I still don't understand

I still don't understand.

How did it all go so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=agusDATduWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=w-gLqGcfBr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your mother didn't go through with the abortion.

The writing team was comprised of Actual Living Daddy Issues and The Amazing Doormat who believe the best way to characterize protagonists is having them act erratically and against their own established behaviors without context.

And lesbians for ratings is so 1996.

BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW

Mike and Bryan wrote most of S1+S2. S3+S4 had large amounts of original writers onboard and as such the quality was much different from the first two seasons.

It was meandering, indecisive and non-committal.

I still don't understand.

How did OP's life all go so wrong that he spends every day posting daily hate threads about a cartoon he didn't particularly like?

Where do you think we are?

>quality was much different
Let's not beat around the bush. They were better. Much better, though still lacking.

>S3+S4 had large amounts of original writers onboard

They did? I wondered why they were so much better.

Too bad it wasn't like that from the start.

The concepts of the first and second seasons were great. They presented an interesting problem but they didn't figure out the answer to them so the villains became Evil McBadguy, and everything was solved just by punching. It was good punching, though.

Also I was never bothered by Korra's personality even in season 2.It was pretty obvious she was abrassive and hotheaded from the get go, and her arc was about ironing those traits. Both seasons had horrible endings though.

>though still lacking.
Third season was just great, but the fourth could have a much better ending.
Kuvira's motivations ended up being incredibly stupid. I'm not even mad at the mecha like most people here though.

I'm honestly missing Korra. The fact that every season was a new thing makes the show more versatile to be continued. I wouldn't mind another 2 seasons but I realize it is impossible.

Voltron isn't filling my heart. It's not as good, even though it definitely has more solid characters in comparison. Still miss my angry bitch brown goddess. She's the greatest.

The biggest problem was that they didn't know how many seasons they were going to have. This led to Season 1 being jammed with a bunch of shit and having a rushed conclusion

What should have happened was that Amon should have been the main antagonist of all four seasons, with the Red Lotus being involved too

Are you literally going to make this thread everyday?

bad writing

Lesbians for ratings are fine, when they're ACTUALLY LESBIANS FOR MORE THAN 5 SECONDS!

Did I copy a shitposter? I just wanted to talk about Korra critically, and the best way to do that for anything is just to go "What went wrong"?

>S3+S4 had large amounts of original writers
But it is wrong you complete fucking retard

I just make shit up to fit your retarded vision of things you have no idea about and don't even do the simplest imdb check?

>best way to do that for anything is just to go "What went wrong"?
>best way

Are you serious? It's a low-effort trollish question that, despite your best intentions, will produce some low-effort trollish responses.

>I just wanted to talk about Korra critically\

maybe you could have started with some of your own criticism

They were told they had one season. So bald Gendo and Aaron Swartz rushed the fuck out of it, thereby fucking over the greatest villain in Avatar history and introducing a Deus Ex Machina. Of course, it was their fault for focusing on pro-bending and relationship bs instead of shit that mattered. The protagonist was a whiny, selfish mary sue bitch who didn't become likable until half-way through season 2. And more relationship bullshit.

>and the best way to do that for anything is just to go "What went wrong"?

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong, what did she mean by this, and what was her fucking problem, and was it rape?

They needed an Overarching Villain across all the seasons, Amon would have been perfect for that.

I dropped that shit after Korra used what was up until that point the pinnacle of Avatar powers (restoring / taking bending) to instantly undo Amon's work on Lin for no fucking reason other than 'well we did this thing and removed one of Korras strongest allies, lets just completely undo that!'

Really the whole Amon thing just soured me at how shitty it was. He was set up as this really intriguing and interesting villain only to end up a generic angry bender, same as the villain in season 3, same as the villain in season 4. I can't even remember season 2 aside from the retarded spirit world shit.

That post is honorary Sup Forums tier.

>thereby fucking over the greatest villain in Avatar history

but zaheer wasn't in season 1

It's missing leave ____ to me.

