youtu.be/kylH3xjoW1Q
youtu.be/YzWUUxfAnBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you keep making threads about it instead of using the catalog, sure

It can't be worse than Dr Strange.

Or is it?

Remove the cape.

Overrated? It wa extremely mediocre. Maybe stop reading "critic" reviews

It's ok. It's slightly above ant-man. People forget that Spider-man isn't supposed to have Villains that have the power to take over the world.

Well look at what we have here ? A movie that's more critically acclaimed than both Logan and WW.

And just like other "critically acclaimed" Disney garbage, it will be forgotten within the fortnight.

It was so fuckin fun. I enjoyed it more than any other (except James gunn's Tgotg movies) marvel and new dc movie.

WW was good but it wasnt spidey good

no, it was actually alright, even as somebody whose enthusiasm for marvel movies is dwindling and was never super high to begin with, i enjoyed it

Keep seething DC pajeet. You were probably hoping this would be DCs year weren't you? Look the MCU came out on top again. Must he frustrating for you.

I wanted to hate it because of the SJW stuff and the brownwashing, but it was so good I really couldn't hate it like I wanted to.

He's the best Peter Parker on screen ever. And almost everything else about the movie was great as well, great fights, great effects, great villain, great comedy.

With a white MJ who could act this would have been 10/10 and probably best capeshit ever. THe forced diversity casting was awful. The two female love interests were TERRIBLE and really dragged it down. But just like spiderman standing up under that rubble the film is so strong everywhere else that it's able to carry them.

nah, dont be a cynical fuck its something special when a superhero movie is actually about a guy being heroic for others and having a secret identity. Last one like this was, what, ant-man?

>brownwashing
oh wow lol is this really a phrase that you people are trying to coin?

Either mad max fury road or wonder woman

He said AWESOME too many times.

Kevin feige confirmed that Zendaya isnt mary jane watson. I'm excited to see gwen.

Sidenote: That fuckin Liz chick made me diamonds.

It's a term yeah, it's when canonically white characters are racechanged for no reason other than to force diversity.

Like both female love interests in this film Liz Allen and MJ both white in the comics. Tulip white in Preacher. Roland white in Gunslinger. Heimdall white in norse myths for a thousand years, etc. List goes on.

There is never a scene where Iron Man and Spider-Man are flying/swinging together. That shot was purely a marketing ploy

>That fuckin Liz chick made me diamonds

What's wrong with you?

He's 15 dude.

>why isn't everyone a racist edgeteen like me?

best spiderman movie with the worse set up

> everybody knows who spiderman is and uncle ben isnt mentioned

Not being sexually attracted to black women does not make you racist.

If a black man said he wasn't attracted to white women (this is an impossible hypothetical but bear with me) and said he only liked black women you wouldn't call him racist. You would call him virtuous and brave.

Skipping origin scene was absolute best thing they did. How many times we need to see it? It streamlined the movie.

>Not being sexually attracted to black women does not make you racist.
but asking "what's wrong with you?" when someone else is kind of implies it. also assuming you're the "brownwashing" guy, which implies it even further

you can at least mention uncle ben or have him be around to be killed off in the next movie. the best thing about the spiderman character is his internal struggle. now everybody knows who he is.

Be careful you dont cut yourself with that edge

>dude lets go for a THIRD origins movie

They did. Like in the first five mins.

Peter begs his friend not to tell may that he's spidey and how she'll get overprotective because of the "year she had" .

Anyone else not annoyed with how weak Spidey is?

no but its hard to respond when you dont even explain what you mean

Change her to whatever color you want, I wouldn't think she was attractive. It's like when someone say Serena or Venus Williams is "so beautiful" or when Peoples name that black chick with the short hair "most beautiful woman on earth".

Yeah in real life I just have to fake a smile and nod and say "Oh yes, I agree. So beautiful" because otherwise people literally assume you are Hilter at this point. But since we are in one of the few places left on the web where you can post anonymously I can actually be honest and say they are not beautiful. And I can further say all the examples that people use to prove "black" beauty are examples with high white admixture and Caucasian facial features. And when you point that out they just call you racist.

he literally lifted a floor's worth of rubble.

>"year she had"

yeah, thats a great set up for how guilty he must feel about being responsible for killing his uncle. they just used tony stark for teh uncle ben part.

