Is this show any good?

Is this show any good?
The only "nerd/geek" shows I've watch are The IT Crowd and Big Bang Theory.
IT Crowd was okay and Big Bang Theory was shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3_fG_zLbBeU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The first two seasons are good, then it becomes another big bang theory

It's The Sopranos of our generation

Ugh, dammit. So it just revels in relathionshit bullshit, huh? All right, thanks for the warning, user. Passed.

Don't listen to this idiot. It turns to shit, but not for the reasons this guy says.

Every episode is the same. The jokes are solid but there is never any real plot progression.
If you're going to watch it, watch it as a comedy and don't expect the plot to progress at all.

the sopranos is the the sopranos of my generation

No relationship shit, it just recycles the same plot points over and over

your time is over old man

That dude is full of shit. It's just that the plot doesn't really move forward and when it does it cycles the characters back to where they were in S1 and S2.

It's good but it is basically filler at this point. You can count on two or three big laughs per episode and one really great episode per year but that is it.

2 > 1 > 3 >>> 4

It's mike judge who actually worked in silicon valley, so yes

here.
Thank you later Anons for clearing that up. Yeah, I just want a comedy with good jokes without relying on relationshit. If it has that covered plot is only gravy to me.
Fuck you for lying to me.

It's really good for the first 2 seasons. 3 gets a bit repetitive and absurd. 4 goes completely off the rails and all of the characters become wacky caricatures of their former selves.

I'd say it's worth watching. Season 4 is maybe only worthy of having on in the background.

Seriously, I do suggest watching season 1.

They get the private equity/venture capital angle very well, the tech speak is semiplausible and the startup clichés are very fun and well done.

They go from having a lot of money and success to fucking it all up several times in a season which makes it pretty meaningless all things considered. Character development is barely there, it's mostly just rehashing the same few quirks and stereotypes.
The stuff about VCs, startup and corporate culture is entertaining though.

Every season it's been the best written thing airing.

This does not mean much some seasons.

Starts off great, but as the seasons go on, you REALLY start to notice every episode is the same.

Big problem with the program they're making.
Resolve problem, but by the end of the episode a new big problem arises. And that's the way it goes for every episode, for every season. There is no variation.

The best character died.

Gavin is the 2nd best, but the show isn't about him. Russ is also great, but the show also isn't about him.

The show needs to lose the main character, and the fat curly haired annoying fuck.

This can't really be considered a flaw, as the only workaround would be to have all the characters replaced with a new cast of the same handful of archetypes every few episodes. As the only unrealistic aspect of the show is how Richard has fucked up so many times and isn't pumping gas. As every rise and fall of pied piper has been a little more than slight remix of some real startup's trajectory.

>This can't really be considered a flaw,
It wasn't at first, but it's REALLY noticeable now.

Every episode is the same fucking plot. Again and again. I don't care if it's mimicking real start up problems, it's gotten too samey, and the show is suffering for it.

I think the writers are too afraid to have progression for the characters. It's still a funny show but the most interesting parts were when they got their own office and had to interact with Jack Barker as CEO.

They could have built off that, but instead everything went up in flames and they were back to square one.

If you look at VEEP in comparison, the show is still hilarious but they aren't afraid to put the characters in new situations.

Selina Meyer: VP > President > Unemployed former president
Jonah: Intern > congressman > running for president
Dan: VP Aid > Campaign manager > Talk show host

Almost all the characters are put in new roles and are still funny, and it keeps the show interesting and less formulaic

Seasons 1 and especially 2 are fantastic. Season 3 is still good, but it starts to lose its edge. Season 4 is legitimately bad. S4 presented a new plot each episode that could turn into a real arc, but its always resolved by some bullshit at the end of the episode. The finale was really good.... until they pull the biggest deus ex machina I've seen in recent memory. It was horseshit and just reset everything to the beginning of the season. It was utterly pointless.

I also say this as someone that grew up and current lives in Silicon Valley. Almost all my friends and classmates went into tech and they constantly tell me how the show can be scarily accurate.

Bighead is also needed more.

OP here again.
Okay, you guys are really getting into discussing the show and that's cool but can I get a confirmation that it's actually funny?

Well you got your wish for the fat fuck

Yes the show is funny. Even season 4 which everyone agrees is kinda shit has alot of funny moments.

The show is not only hilariously brilliant but incredibly intelligent if you're the 10% of the population it's made for.

The Office Space movie is from the same creator of Silicon Valley.
I suggest you watch it first to see if it's your kind of comedy because they're very similar.

youtu.be/3_fG_zLbBeU

bump