>bald Gendo and Aaron Swartz

un-fucking-canny

I have never, to this day, seen an episode of Korra.

no it's complete bullshit

all of the original writers from ATLA came back in SEASON 2, not season 3

the only director/writer that joined in season 3 was Melchior Zwyer who hadn't any connection to Avatar before that and from that point on

initial decision to do mini-seasons with 12 episodes was what crippled everything from the start

12 episodes is just not enough for story to breath and grow enough in scale and scope, not enough time for character development let alone villain development

And yes what the formula "one season -- one new villain" definitely made the issue much more worse

>12 episodes is just not enough
Half an hour past Lawrence of Arabia's runtime isn't enough?

newsflash: feature movies and animated series have different rhythms and pacing

Their complete lack of understanding how to plan out a story was the biggest problem, it's what caused everything to be shit.

Lawrence has pretty slow pacing all things considered, 12 20 minute episodes is not 'not enough', you only have poor compression to blame.

We've discussed LOK to death, looked at it from all angles, turned it over, detailed every single failure that occured with the show. These threads have become just another daily hate circle jerk with no aim or reason. We don't even discuss ATLA any more, you faggots would rather just talk about how much you hate another show.

>12 20 minute episodes is not 'not enough', you only have poor compression to blame
Try to "compress" Book Earth of ATLA , it's rock diamond solid as far TV writing goes -- each episode is crucial (even single filler on Book Earth Avatar Day is rather significant)

Season 3 and 4 were still garbage, user, especially 3.

>all of the original writers from ATLA came back in SEASON 2, not season 3
Only a tiny fraction of them came back. Less than 1/4.

>2 episodes is just not enough for story to breath and grow enough in scale and scope, not enough time for character development let alone villain development
Yes it is. Over the Garden Wall told a richer story in less than half the time, and so does every good movie ever made.

Bryke dropped the ball.

Not enough of Korra's body.

Literally the exact same thing as the Star Wars prequels.

The guy(s) in charge were credited with the quality of the original and did the follow-up by themselves, but it turns out that they weren't the ones who made the original good.

I'd probably give Threadworlds a read, though from the synopsis it doesn't sound like something I'll stick with forever.

The George Lucas Syndrome: Bryke had success with their previous work and they - and the audience - thought Bryke was the mastermind, when in reality the credit went to everybody else.

But the prequels were good you cockmongler.

I like how you can see pretty much a perfect divide of all the stuff that was wrong with Korra in these two pitches.
Threadworld looks like it has nice art though. And it seems way less obnoxious than Geniuses.

"oh shit, we pissed off the only animation studio willing to work with us, better shoe horn in tumblr bait at the last second in hopes of landing jobs at (((Disney))) next!"
youtube.com/watch?v=agusDATduWQ

That pic was created to sound incredibly obnoxious though.

Geniuses screams squandered potential. It starts off sounding like the best of Golden Compass mixed with JoJo set in the renaissance, and then rapidly nosedives.

Tim Hedrick, Joshua Hamilton, Katie Mattila are all from AtLA. Season 4 was majorly influenced by them. Keep being a retard user.

But that's wrong you moron. Mike and Bryan already had written most of the script for Season 2 before hiring some of the originals. You are absolutely retarded.

Each season was its own self-contained story, as opposed to three seasons of one story, so it had no chance of being the overarching grandeur of the original Avatar.

Everything was clumsy and rushed, and it ruined everything. An amazing waste of talent.

>another thread about why Korra sucked

We've already discussed this.

Yeah seriously. Nobody showed any skin. When Korra dressed up it was in this goddamned smock.

Lawful good: Mako
Neutral good: Bolin
Chaotic good: Korra

Lawful neutral: President Raiko
True neutral: Toph Bei Fong
Chaotic neutral: Varrick

Lawful evil: Kuvira
Neutral evil: Amon
Chaotic evil: Zaheer

It's perfect.

The writers based 70% of the plot on appealing to internet shippers because that was such a big part of the Avatar fanbase.

>Lawful evil: Kuvira
she wanted to help her nation, how is that evil?

youtube.com/watch?v=w-gLqGcfBr4

She "helped" her nation by enslaving her citizens, sending dissidents and members of other nations to re-education camps, and declaring war on a peaceful, progressive nation.

>enslaving her citizens
We literally never see this.

>sending dissidents and members of other nations to re-education camps
Arresting criminals.

>We literally never see this.
It's one of the first things she does on screen.