I mean he keeps fucking things up and had his ass handed to him by Shocker and Vulture numerous times.

it would of annoyed me if he was portrayed as an adult ""teenager"" but the end result was things felt more serious because his age puts things into perspective.

>WHY DO PEEPL THINK IM RACIST WHEN I SAY THAT CERTAIN RACES ARE UGLY AND CAN ONLY BE ATTRACTIVE WHEN MIXED WITH RACES I DO FIND ATTRACTIVE???

it looked like carboard boxes to me. the director forgot to establish the weight of the rubble, so the scene didnt work for me.

also, did we need the voiceover in that scene?

>he keeps fucking things up and had his ass handed to him by Shocker and Vulture numerous times
i think it's better that way than watching what is essentially a video game protagonist just effortlessly fuck up anything in his path

it's obvious that Stark is there for the "with great power comes great responsibility" part, cause if he was responsible for uncle ben's death he would have had the transition before the movie

>WHY DO PEEPL NOT FIND ALL RACES IDENTICALLY AESTHETICALLY PLEASING THIS DONT MAKE SENSE AND THEY MUST BE SECRET RACIST??

yeah, that and the boat scene where he tried to hold the boat together was so out of place. It was kinda insulting too cause they literally copied Raimi.

of the year ??? nah it goes to wonder woman

So because you don't understand what knocking out 8 supporting pillars means is the movie's fault. The dude got an entire room of concrete on top of his head and was pinned down prone.

That's insanely strong.

no, you seem pretty overtly racist getting mad about "brownwashing" and feeling the need to refute the notion that black people can be attractive like your taste in women is objective fact.

also is Sup Forums really all you wanna do with your summer vacation? it'll be september before you know it!

The weirdest thing about the movie to me is that I don't really see all the connecting bits for Peter's arc. He's told to keep small and don't worry about the guys selling alien weapons because it's super dangerous and he might get other people killed with his inexperience. It turns out he shouldn't have interfered because Tony was on it and the FBI would have probably busted them had Peter not interfered.

It never goes back to him helping the little people though. It never shows him doing mundane helpful things again. He keeps going after the big guy selling alien weapons and almost crashes a plane into the city. But then he has the moment where he rejects Tony's offer because he's going to go back to the little crimes and helping the little guy, as he puts it. I just don't get it though since he got what he wanted doing the thing he wasn't supposed to do since the very beginning of the movie, with very little recontextualization.

I think they were trying to pin it all on the "I'm nothing without this suit" moment, but he had been doing literally the exact same stuff he was doing before, but just with a crappy homemade suit. It never felt like the suit made him into a hero.

You really need to stop being a faggot.

Liz I can live with. Whatever.

Flash Thompson wasn't even remotely close to being Flash Thompson whether he was indian or not.

And Zendaya as MJ was so wrong and cheap for the character she was playing.

>You really need to stop being a faggot.
or maybe you need to stop crying about stupid bullshit lol
>Liz I can live with. Whatever.
you could live with all of the casting decisions if you weren't a whiny little pissbaby
>Flash Thompson wasn't even remotely close to being Flash Thompson whether he was indian or not.
so they took the character in a new direction, big fucking deal
>And Zendaya as MJ was so wrong and cheap for the character she was playing.
lol what is "wrong" and "cheap" about it?

the director used a closed set which took away from the magnitude of the disaster.

its like in those old movies where you have a wide shot of an explosion and then cut to people on a studio somewhere.

god damn lol these criticisms are hilarious

They all have pretty much the exact same average score. Are you one of the retards who looks at the big 94% and thinks that it means critics thought it was a 9.4 out of 10?

>Falling for the MJ bait

They just make her namedrop the Mj to play with the faggots that were triggered with the idea of zendaya bein mary jane since they announced her

Blackstaining is a pretty established term around her though, shitskin

Why do niggers have such massive lips?

is that what you do to your underwear when you shit yourself in rage over seeing black people in movies?

Yes, I saw it today and it was bad.
And not even because of the sjw stuff there(it was minor and untouched to non Sup Forums eye)
It's feel like movie for Kids and teenagers, almost feel like a teen romantic comedy film.
Is this how all super heros film are today?(I haven't seen in years heros film because I don't really like them, I only saw spiderman homecoming because I used to like him)

Also he was fucking whiny for a spiderman.

Zendaya was qt tho.

