Disrespectful send offs

>watch Alien
>enjoy it
>watch Aliens
>enjoy it
>get to Aliens 3
>they killed off Newt and Hicks immediately

What movies have extremely disrespectful finishes to a characters story? Apparently Michael Biehn was super pissed about what happened to Hicks and Newt

Alien: Covenant

Aliens is when Sup Forumseddit infected the franchise so it's legacy deserves as much disrespect as possible. Alien 3 is a flawed movie but at least it's not a fucking capeshit tier flick like Aliens.

>Apparently Michael Biehn was super pissed about what happened to Hicks and Newt
I don't think so, he's on record saying he was paid more for the use of his image in 3 than he received for the entirety of working on 2

A3 is good shit

it made me appreciate the setting more and in hindsight I prefer this bag of bricks to the groin more than the hypothetical ''space traveling, tag-team, bug-killing, super fun-time family'' the producers probably were initially gunning for, which would further diminish the potency of the xenomorphs

I think it was because he forced them to after he learned he would not be in the film and since they used his likeness. Could be I'm wrong since Hollywoods full of shit a lot

>buzzwords: the post

>Sup Forumseddit infected
>capeshit tier flick

>they killed off Newt and Hicks immediately
WAAHHHH! I want an ever expanding cast of characters with plot armor in my survival horror in space movies.

It's okay to kill characters user. Hell Michael biehn is kind of like Sean bean in that he dies in a lot of his movies. But the way they killed hicks and newt is clearly a fuck you to them. I don't mind that they died but it was done in a shit way

I disagree entirely. It's all about ripley, and the deaths of the only two people shes cared about in centuries at this point and what it does to her. Alien 3 is not a movie about hope. It establishes that tone and setting of being at the rock bottom of the universe.

I think we agree but in separate ways. I agree with hicks and newt's deaths having potential for ripleys character arc and the tone of the franchise being bleak at best. I just think that if you wanted them dead you could have done it a more impactful way. Many fans including me feel that they just kind of where like "fuck these two let's just kill them at the beginning of the third film, despite newt being the driving force of aliens"

maybe it was a veiled reference to alien 3s treatment of newt and hicks. an alien version of ring theory

>a more impactful way
What is lefts of Hicks' body and newt's autopsy are pretty impactful. Don't forget about Bishop's request for ripley to kill him.

For the sake of disclosure Alien 3 was my first alien movie and I genuinely like it. It's not flawless by any rights, but its pretty good, and when you consider its production history its a fucking miracle it got made at all (seriously, the making of alien 3 is a textbook example of development hell).
I think plebs and general audiences shit on it because they wanted Aliens 2, not Alien 3.

I enjoyed the film. I get your point completely. It just made it seem so rushed. I didn't know about the developmental hell. That definitely figures into it.

3 is excellent at establishing the alien as a threat again, after 2 made them pretty much next to harmless lolfodder. Newt and Hicks dying was a necessary part of this.

Which make's no sense when you remember that decade's prior David was repaired after getting his head ripped clean off

I dont mind that they die.
I mind that they die FUCKING OFF SCREEN BEFORE MOVIES STARTS REEEEEE

Also the whole scenario made absolutely no sense.
Whats worse Alien covenant pulls off the exact same shit.
Like why the fuck would Shaw ever trust David and let herself be killed by him?
What the hell.

Once again, people only criticize Alien 3 for the first 5 minutes. The rest of the movie is pure kino.

Cameron raped the drones hard.

It's funny how Covenant managed to get the worst of both Aliens and Alien3.

Would you be okay with bringing new actors for those characters?

Not to mention that they kill off the captain in the first few minutes, who is apparently James Franco. Literally why even be in the movie if you're just going to die without you being recognized aside from promo videos on fucking youtube?

There hasn't been a great Alien movie since Aliens. There will only be good Alien movies, nothing special anymore.

3 is a shitty movie aimed at the edgy fedoratip crowd
aliens is a great sequel, probably the best ever made
>b-but muh b-bugs xdd

newt was annoying, fuck her

yeah this
>hurr muh newt and hicks
fuck off, a3 was the kino we deserved after that abomination known as Aliens

Probably cut in editing room to make room for the slapstick scenes.

3 is great, just not quite as good as the first two. The cgi is also such shit it legitimately hurts the movie.

what cgi?

>that abomination known as Aliens

so true, aliens was undeniable reddit

>Hating any James Cameron film
You have to go back.

>I love Avatar

I do, only redditors and numales hate it.

I've never seen 3 how'd they kill em off?

By crashing a spaceship, everyone dies except for ripley conveniently.

extended alien 3 is comfy af t b h f a m