Things you got memed into

Just watched this for the first time, I am willing to admit it is a visual master piece. But the story was dogshit, piss poor dialogue and I will not turn my brain off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NT0epw9P7-o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sounds like you need to turn your brain on.

>defending a bullshit Mary Sue flick

>Mary Sue
Explain what you think that term means, and how it applies to the film

Name a flaw of Ripley, by far the most intelligent among the crew despite having no rank. Super badass combat warrior suddenly. Only one calm in a room full of hotheads. Overcoming insurmountable odds.

It's a beautiful film, but nothing more than that.

thats alien not alienSSS

Did it ever occur to you that she has all these traits BECAUSE SHE WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAD SEEN A XENOMORPH BEFORE?

God, you're fucking retarded

Visual masterpiece?
It has some nice practical effects, but it looks really dated just like all of Cameron's films.

The story is just a lazy rewrite of Them! with aliens instead of giant atomic ants.

>BECAUSE SHE WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAD SEEN A XENOMORPH BEFORE?

Are you fucking stupid? what's with Dallas, Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Daniels, Tennessee, etc.

> Are you fucking stupid? what's with Dallas, Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Daniels, Tennessee, etc.

They're all dead, you bumbling moron. Ripley was the lone survivor of the Nostromo. They specifically bring her to LV-426 with the Colonial Marines BECAUSE she had previous experience with the Xenomorphs.

>They're all dead, you bumbling moron.

And what? I never say they aren't.

If you read carefully the post says:

>BECAUSE SHE WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAD SEEN A XENOMORPH BEFORE

not:

>BECAUSE SHE WAS THE ONLY PERSON ALIVE WHO HAD SEEN A XENOMORPH
BEFORE

I didn't like it neither. I liked prometheus tho. Good movie.

The final act against the queen is where the movie shines, you're not wrong about the rest.

>its another guy posts about how a perfect film sucks meme

BEST MOVIE

1 Alien
2 Aliens
3 Alien3 (Assembly Cut)
4 Alien: Covenant
5 Prometheus
6 Ressurection
7 AvP: Requiem
8 AvP

BEST XENOMORPH

1 Alien
2 Alien3
3 Alien: Covenant
4 Aliens
5 AvP: Requiem
6 Ressurection/ AvP

BEST ALTERNATIVE CREATURE

1 Aliens' Alien Queen (I know she still a xenomorph but she is quite different for the rest so I can't put in the same category)
2 Facehuggers/ Chestbusters
3 Neomorph
4 AvP's Alien Queen
5 Predalien
6 Deacon
7 Newborn

Are you retarded or pretending? Sup Forums is such shit I can't begin to guess at your mental abilities.

Covenant is the worst of non crossover movies and Requiem is absolute bottom tier despite the over the top gore.

First Xenomorph looked like shit every time they were showing him in full view and you coul tell how awkward the poor guy in the suit felt. Covenant Xenomorph was fugly CGI.

>Are you retarded or pretending? Sup Forums is such shit I can't begin to guess at your mental abilities.

the irony

Thank you! This is the worst highly rated movie I have ever watched. No redeeming value and I felt like it tricked the audience in pretending it was smart.

Green Room was so much fucking better though. Even thought I feel like the ending had absolutely no meaning.

>Covenant is the worst of non crossover movies

>Worst than Ressurection

Okay, elaborate.

Covenant makes Resurrection look like a masterpiece. I'm talking about the theatrical version, the special one is dumb as fuck.

Aliens is completely out-of-tone for the franchise, Alien 3 and Prometheus capture the tense, claustrophic atmosphere of the original far more than Aliens or Resurrection. Hell, I'd even rate Alien vs. Predator higher in that regard. The reason so many people like it the most is because it's the only one Blockbuster had for rental when they were growing up.

Prometheus had an absolute shit story, makes Aliens look like Citizen Kane. Alien and Aliens were the only two good ones in the entire series and they had way better stories.

Okay, please, tell me more. Why Covenant sucks?

>Why Covenant sucks?
For fuck's sake, did you stop watching after the opening sequence?

Aliens had an absolute shit story, makes Resurrection look like Citizen Kane. Alien, Alien 3 and Prometheus were the only two good ones in the entire series and they had way better stories.

Seriously though, "and then marines get sent in to take out the serial killer" is the sort of sequel a 13 year old would come up with, and I'm shocked that the nervous guy from Resurrection has become a meme and not the absolutely ridiculous twitchy "check it out" marine from Aliens.

>Name a flaw of Ripley

Suffering from PTSD. Has nightmares. Emotional outbursts. Flipped out on an android. Ruined the cornbread.

>Seriously though, "and then marines get sent in to take out the serial killer" is the sort of sequel a 13 year old would come up with

That doesn't make it less valid. Cameron's decision to make an action film out of the property was probably one of the only avenues he could take. Ridley basically perfected the scifi horror side of it, so why try to replicate that?

Ripley was always kind of a bitch, that seems to have been her main imperfection.

What makes her character work in these movies is that she's clear headed, all her solutions are simple enough, but when groups of people are in a panic that's a pretty important trait to have.

I watch the entirely movie and is okay, nothing close to be the best Alien movie, but overall is a good movie to me. Maybe I watch the movie in a different way that you, thats the reason because I want to know why you don't like it. I don't try to change you opinion, I just want to know why the people hate this movie so much.

