Thoughts on JTHM?

It was fun. I preferred I Feel Sick.

Distinctive and neato art, average story ideas, but sub-par dialogue, awfully cringey jokes, and a general idea that the creator is trying as hard as he can to shock. Just like everything else by Vasquez.

I like Squee better

I feel like JTHM was trying too hard to offend me, witch had an opposite effect. everything Vasquez does is for attention. the edginess in he's comics, the constant proclamations of hatred of he's fans, even he's clothes. he acts like a teenage girl and I simply can't take him seriously. plus JTHM was almost unreadable. often I couldn't tell what's going on on the page.

I felt like it took itself too seriously. It has some great art, but it's just kinda unpleasant to read.

I Feel Sick was excellent, however.

Loved it.

>JTHM is 21 years old

I thought it was pretty great when I was 16. I haven't read it since. I remember not liking it as much after he died and got brought back to life.

Vasquez is an edgelord as cringy as his audience who draws shit for the deviant art crowd.

It was okay.

where is my jthm2

the raw cathartic violence leading into the somber ending of 'being a nihilistic edgelord for the rest of your life isn't a sustainable lifestyle, killing your emotions is the cowards way out' actually got me out of a pretty dark place n my late teens

I loved it ten years ago but I have no idea if it's actually any good. I should reread it some time. I actually own the trades for this and Squee

Remember when we were supposed to get an animated Squee! short from Titmouse?

I did not know that was going to be a a thing and now I'm sad that it apparently isn't.

Pretentious garbage with shit humor written by a man who hadn't grown out of his angry, melodramatic teenager phase yet.

Pretty meh but with moments of brilliance
I liked Squee and I Feel Sick more

The afterlife portion was pretty great, as was El Diablo's family life in Squee

"Oh yes, dear. There was something I've been meaning to tell you. I am Satan"
"Well, that explains the basement"

There's a good comic lurking in there.

I liked it, but if I were to buy a copy, I'd wait for a sale, or buy secondhand.
El Diablo was my favorite part.
Is it Happy Noodle Boy?

This is pretty accurate to be honest. I liked it when I was a lot younger but suspect if I tried to read it now I would find it horrendous.

Vasquez is one of those artists/writers that does MUCH, MUCH better when they have to be constrained, like when doing things for kids. IZ managed to get pretty dark and creative at tmes without going full edgelord insane.

it's great when you're 14-16

I can look back on it fondly but I can't connect to it anymore.

Unlike everyone ITT, I still quite like it. I don;t really see the criticism of it taking itself too seriously, Johnny was obviously meant to be a melodramatic whiner, like the time he almost killed himself because the Slurpee machine was turned off.