Daily Japanese Thread #1960

DJT is a Japanese language learning thread.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B7-faB7UAr0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not sure if ninja, spell illusion or bodypaint.

ムッチリィィィ

It's probably dekinai-chan using some ninjutsu illusion to look like some cute innocent Anki-loli, luring in clueless beginners.

もったいないな…こんなに布があったらフールアイドルグループを着られるのに…

How much will I learn from Duolingo?

Enough to quit.

just watch anime

わたしはバーガーほします。

>ほします

So even though theres an active djt with only 100 posts you start a new one, I'm guessing out of autistic rage over it not having a thread number?

「?」

They're not the same. The other one is the Japanese thread, for Japanese conversation and general spamming and shitposting activities. This thread here is DJT which used to be on Sup Forums, and is specifically for learning the language.

I assume it says "I'm losing consciousness" but can anyone explain?

>意識が…
Probably trying to say 意識が遠くなる or something similar, basically yes, "I'm losing consciousness."

>眠い…
New sentence. "(Getting) sleepy..."

Looked up the English translation. Thank God I'm learning Japanese and don't have to rely on this shit.

>手 = hand
>足 = foot
>手足 = hands and feet

Bravo, Nihon.

Yes, you are guessing that.

Bump

突っ込みどころ満載

youtu.be/B7-faB7UAr0
この奴みたいなコマーシャルはドイツにあったら、俺はまたテレビを見始めようとするかもしれない

What idea should i give him?

a basic grammar book and weblio
also ANIME

Got any resources for Japanese elementary school work sheets for grammar/vocab and other stuff like that?

do you ever dream about something japanese related?

today I dreamed that I was on a train in china, but I get kicked off because some old lady doesn't want dirty gaijins to ride the train with her
I call her さいてい but she doesn't understand, well, because she's chinese... so I try to write the kanji to show her what I think of her, but then I don't remember how to write 最低 and wake up

>getting through a long audio recording after rewinding it for more than an hour until it didn't sound like word salad
is there anything more satisfying?

Any specific technique or do you literally just play back every line over and over again?

I put my mouse over the seek bar and go back over and over again until I understand it and let it play through

Sometimes I have to refer to the transcript through (usually with new grammar or easily missed grammar when spoken too fast or words I don't know/don't know well enough to recall yet).

just yesterday I had a dream about being in japan but then, still inside the dream, I realized it's not actually japan but rather my idea of what japan is like so I lost all excitement and I don't remember the rest of it

Can we do another handwriting exercise? I thought it was neat to see everyone's writing styles the other day.

Here's my "get through kanji writing flashcards as fast as possible because I'm sick of them" handwriting

I have dozens more pages just like this, writing neatly takes too long.

I keep trying to do anki 6k but I can't remember any vocab ever :(
Is there something I should be doing to learn vocab first? Anki seems more like a revision tool

Haven't been here in a while...is /jp/ the good one and this is the shitpost one?

How long have you been doing it for? I think it just takes time. At least, I can't remember doing anything special when it came to doing Core2/3k anyway.

I'm trying 6k now after a few years of swearing off Anki (basically due to addiction) and I'm just learning words as they come up, taking roughly a few attempts to get them right.

slowly read the sentences and make sure you understand them
repeat