I hate americans and anglo contries for not seeing the french movie Valerian...

I hate americans and anglo contries for not seeing the french movie Valerian. It should have been a big hit especially considering the huge budget. Now Besson is in difficulty. France is one of the few in Europe able to release big budget movies. Luckily China was there to save something.
Don't fuck next time otherwise you will not see french movies anymore and the world will lose something grand.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viy_2:_Journey_to_China
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_France
youtube.com/watch?v=oEW6mR7xSas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But I saw Valerian...

Why do people have an obsession with this ugly bitch also this movie is basically Jewish propaganda

>muh 6 million

My friend, mon ami, normally a film like that is minimum 150 million for USA market, it 40 million. Fucking flop

>Why do people have an obsession with this ugly bitch
Who knows. If she at least had a nice body, but not even that she has.

Two main characters look disgusting. What happened to good old days of bruce willis and milla jovovich?

Never even heard of until now kek. if you want to shill your movie post on Sup Forums and Sup Forums b.tw.

>you will not see french movies anymore and the world will lose something grand
sorry, but the days where france dominated world cinema are far far gone. it's too bad really. the french have filmmaking in their blood, it's for real.

Why did you guys put Rihanna in it though

It lacks diversity yo. Also French culture is now americanized to the point uniquness of French against mutts cannot be argued. I'm dissapointed French ami.

Sorry, but I already spent my money to go watch this litty kino

why?

Too bad, so sad, my dad.

The movie was released in July 2017, it's not about even about shill

I spit up chunks of my sausage sandwich that I was eating laughing because this is so true. There are no individual countries anymore, everything is just an American colony.

shouldn't have gambled $180m with cara and WHO? as leads in a non-franchise ip.

that said, valerian was super fun

She has big eyebrows, so gay people love her. She looks like a Drag Queen.

>Two main characters look disgusting

I liked Cara in it but the guy was annoying as hell. He's liike a muscle baby face with a stupid Keanu Reeves voice.

make better movies
this one was fun enough, but not anything special

oh shit that was dane dehaan? i loved him in the place beyond the pines

I did see it.

It was horrible. The miscast on the male lead is one of the worst mistakes I've seen in modern cinema.

The choice of protags ruined the appeal.

THICC eyebrows are top tier for women, fuck off fag

>the french movie
Umm sweetie I think you mean Chinese.
As any typical Chinese film it was full of disgustingly flat dialogue, zero character development and cringy blatant pandering to the Chinese audience.
This shit needs to stop.

>As any typical Chinese film
I meant to say any typical Chinese-Hollywood/European collab film

Shit movie, Besson became a hack.
Btw i pirated it.

It would have been a great movie, but the babyface pretending to be a tough guy killed it. Also pointless Rihanna scene, wtf?

maybe make a good movie next time

french movies are generally uninteresting plus gay sounding language

He thought he would do well and please the Anglo public

No, we still have la passion.

To attract Anglo public maybe except it did not work

The movie is already released since a long time, now it's blu ray

No, french eat strong and stinky cheeses, not you. We still have our culture.

Budget was more than 190 millions euros or 236 millions dollars excluding marketing costs. Revenue was less than 250 million euros. So it's flop.

yes

Besson's compagny made this movie, Europa Corp. Because of this they need to dismiss about 30% workforce. I hope the company will get better in the furure. Bad things can happen.

Movie looks like dolled up garbage

French cinema is generally seen as consisting of silent films and "art" pieces anyways

You need to enlarge your knowlegde on frenhc movies, it's very various and vast. There is something for every taste

>French cinema is generally seen as consisting of silent films and "art" pieces

Yeah no

French cinema died after this masterpiece

We made tons of good movies after that

Care to elaborate

"Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!" is better desu.

Fuck off. The movie was barley marketed in the US. For God's sake, the retarded producer of this movie tried to use MatPat to advertise. What the fuck was he thinking

Here in the US it is

the only 2 french movies i've watched in the past 5 years are young and beautiful for marine vacinth and white snow(accidently when it came on tv and I couldn't be bothered changing the channel)

>As any typical Chinese film it was full of disgustingly flat dialogue, zero character development and cringy blatant pandering to the Chinese audience.
>he thinks that was pandering
Get on our level
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viy_2:_Journey_to_China

This movie was in 1999, we are in 2018
In about 17 years I swear you can find at least 17 movies that you will love. Thousands french movies were released during this period. It's too large.
Check a cinema website to find

Don't worry I noticed that anglo know nothing about French cinema apart some people. Must be your policy.

