Galacta Thread

So, recently got around to reading her Solo series. Can we have a Galacta Thread?
& maybe a Storytime with her original appearance under Marvel assistant-sized spectacular? Can't find it anywhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

elsevilla.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You mean a nice thread about non-canon stuff

But she is canon user. Didn't you know that? Or do you just hate that fact.
More canon then Captain Citrus, though yea she is canon

I bought the one shot a couple of months back on eBay, and I never got around to finishing it. The dialogue is super fucking clunky, consisting mostly about her bitching to Galactus and complaining about having to eat all the time. At least the art was pretty

>consisting mostly about her bitching to Galactus and complaining about having to eat all the time.
Yeah, I generally find that Sup Forums's ideas about her personality and attitude are better than what she actually displays in her run. She doesn't come off as incredibly empathetic which you'd think would be more important for a being who's starving herself for the sake of protecting life.

>we will never have a new run of Galacta struggling with her cravings to devour the earth while a team of heroes keeps close watch on her

One day someone will remember her, give her a proper origin, and find a place for her in 616.

The Ultimates could find a use for her right now.

Where can I buy all the volume physically? Amazon has only the first issue.

That's the point of a one shot.

Both Marvel and Adam Warren have confirmed she's not canon. Which I'm honestly fine with, if she showed up in current Marvel she's probably become a "tumblr obsessed thin shaming transgender" or some shit

>yfw they make her fat to appeal to landwhales

Why do you REALLY think they are bringing back the GLA?

>Missing the entire point of the character in the process

Yeah fuck that noise. I do have the whole comic here though, I got some free time too. Who's up for a story time?

Do you also have the assistant spectacular debut issue? That would be great to include. By the way, yes, storytime.

I don't think so? I'd have to look

Wait really? She seemed like she could be a fun character. That kind of sucks. I mean yes, they would probably to the dumb shit with tumblr & twitter, but if they wrote her well, she could be an interesting character whilst they could keep the social aspect of her life. But whatever, wave that retcon flag.

I really wish we got to see more of her in this attire, business casual Galacta is a good look

She could be really interesting but looking at current Marvel I wouldn't trust them to do anything good with her

While I love this comic one of the bigger issues is the artist seems really inconsistent. Sometimes Gali looks fantastic and other time's you get stuff like this whole page

>You will never hang out with Galacta at her place while she's wearing nothing but an oversized t-shirt

Yea your right. Let marvel fix their shit first. Or hire a good writer, maybe Al Ewing? who could have fun with her & present her well. Also sad I can't find a way to read her original appearance besides the cover.

>Ewing
He is the only one who could find a way to make her cannon and good.

I always forget how much of a reaction image goldmine this whole thing is though, I feel like I find one in just about every page
Wow, was that her original design? I'm really not a fan

The plot thickens

someone email to him

Galactus has such a cool fucking look in this

I actually love everything about this page, really cool framing and such
They should have kept his look like this, I agree

Why don't we make a petition and then do it.
Just remember, we CAN'T suggest any story ideas because by law and/or company policy/ethics, if he sees any of our suggestions he can't use them.

We sniktbois now

She looks really cute in just about every panel here until:
>that sudden gross mouth on the bottom out of nowhere

You ever get so mad you become a planet?

I definitely have a short list of characters I want marvel to use, Gali just now recently made that list.
I know, that's why I want Ewing to write it, Ewing is good. Loved his run on CoC vol 2.
Meh, I never read her section of the book, infact, I never got this book, which is why my curiousity is heightened.

I don't think I ever did either, I wonder how close to this concept for the character it was?

Ah shit, I meant that statement to buddy. My bad, brother.

Also this whole little sequence makes me chuckle each time

it is a shame that we probably won't get any more of her. The hunger of Galactus combined with an empathy for living things makes for some potentially great characterization, especially when it gets harder to control herself as she gets more hungry.

Also I just want to see her make some friends.

Another really well framed page actually, conveys her vast power and whatnot
Being all powerful and all hungry is suffering

>Wing ears
Yeah I'm not feeling this take on Thor, Gali seems to be pretty into it though.

Nextwave wasn't supposed to be canon, and then Ewing brought it back. Ewing is also currently writing Galactus...

If we start a letter writing campaign maybe we can get her recruited onto the new Champions team.?

As of right now I'm like 95% sure she's considered non-canon. That may change in the future but unless you can provide a link or something, that seems to currently be the case.

>new Champions
She would be too OP.
She is about Starbrand level after all.

Actually come to think of it I did hear something a while back about them wanting to use her for something but some higher-ups at Marvel shot it down.

Johnny's got some balls to hit on the daughter of one of the most powerful beings in the universe though.

He could make this cannon, or make a new origin for her and ignore this.
Those are the only 2 ways something like this ever becomes cannon. Either way, odds are she would be different if she became cannon, but that might not be a bad thing.

>Johnny's got some balls to hit on the daughter of one of the most powerful beings in the universe though.
He did take Blackbolt's wife.
That took REAL balls.

>The Human Torch has less calories than Reed

How? Isn't he basically potentially infinite energy, like Wolverine, but in a different scale?

Was there ever a limit to how much fire the Human Torch can produce?

God they really should just rehire this guy to do a straight up Galactus story someday, he makes him look fucking rad each time he's on screen.
This is VERY true actually, I forgot about that.

You're forgetting about her highly restrictive diet and her desire to live incogneto as a civilian.
Overpowered doesn't always mean useful in a fight.
Or that she would even engage in fights given her non-interventionist stance on Earth's fate.

And the whole first battle with the big guy just got undermined. If it wasn't for the amount of people that want to bang her, this would have been story timed 2 days ago.

