What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

If my memory of the Unfinished Tales is to be relied upon then he was always dismissive of the mortal races of middle earth and couldn't understand Gandalfs love of them but at the same time he was jealous of him and secretly tried lots of things Gandalf did like smoke pipe weed and travel around in disguise interacting with the people of middle earth. In the end it was this jealousy that turned into resentment and then outright hate, coupled with his hunger for knowledge and power made him the perfect candidate for sauron to exert his influence on.

Bet on the wroooong horse.

He was so mean to Frodo

This

Also seeing as he and Sauron both originated as Maiar of Aulë, he could possibly relate to some of Sauron's desires (For industry and mass production especially) and therefore may have been more liable for a fall from grace.

>main bad guy is sauron
>secondary bad guy is sauronman
And yet /TV defends this shit as being better than GoT?

He had a cuck fetish so he mixed orcs and humans and created a race of mongrel subhumans.

What humans were breeding with orcs to produce the Uruks? Did Saruman do it himself?

White Male

He was the representation of hopelessness as well, which was the lever sauron used on him. He was clever enough to realize first that sauron had come back and also to start searching for the ring which in part lead him to use the palantirs and become influenced by sauron.

Sauron did it first early in the third age, and saruman just followed.

Fuck you I never used to think like this man I was fucking pure. now you fags ruin everything with your cuck dynamic

qt blond rohirrim girls captured by migran- I mean, orcs.

I'm reading Fellowship of the Ring right now, and I just finished the first chapter. Now I realize why Hackson wouldn't be able to make the movies exactly as the books are. He would have 100 three hour movies instead of 3 three hours movies.

I mean, shit. The time span between Gandalf leaving Frodo with the Ring in Bag End is 22 years. In the movie it seems more like a few months.

Actually saruman used dunmen and sauron used easterners/slaves whatever he got.

To the casual viewer (which was me when they first came out) It felt like it was only a few days. Like Gondor was just outside of the shire.

He was Saruman the White, whereas Gandalf was merely Grey.

sauron man

>the youngest actor plays the oldest hobbit
>the oldest actor (of the four halflings) plays the youngest hobbit
What did Jackson mean by this?

Inferiority Complex.

>I'm reading Fellowship of the Ring
the book is boring shit until The Ring Goes South chapter

Actually he called himself Saruman of Many Colors

Really makes me think

Yeah you can tell when reading Lord of the Rings/Hobbit/Silmarillion that Tolkeins true passion was language and world play and the actual EVENTS or plot of the books came second. Which isn't a bad thing imo you could write the most beautiful piece of poetry about a tree slowly growing then wilting and dying it just wouldn't have a terribly engaging pacing.

His tax policy failed so he had to evade the feds by faking his death.

>implying Bilbo's/Frodo's birthday isn't the tightest shit

Tolkien once said the Lord of the rings is an allegory for the Bible

>Jim Morrison as Aragorn

Not him but the way the book handled that whole business was so much more funny than the movie.

>everyone's reaction to Bilbo's "joke"
>all those presents after the party for various people
>anything with the Sackville-Bagginses

He got filmed first.

I know you're joking but Tolkein disliked allegory and so should everyone else. Allegory is a cheap way of making your work relevant or 2deep4u and it ultimately dates your work.

>main bad guy is Hitler
>second bad guy is Himmler
hack sequel

Well, Aragorn is a healer and the King of kings, so here's that.

What do you guys think about Tolkien repeatedly stating that LotR had no allegories and that he disliked the term?
The story is full of allegories of war, Christianity, nature vs industry and so many more. Why did he deny this? I very much doubt a linguistic scholar like him would not notice that his books are full of allegories.

Of course he knew, but it was sensible to distance himself from the idea. You don't want your fantasy novel to end up on the same shelf as the pilgrim's progress.

>(((allegories)))

tolkien only used S Y M B O L Y I S M

allegories are for brainlets tbqhwyf

"I dislike allegory...applicability is in the mind of the reader, but allegory is in the mind of the writer" - my paraphrase of Tolkein's forward to the second edition of the Fellowship of the Ring

White Man's burden the character
He had to look around and keep things in check while all the other guys went around having fun, literally the only one showing up for job.

He got cucked by Gandalf from getting Frodo's little Hobbitpussy.

The thing that struck me the most about the books were all the damn songs and poems