Because it's a sci-fi horror franchise. You don't change the genre of a film for the sequel unless you're a fucking hack that can't come up with an original idea and wants to trick a bunch of fans into watching your shit.

>Terminator 2: Norman Conquest

Ironically, Sup Forums complains that no one acts like a real person in high stress situations in movies. And the moment a clear headed character enters the picture, they shout MARY SUE at the screen.

It really is infuriating.

where is it written that it had to remain a scifi horror franchise? Are you also ass blasted that the fast and furious movies are no longer about street racing?

The fact that the xenos basically become canon fodder (formidable cannon fodder) in the second film doesn't take anything away from their lethality in the first film.

>Are you also ass blasted that the fast and furious movies are no longer about street racing?
I don't watch such shit movies but I'm not at all surprised that Aliens fans do.

>where is it written that it had to remain a scifi horror franchise?
Writing 101

You bitch and whine at unoriginality, but bitch and whine at a director for changing the tone of a sequel. You are full of contradictions.

I'm honestly glad to know you're a troll and there aren't really people who hold these opinions.

>writing 101

lol, ok. Have a nice day, user.

>I'm honestly

There is nothing honest about you. You sicken me.

I change the Aliens xeno desing for the Covenant one but for the rest, I agree.

Agreed.

I had never watched Alien until last year. I watched it. Unfortunately I had also just watched The Thing for the first time a few days before and Alien was just shit in comparison.

Then I watched Aliens. When it was over I was mystified by the love it gets. I mean, it was ok...but definitely one of Jim's worst flicks.

I've not bothered watching any of the others. Don't really see the point in wasting my time.

What should I expect from a board that seethes with defensive maneuvers for BvS.

You have to have a brain tumor to not love Aliens for directing, acting, AND WRITING.

It is truly GOAT.

Wets the bed.

Hey user, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

People have different tastes. I accept that.
However, I cannot accept this ultra-pleb opinion of Aliens. You have a live crab inside your skull thrashing about and snipping at your grey matter.

you can't respond a fucking question? Wow, the shills get more stupid every day.

Are you just now realizing James Cameron was Michael Bay before Michael Bay? Fuck off, OP.

>visual master piece [sic]

Yeah, that set right when the marines first come in sure is convincing

But I agree with you just a master mind can write those epic lines

GAME OVER, MAN! GAME OVER XD

Seeing the xeno before gave her PTSD. She suddenly gets over it and becomes hypercompetent while trained soldiers keep getting their asses kicked by slow-moving oversized bugs.

That line was improvised.

It's funny and you don't get it because you're bitter that you don't get invited to parties.

lmao you insufferable contrarian faggot.

Aliens is one of the only films that approaches true entertainment perfection.

and they did it on 16 million.

No way in the fucking world could you get a flick made 5% as good as Aliens now for 16M.

Mary Sue shriekers always want their movies to be about someone boring. A million stories out there and they want the one with less high adventure.

I understand enjoying shit talking and complaining. But you are piss splashing Aliens. You need to snap out of it and look around.

LET'S ROCK! Get away from her, you BITCH! LOL XD

And the Bishop's knife thrick scene in fast forward to looks fast! Waaa haha.

LET'S ROCK! Get away from her, you BITCH! LOL XD

And the Bishop's knife trick scene in fast forward to looks faster! Waaa haha.

78% chance that you have bad breath and don't know it.
61% chance that you have a pee-tinged foul body odor.

You seriously are flawed.

>78% chance that you have bad breath and don't know it.
>61% chance that you have a pee-tinged foul body odor.
>You seriously are flawed.

wtf I insist you know it is you I address

She was always hyper-competent and in that movie extra so because she had a kid to care about right after she learned her own kid had died. It's perfectly reasonable.

Jesus Christ, kid. Did you just not have a dad or....?

Aliens is shit ans would be ranked alongside "US Marines vs. Michael Myers" if anyone got tricked into something so stupid by a meme director.

this movie was so fucking boring and that main bitch was ugly as sin senpai

Little Larry's dad is a beta male

I've never understood why Sup Forums can't just appreciate both Alien and Aliens as two different approaches. We saw what happened when Ridley Scott tried to rehash the original. I'm happy Cameron didn't try to copy the same formula.

>slow-moving oversized bugs.

Now I'm just convinced this kid hasn't seen Alien or Aliens. At what point does the xenomorph run around at a brisk pace in the original? And in Aliens they're bouncing off walls and shit. Jumping down vent shafts at people. In the med bay attack they're bursting through ceilings and vaulting obstacles to get to the marines.

>We saw what happened when Ridley Scott tried to rehash the original
Exactly, it was brilliant, as we came to expect from seeing Alien 3. And Cameron was clearly phoning it in and reusing everything he could from Terminator.

Meh. To each his own. Personally I think having a solo alien as a threat was only effective once and the other Alien movies that copied the formula never came close to matching it.

Aliens is fine but it should have been its own separate thing not connected to the Alien franchise.

The sequel Alien deserved was a Prometheus with better writing and editing.

>helmets

Alien > Alien Covenant > Prometheus >>> Aliens > Alien 3 > Alien Resurrection

He probably got paid 50 cent by Neill Blomkamp to make that comment.