Gerry Duggan's Deadpool

Can we talk about Duggan's run of Deadpool? It's run ~70 issues at this point which is a real rarity as author turnover seems faster than ever these days.

Here's a few topics:

>Favorite arc?
Good, Bad and the Ugly seems the obvious answer, but just fake the sake of diversity I want to recognize the Deadpool vs Shield arc. It gives some really memorable moments like Wade's version of the Aristocrats

>Favorite new character?
Preston has developed from being really ordinary character to a good foil for Deadpool. Also it's nice that he finally has his own villains in Butler and Madcap

>Favorite pages/panels?

>Favorite flashback issue?
I think the first one has yet to be topped, but I enjoy them all

>Thoughts on the Deadpool 2099 issues?

also one thing I've noticed is his run's been great about incorporating Wade into dealing with other heroes without it just feeling like a gimmick of the month crossover

I think this might be the best Deadpool fight sequence ever

I'd say that Duggan's run up to secret wars is the best behind kellys, but it hasn't been super engaging since he got the mercs imo

still a great comic

best flashback is the one that was just in spidey/deadpool

>best flashback is the one that was just in spidey/deadpool

some of Koblish's best work, I'd consider him one of the top artists at Marvel right now and yet he's not nearly as talked about say someone like Del Mundo

I'd say Madcap has been the most engaging post-Secret Wars plot

this run's had some really good art actually. the only particular low point I can recall is Lucas' fill in

This. Koblish is so underrated in his emulation of so many styles.
My favorite flashback is still the Original Sin one.
I cried reading it, and one of the biggest comic buy regrets I have is not picking up the 3D variant for $50 when I had the chance.

actually the Original Sin flashback might be my favorite

>no feet

thats also a pretty lovingly drawn taint

I was seconds late in posting that page.
>First thing you see when the flashback ends...

I nearly cried laughing at The White Man, and the Steranko homage page

all that setup, just to have Luke Cage fight THE WHITE MAN

the Japan issue was really fun too

poetry

I like how coulson or whoever that was says after that he's gotta go revise his threat assessment of deadpool

And the Iron Man 3 bit.
And the Captain Stacy bit.
And the Warriors bit.
And the constant "build-up" for Danny...

classic

One of Duggan's strengths is setting up plot points far in advance.

Ellie (specifically, the dialogue eventually reused in issue #34 ) gets namedropped in issue 9.

The same issue had the Ancient One portrait that watched Michael in the background, which was key in the recent "Last Days of Magic" tie-in Ending in his sacrifice to save Monster Metropolis Barry-Allen style

You can see the obfuscated memory of Wade killing his parents in his mindscape (noted by it being covered up by a Ditko-esque Dr. Strange portrait) multiple times before he notices it during Axis.

Speaking of, Duggan was told by Remender about Avengers/X-men: Axis in advance, so he could introduce Zenpool three arcs ahead of the event.

Scratch that, was thinking of Wade trying to recall that page during part 2 of GBU, her being "Too Beautiful".

Glad Joe Kelly's having a good time with Duggan's plot threads. As a whole, DP's doing great writing wise. I think Duggan's been putting more into Uncanny right now, but I'm still happy with the current outputs.

>dealing with other heroes without it just feeling like a gimmick of the month crossover
Not counting the 2nd arc.

This book is the first comic book I ever bought. I read it in a Barnes & Noble and it made me laugh so much that I had to own it.

I passed this over when NOW rolled out, but I think I'm gonna give it a go now.

Thanks, OP.

Seeing the first part of GBU storytime'd here is what got me to start reading the series.
The fourth issue is what got me to start buying trades.

When you think about it Duggan is the best architect marvel has right now. He's built up a huge world in this book.

What's the best way to collect this right now?
The hardcovers?

It's his own little corner too
like 90s Superboy or something
just wild stories that no one seems to acknowledge but are super fun and canon

I wish his Uncanny Avengers was more popular though.

Omnibus of his first marvel now series comes out in September. Collects everything but Hawkeye vs Deadpool and the current run.

Glad they included the Death of Wolverine tie-in with the 3rd HC and that Posehn-Duggan Omnibus in a couple months.

I think Duggan said on twitter that he has a third Logan-Steve-Wade story in the works. Interesting how it'll work, with Cap Hydra'd and Logan old'd. Or he could go for SamCap and Laura

Has there been a pay off on who Wade saw when he was momentarily dead in the Dead Presidents arc?

Duggan's said a couple times that the answer to that is something you won't find out until the end of the series.
Will it be Ellie, Warda, Shik-lah, or Preston?

What arc was this? I don't remember this one

Most recent issue
Deadpool (World's Greatest) #15

fuck then I don't wanna find out I wanna had Duggan keep writing deadpool forever then

I think I'm one of the few people here who aren't really big on Duggan.
but yeah he sucks imo

Was Madcap always horribly deformed, or is this the result of being fused with Deadpool?

Dunno how he looked before but pretty sure his current appearance is because of Wade

He looked normal.

>It turns out to be Wade in drag the whole time

Duggan just blasting Pizza Dog, I love it.

This was such a weird issue. Why not just sell it as a Deadpool teamup issue instead of the weird four-pack we got?

They're doing another extra sized issue in October

I loved deadpool good bad and ugly it was great love seeing him fuck with wolverine also xmen clones in north korea were a nice twist

still what happened to those guy, are their dead because of Inhuman gas

I seem to recall Wade gave them all his organs to heal them

That issue right before Korea where you had Wolverine and Wade teaming up in that house was great. You really got the feeling that these two were used to working together in a combat situation and filling in each others specialties.

irc he grew an organ tree in the Monster Metropolis where the Koreans could harvest replacements organs. Cant remember if it cured them or if they kept having to live there to get organs

The Faux-men decided to take refugee there, where they wouldn't be judged based on appearance.

I hope Kim is still doing alright...