Like I said, you really should stop being such a faggot.

They didn't "take a new direction" with Flash. They "made a new character entirely" named Flash. This would be like taking John McLane and turning him into Roger Murtaugh and just using the same name. It's not the same thing and doesn't even suit the same role. There really isn't a point to it being this way.

Same with MJ. Except here, the character itself isn't even badly done. She's actually interesting but she is in no way MJ. To the point the difference between them is uncanny.

These characters could probably have stood up on their own. But instead they're cheaply relabeled.

I really don't care how ok with it you are. You don't seem to have an actual point to make for it.

I'll believe that completely when Mary Jane Watson shows up.

No, it's when studios turn canonically white characters into subhuman nappy headed big lipped wide-nosed shit-skinned ape tar babies for diversity points

>You don't seem to have an actual point to make for it
and you do? oh wait, you have nothing but "WAH DIFERNT" and "WAH BLACK PEEPL"
t. just blackstained himself thinking about the casting choices

>it's when studios turn canonically white characters into subhuman nappy headed big lipped wide-nosed shit-skinned ape tar babies for diversity points

So it doesn't apply to this movie at all?

If the word "whitewashing" can exist, why can't "brownwashing"? It's literally no different at all. If casting white people to play black characters is whitewashing, casting brown people to play white characters is blackwashing. It's the same shit.

> flash thompson is now canonically a shitskin

Dr. Strange is one of Marvel's best movies though.

>lol what is "wrong" and "cheap" about it?

She has a different personality. She has a different look. She has a different name.

But she has the same nickname?

Like whats the point exactly?

>and you do? oh wait, you have nothing but "WAH DIFERNT" and "WAH BLACK PEEPL"

I'm surprised you got this far being illiterate and all. It doesn't even amount up to their ethnicity more the way they behave and interact with Peter. They're wildly different characters from Flash Thompson and Mary Jane. But they're slotted into those roles.

You gold-teeth-gold-chain-wearin', fried-chicken-and-biscuit-eatin', monkey, ape, baboon, big thigh, fast-runnin', high-jumpin', spear-chuckin', three-hundred-sixty-degree-basketball-dunkin' titsun spade Moulan Yan. Take your fuckin' pizza-pizza and go the fuck back to Africa

>flash thompson

Literally who?

It fell short of true greatness. There were some really terrific stuff in there like the third act and Keaton overall. One of the most crucial elements holding it back was the lack of a memorable score. Thought I would be in for something special when I saw the Marvel Intro with the instrumental Spider-Man theme (youtu.be/L7fx2CR2uws), however, very quickly afterwards the film laid those hopes to rest.

At least you've acknowledged that your skin is the literal color of shit

>Moulan Yan
lol is this what you think italian people are calling black people?
>pizza-pizza
is this a black stereotype now?
lol so dont go to the movies if you're such an autistic purist
i'm white lol

None of the modern Marvel movies have a good score. It's pretty sad.

Stark Tower is one ugly looking building, it is a complete eyesore in the city skyline.
Make way for the superior cape-owned building.

How often do black men fuck your girlfriend?

I'm sure the blacks are grateful that you spent all that time defending their honor from the evil Sup Forums racists

>There were some really terrific stuff in there

They really did shoot themselves in the foot quite a lot of times.

That Ferris Bueller bit was cute, especially in a teen movie like this one, but they ruined it with that super obvious call-out
That phone scene to start out the movie was fun, but they fucked up by formatting it like a vlogger would with the selfie shots rather than what a hyped kid would film, like say, the civil war and him getting the suit in the box.
The whole arc of him not being able to handle the suit due to Stark being an autist and over-designing the suit was great, but having his own Jarvis was a step too far.
And worst of all, the best scene in the movie, and what could've been one of the most powerful scenes in the MCU is ruined by that stupid voiceover.

Mediocre action scenes.

Terribly uneven character motivations. Tony Stark berates Peter for trying to stop the Vulture then rewards him when he does it again. If anything Peter is even more reckless the second time he does it. Peter wants nothing more than to be an Avenger until the moment he doesn't.

Not much really feels like a Spiderman story. Peter doesn't really struggle with doing good with his powers. He doesn't struggle with keeping his secret identity to protect the people he cares about. He just wants to be an Avenger and keep his cool suit. That's it.