Otherwise if you like comedy, try OSS 117 movies.
Two films.

OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies
OSS 117: Lost in Rio

I prefer Rio desu

>In about 17 years I swear you can find at least 17 movies that you will love
But you didn't name a single film made in that period you consider good off the top of your head >inb4 tons of good movies
Instead you are offering me to look it up myself for what I can conclude that French cinema is truly dead as i thought

>Check a cinema website to find
So nothing outstanding? Sad!
Aside from Amélie ofcourse.

> He thought he would do well and please the Anglo public
make French movies not wannabe hollywood clones. Russian movies that try to pander to Western audience all failed too. (most Rusian movies hat don't, also fail though)

I posted above two movies, but it's too large I know plenty movies that I love.
Like romantic comedy movies. Try It Boy with efira

His first time. Lucy or Taken for example, it's Besson and it worked very well in USA.

"like, scoob, what does it mean to know another? Can we like, every truly know another?"

Yea i already started to download them.
>romantic comedy
Not my genre really.

Ok you've convinced me to give them a try

"I fill my self with food, I will do anything for a scooby snacks, but the whole never fills, and I never do anything for the real me."

How can you deny this? The greatest directors to have come from france were mostly silent era and 1960s new wave types. And really that's the cinema that people know and remember from france. hell, the most fancy shmancy, artsy fartsy film awards/festival is in france.

>Must be your policy.

when will you accept that you’re not relevant anymore? Your cinema is as important in the world as German, Swedish or fucking Polish. Only people who have a deeper interest in movies actually care, Hollywood is king for a long time and noone around the world watch any other cinema, unless they’re specifically interested in it. But the French still believe that their culture is relevant and even superior to the American one. You’re not an empire anymore, just another country in Europe, Jean-Pierre

Voilà pourquoi, Jean-Christophe

>With 205.34 million tickets sold in 2015 and 212.71 million in 2016,[8] France is the third biggest film market in the world both in terms of admissions (after the United States and India) and revenues (after the United States and Japan).[9][10] It is the most successful film industry in Europe in terms of number of films produced per annum, with a record-breaking 300 feature-length films produced in 2015.[11] France is also one of the few countries where non-American productions have the biggest share: American films only represented 44.9% of total admissions in 2014. This is largely due to the commercial strength of domestic productions, which accounted for 44,5% of admissions in 2014 (35.5% in 2015; 35.3% in 2016).[8] Also, the French film industry is closer to being entirely self-sufficient than any other country in Europe, recovering around 80–90% of costs from revenues generated in the domestic market alone.[12]

>In 2013, France was the 2nd largest exporter of films in the world after the United States.[13] A study in April 2014 showed the positive image which French cinema maintains around the world, being the most appreciated cinema after American cinema.[13]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_France

>hate americans and anglo contries for not seeing the french movie Valerian

That movie sucked t b h. Cara is a terrible actress, I don't care what the carafags says.

"zoinks scoob, we're always trying to catch the monsters" out there", but what of the monsters "in here"? "

Wow... this is a particularly cruel post right here. really mean. the french have the best cinema ever, and if it's so- that only true cinema lovers can appreciate french cinema for being the best, then so be it. that actually still means a lot.

russians who ddl OSS movies, tell me later if you liked by creating another thread or here if it is still alive. thanks.

"RUR-ROH"

"Hey scoobs if I like know I'm straight and confident in my sexuality would us fucking be just like considered only masterbating?"

havent seen even one poster / advert for this film.
will not watch.

thanks bro

If anything, Valerian is a reason why France belongs to cinematic scrapyard.

Huinya. This is the last french masterpiece.

It's shit.

Need more French/Korean colabs

korean movies are faded copies of american films tho

>Cara will never cow sex position with you

good, it would kill my bonner

>implying you would not tap that

French people, I have a question. Is France really like this?

I have been reading Le Petit Nicolas in English, and France seems so wonderful and delightful

youtube.com/watch?v=oEW6mR7xSas

t. virgin if you unironically believe such no ass is anything but good while having sex.

Yes.

t. virgin if you unironically believe such big ass is anything but good while having sex.

it's not

This guy lies

i guess fucking skeleton asses reminds you when you were raped by your father

:(

The poster looks like it's a Star Wars clone. Not even going to pirate it.

The 2 leads were horribly casted.

This guy is a faggot, he's unironically attracted by Cara "ass"

It was a nice movie but it had issues.

Maybe don't cast shitty actors as the main characters