Geniuses seems like some sort of cheap, generic light novel that could probably be adapted into some shitty seasonal anime (you know what kind of stuff I'm talking about).
Threadworlds seems very Ghibli-ish. It might be good.

Geniuses just comes off as a typical YA novel.

It sounds like it's going to be "generic YA tropes & cliches" the novel.

>I just wanted to talk about Korra critically
No you didn't. People have been making this thread for over a year. You knew exactly what you were doing.

For that season; they leaned too heavily on Kuvira being bad and ended up removing the nuance of her position.

You also rarely, if ever, saw things from her perspective.

Also, there were inane strategic and tactical flaws in the last few episodes that would never have actually happened in reality.

Two grown men trying to write a teenage girl

It was mediocre, which is worse than being terrible.

>sending dissidents and members of other nations to re-education camps
I highly doubt the 'concentration camps' were like that. Most likely she was only sending bandits there since we never actually see her sending anyone there without a reason. The only people she sent there were clearly traitors.

>declaring war on a peaceful, progressive nation
like the guys that stole land from the earth nation? or Zaofu that suddenly decided to be independent?

She actually admits to Bolin that she is throwing people who disagree with her into re-education camps to silence opposition.

And Zaofu become independent the second she declared herself Empress of a nation that had no ties to Zaofu. And that's assuming it wasn't allready independent from the EK.

>disagree with her
Traitors, you mean.

>Zaofu become independent the second she declared herself Empress of a nation that had no ties to Zaofu
a queen dying doesn't mean the nation stops existing. Kuvira took control of the earth nation, doesn't mean it stops being one thing. If trump gets elected, can Florida stop being part of the US? of course not.

It was better then TLA.

>a queen dying doesn't mean the nation stops existing.
You're right, Kuvira literally saying it no longer exists after taking it over does however.

i tried to give this show a chance, i really did. i love the last airbender, but this drivel is nothing but cringe love triangle after another, i couldnt get past episode 9 im fucking done. i am pissed, i had such high hopes.

jesus fucking christ is that really what happened in the show? thank fucking god i dropped it early.

You mean when she non-lethally detains raiders who were literally attacking her, and offers to release them if they work for her?

So have you not been on Sup Forums at all for the last year? Because that is the only possible way you could've missed the hundreds of threads about Korrasami.

I have no idea how anyone could interpret that as "enslaving her own citizens". It was a second chance for literal thieves and murderers who had JUST been caught in the act.

No. In that Bolin-time episode where they meet those characters that we never see or hear from again.
As for those people, she also offered to let them remain bound there until the next train came by and took off their heads. That is if they didn't want to work for her.

i only go to certain boards for certain threads. my buddy told me to catch korra and said it was as good as last air bender. when i told him about what i didnt like, how every serious scene was ruined by an awkward look or pissed off attitude centered around a love triangle, he said i was being fickle and said to try again. well i fucking did and the love triangle shit just kept going fucking fuck god damn wtf did a bunch of women write the show?

>Kuvira literally saying it no longer exists after taking it over does however
the word of one person doesn't make a nation stop existing

For one it was supposed to be a one season thing and even then the plot of the first season needed more than one season to flesh out. And two being compared to it source martial made it seem less than it was.

In that case Zaofu still belonged to the EK, not Kuviras Earth Empire.

While turning Korra into a slave hentai would certainly get my interest....
Shit, I had a point, but now I'm just wondering what that would be like.

>As for those people, she also offered to let them remain bound there until the next train came by and took off their heads. That is if they didn't want to work for her.
Their hands, not their heads.

They had literally just attacked her. She could have chosen to kill them but she was nicer than that.

They weren't enslaved, they were put in internment camps.

Everyone still asks why people still make threads about Korra's disappointment.

The act itself says a lot. There you have the answer.

Not OP but certainly I'll never let it go. It's not like it ruined my life or something but ATLA was always one of my favorite cartoons and this damaged the world lore of it. Also for me damaged the vision I had of the creators after one of them accused fans of being homophobic for not liking a shoehorned 6 secs ending scene and bad writing. Dang! That dark Avatar stuff and the destruction of the Avatar cycle...

So much stuff makes no sense that the series decanonized itself from its prequel. How I wish they confirm this is an alter universe.

I have the right and if you don't like it, then, hide the thread.