So I've been seeing a lot of debate over trying to get her in something else. I do wonder how many of these dudes have read the story prior because there's a bigger issue everyone's side-stepping that I won't bring up just yet since it has to do with how this comic ends.

We are nearing the end of our adventure though, I really like her in the outfit without the helmet

I want her to eat_ me.

Me too, user. Me too.

Big Daddy Motherfucking G

Come on, she still has the power cosmic. Ignoring the eating, she still has near limitless knowledge and time moves super slow to her. '

Also, that whole idea of her non-interventionist stance undermines the whole point or her being on a team.
At best is fore her to be a supporting character in a solo or a reoccurring character in a team book that only shows up once every 5 issues.

So yeah this is actually the biggest problem with bringing her back. How the hell would you write around this?

Well, The big guy was preggers with her when HE was in all those cosmic superbattles for all those years(eons).
I don't see that hindering anything.

And that's it boys! What did y'all think? I personally adore this story, really good character study and Adam Warren has always been fantastic at female character concepts.

Retcon the whole book, ignore EVERYTHING that happened and write a new backstory for her.

Easy.

First. Did she get pregnant by fucking someone else? You could write it off as just another super baby instead of another galactus level cosmic being.

Second. How does a being like galactus even breeds? Is Galacta herself an anomaly and the "baby" would be more like galactus and just eat stuff indiscriminately?

And lastly, maybe the whole run could be on how she deals with this pregnancy. Spider-Woman just had a pretty good arc around impending motherhood and it can be interesting.

True, we don't know how long that whole process took, but I imagine it would create a bigger issue with her hunger regardless.
We could do that but then what would you do with her? That leaves things open to just making her another casualty to current Marvel's weird "social awareness" agenda

The rest of this are tweets from the tumblr that came packed with the book, did y'all still want me to post those?

I love the look of the top left with those bangs

At first I thought you guys where joking but it's real and it's even fun to read? I kinda want this rebooted now. Too bad that it will never happen as it contains the FF.

Galacta is cute!, she can stay hidden away until Marvel fixes itself

>3 kilocalories per bacterium.
>PER BACTERIUM

BULKING FOOD OF THE

G O D S
O
D
S

You're focusing on the wrong aspect, she could be the team's receptionist for all it matters, the interpersonal relationships would be where the character's true storyvalue is found.
Plus, they're a team of kids, having a trump card legitimizes them throwing themselves into danger without any supervision ... (other than Viv)

I agree
It took me by surprise too, I didn't read it until a full year after the book came out and I was super down on the book beforehand
This is how I personally feel on the whole subject, but if they rebooted her and somehow it wasn't awful I'd be happy too. I'm just afraid to risk it.

Aw screw it, might as well post the tweets while I read the thread, it's fun to see people discuss the bae again.

>Check the twitter
>last tweet was in 2009

Feels awful, man

Imagine if Gurihiru did the art
Though it's hard to beat the original artist

Actually fun question: How does her voice sound in your head? To me I keep hearing Grey Griffin doing her Azula voice but with a bit more emotion at points. Which is odd ot me since I'm far from an Azulafag

If they rebooted her I'd want Gurihiru to do the art, I feel like he'd be able to capture the look while keeping her a LOT more consistent than Elsavilla

>Marvel assistant-sized spectacular
is that the one where you have to have a marvel unlimited subscription to read it instead of just buying it outright for some stupid reason

If they rebooted her I'd want Gurihiru to do the art, I feel like he'd be able to capture the look while keeping her a LOT more consistent than Elsavilla

>How does her voice sound in your head?
Japanese

>Elsavilla
Has he done anything else? Does he have some artist page I can look at? When his stuff is good, it's really good.

Gurihiru does cute stuff though.

Who's making Gwen Poole right now? Have them do it, Galacta seem right up their alley.

It's far from bad, that's really more a joke than anything, which is appropriate whenever the ultimate nullfier is involved.

Gurihiru does the art

No joke the dude was found on DeviantArt, that was apparently Marvel's attempt to attract the internet audience pre-tumblr. When you see his page you can tell he'd used to making single, complex still frames that look amazing but he's not used to keeping things on model, hence a lot of the random highs and lows in quality for this book.

Enough energy basically forms itself into another entity that sort of splits off. It's an asexually made food baby.

who did galactus fuck? he was the only 1 of his kind left. did he get reeds son to pull a god and make him a wife? didnt he use up the last bit of power he had saving his father by bringing galactus back to life?
did he use stored life force to animate inanimate material? its basically his food and the machine that holds it in his space ship is his fridge. it would be like fucking a ham samich .

Cameo then? Have her show up once or twice in a supporting role, just to test the waters with readers.

>The massive flacid cock of Galactus

They explained in the comic that she was the same type of parasite that's currently in her

Did you read the story, brother? She was an "anomaly" in his system apparently.

And that's all she wrote guys. Thanks for sticking around, I had fun going through this again, hope y'all enjoyed!

Can you link his DA page? I can never navigate this site

>The Codpiece Cosmic

Galacta is kind of like a magical girl, she just needs an extended transformation.

Can't she eat cancer cells or something? I'd imagine she'd help a lot of people that way.

elsevilla.deviantart.com/
I'd be down for this, someone should request it on one of the drawthreads

Please... These days Marvel doesn't timidly test the waters with anything.
A cameo in Gwenpool mayhaps...
That would attract the right audience's attention. Plus Gwen's comic's trivia running commentary would be the perfect recap to the new generation of readers.

(please 7 Gods, let there be a Marvel hack lurking for ideas tonight...)

She probably could but I doubt she would. Remember, she compares eating a person to gnawing the arm off an animal cracker, I doubt cells would do much of anything for her

Thanks

Someday user, someday