell would he do that? the entire point was to go back and prevent all the suffering from ever happening in the first place and save his people

that would literally invalidate the entire purpose of jacks journey and the show itself

Just follow the age hold comic storywise. Make him finally understand that everything gets deleted if he chages the past(if he can reach it at all). The season made it look like he diddn't even realize until Ashi disappeared.
Instead make him after his crisis rally his forces to try defeat Aku.
Either close with the all out assault or let him succeed and then, AFTER he rid the future of Aku, go the the Guardian.

Deleting everything after so long is just bullshit.
>Inb4 Gotta go back
You know it could have been solved better with split time lines! Especially after Jack went out of his way so many times instead of entering the portals.

This. All of it.

Someone let a snuff fetishist write it.
Whether that's a positive or a negative is subjective.

it's copy and paste of gurren lagaans ending

It definitely crossed the homage line and went full on rip off. I was never a huge fan of that ending to begin with but TTGL's take on it was a masterpiece compared to how Samurai Jack did it. It was almost embarrassing.

>almost