wew granpa

Chaplin is not funny

Marlon Brando, is that you?

>woody pedo allen
>best comedian

lol

You're such a tryhard

*tips bowl fedora*

I liked RDJ playing Chaplin. One of his best roles.

1. Bill Bailey
2. Lee Evans
3. Frankie Boyle

isn't pedophilia funny?

it's funny until they touch your children

woody allen has never been funny in his entire life.

Mel Brooks ftw.

Adam Sandler

Switch Allen with Robin Williams and you'd have my vote.

this

annie hall is literally just woody allen complaining about things for two-hours
i'm too lazy to paste the whole orson welles quote about woody allen.

Tbh

I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

He's unironically GOAT

Oh woah, a comedian complaining about things, imagine that

it's even worse when the comedian is a pedophile who isn't funny

Don't forget he's a kike too

You're overthinking it. You just hate his kind because they are dishonest. Both with themselves and with us.

You are just a perceptive good-man and loathe dishonesty.

>you

It's a quote from Orson Welles, I forgot to >

Charlie Chaplin came in second place when he sneaked into a Chaplin lookalike contest dressed as himself.

I think you're forgetting someone.

Holy shit I thought Welles was also a dishonest arrogant narcissistic jerk, with some self-hatred sprinkled in.

Was he actually kind and honest on the inside?

You're a fucking idiot.

Where's Benny Hill?

>people disagreeing Chaplin and Allen being up there
>nobody complained about Sellers so far
Based Dr Stangelove

Sellers can do no wrong.
At least on screen that is.

Todd Barry

Dave Atell
Doug Stanhope
Colin Quinn

>not oldy olson or whoever that oldman was

i never laughed at benny

i laught when oldy came out with toilet paper or whatever faf

Yes, I watched film about him. Geoffrey Rush played Sellers. I liked the scene where he ignored his mother and he stayed in character during their meeting when shooting Dr Strangelove. She cried and said that day she hasn't talked with his son. Pete was a piece of work.

ye

Agreed, but I'd add people like Lenny Bruce and George Carlin in there.

The GOAT right here. Groucho is comedy God.

Orson Wells and Marlon Brando said the best shit

Great taste, my man.

This scene gives me chills

Welles criticised most of accomplished actors though
>He agreed that Marlon Brando, whose neck he likened to a ‘huge sausage’, wasn’t ‘very bright’ but added that ‘most great actors weren’t’.
>‘Larry [Olivier] is very — I mean, seriously — stupid,’ he said. ‘I believe that intelligence is a handicap in an actor. Because it means that you’re not naturally emotive, but rather cerebral.’ Not that Olivier’s acting was up to much either — Welles recalled that his first two scenes playing King Lear for the BBC were ‘the worst things I ever saw in my life’.
>Hollywood tough guy Humphrey Bogart’s stupidity was more off screen than on — Welles ridiculed him as ‘both a coward and a very bad fighter’ who was ‘always picking fights in nightclubs in sure knowledge that the waiters would stop him’.
>Spencer Tracy was a particular bête noire, ‘one of those bitchy Irishmen’ who ‘was just a hateful, hateful man...but he hated everybody’. Welles, who recalled being thrown out of a cinema aged 19 after he shouted abuse at Tracy’s performance in Captains Courageous, said he couldn’t think of ‘a great Tracy performance’.
>Rear Window, the Hitchcock thriller in which Stewart plays an invalid who witnesses a murder in a neighbouring apartment, was ‘one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen’, said Welles with relish.
‘Complete insensitivity to what a story about voyeurism could be,’ the master explained. ‘I’ll tell you what is astonishing. To discover that Jimmy Stewart can be a bad actor...even Grace Kelly is better than Jimmy, who’s overacting.’
>But then who was Alfred Hitchcock anyway, according to the puffed-up Welles. He said he had ‘never understood the cult of Hitchcock. Particularly the late American movies...egotism and laziness’.

Dolores looked so fucking perfect in this film.