The movie is more about a kid and a super suit than an actual Spiderman story.

It's low to mid tier Marvel. Not has bad as the bottom of the barrel but there's very little redeeming about it.

nah, i just do it because it's fun to mess with stupid people
how often do black actors make you sperg out? probably around that often

>not even keaton can save a marvel villain from being shit

This must be some kind of superpower on itself

Ben is mentioned here in its own way without weighing it down.

>Probably around that often
Did you just admit to letting black men fuck your girlfriend? What did r/Sup Forums mean by this?

What makes them stupid again?

I don't "let" my girlfriend fuck anyone. If she decides she wants to fuck black guys it's her choice.

No, you just can't argue your position without resorting to "WELL YOU'RE RACIST THEN!".

Try saying all these things and when you can say them and mean them all equally you will be in the clear;

>There is nothing wrong with being black
>There is nothing wrong with being white
>It's okay to not find white girls attractive
>It's okay to not find black girls attractive

After that the next level is "There is nothing wrong with being proud of being _____" but lets start out with this first.

>you could live with all of the casting decisions
>lol what is "wrong" and "cheap" about it?

Daily reminder, that all mcu apologists are actually braindead cultists, who genuinely believe in infallibility of every peace of trash coming under marvel studios logo and can't stand even the slightest bit of criticism against shit venerated by them

Civil War has a neat reoccurring theme. The only music from a Marvel film I can remember.
youtu.be/kylH3xjoW1Q
youtu.be/YzWUUxfAnBg

More important: Flash Thompson is no longer a popular jock kid who was the physical opposite of Parker pre Spider bite who hounds, bullies and harasses him.

New Flash poses no threat whatsoever to Parker on any level except maybe socially but that doesn't seem to personally effect Peter when the limit to it is calling him Penis Parker or Peter Punker.

Zendaya as MJ isn't even remotely compatible. MJW is super sociable, confident and outgoing.

ZMJ is confident but in a brazen sort of way and isn't sociable at all and extremely introverted.

They're nowhere in the same ballpark but they're slotted in as these characters.

yup, there is absolutely no indication that i was not being serious, so i guess you figured it out
assorted autisms, look at any post i've replied to so far
so if somebody actively got angry at the notion that white women were attractive and tried to "refute" it to you, you wouldn't think they harbored any negative feelings towards white people?
>braindead cultists
yup, that's what i must be for not hating all the things you do. maybe one day i'll learn to have exactly the same tastes as you so i can truly become euphoric

>they're different!

So what? Flash was a stereotype and MJ was boring at this point. New ideas are good.

Shut up. Not every issue of Spidey laments about Ben.

this

these autistic purists should honestly just go re-watch the older movies or re-read the comics if they want literally nothing to change

>ITT one redditor who literally admitted to being a cuckold defends a shit movie and black people as if his life depended on it

There was some interesting subversion.
> Parker has to rely on a vehicle and his legs to get around because he has no tall buildings to swing from.
> He is still in the learning phase so he makes numerous mistakes throughout the film. Even Ned had to try and reel him back in.
> Villain doesn't die and is relatable
> Stakes are more personal, so there's more tension

>implying anyone itt has a girlfriend

Spidey vs environment is straight source material. I love Raimi but you are a dumbass.

Agreed. We should be pushing for Black Panther to be played by Edward Norton.

A lot of iconic Spiderman things were hugely undeveloped or just ommited.

>Spider Sense
No visual or audio cues, no character mentions. Peter has really great reflexes but he gets caught off guard enough times to make you think he doesn't even have his Spider Sense.

>Uncle Ben
He is mentioned once and only as 'that thing that happened to Aunt May.' His impact on Peter is non existent.

>"With great power comes great..."
Peter isn't driven by his need to live up to his Uncles words. He doesn't do good because its the right thing to do. Peter just wants to be like Ironman and join the Avengers, that's about it.

>The Iron Spider suit
Can Peter be a hero without the super suit? Is that a question that should even be asked in a fucking Spiderman movie? This isn't Ironman

>Secret Identity
Peter doesn't struggle with his secret. His friend knows almost immediately. He doesn't' keep his secret to protect May. He does it so she won't yell at him.

The movie isn't a Spiderman movie. It's like a Ironman Jr. movie.

That isn't a picture of Wonder Woman.

BTFO XDD SO REDPILLED