Budget: $60 million

>Budget: $60 million
>Box Office: $47 million

LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/79SxL85wHkA
youtu.be/pij5lihbC6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they had the bad luck to release the movie just when everybody was getting sick of Michael Cera

LE KEK

There's a reason his face is NOT on the poster

>Girl I like has a ton of exes
>Fight them for access to my purple dyed hippie pussy.

Literally "Cuckold The Movie".

It's a fun little plot though, the idea is pretty clever. At least if you are making a movie that is 100% style over substance.

This movie is like a time capsule of the year 2010 though.

Not sure if that's good or bad.

Hamona worst girl

As far as I'm concerned its become somewhat of a cult classic.

How can Scott Pilgrim even compete?

>hippie

It really is. I rewatched it a few months ago, and it struck me how it perfectly and specifically captures that moment in time. It's still pretty great, but it's a much different experience from watching it the first time.

Is this bait? The metaphor really isn't that complicated, senpai.

millennials first indie

>someone dating others in the past that you haven't even dated makes you a cuck
Are you fucking retarded?

How did this movie cost so much to make?

>that's only domestic

Advertising and paying the actors most likely

It's a bad idea to make a film dedicated to people who know how to pirate

It would have been profitable as a Netflix release though, i think a movie like this was a few years too early

It only made 1.5 million overseas. I imagine that means it probably only got released in a handful of cities.

If you hyper focus on it like that, kinda yeah.

I remember the threads on here and Sup Forums when this was first realised.

Was literally nothing but "DUDE, ONLY HIPSTERS LIKE SCOTT PILGRIM LMFAO"

>Beating up all your GF's exes for exclusive access to her pussy

That's like anti-cuck, showing all her ex-boyfriends that your better than them.

small fry compared to the Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity

"Nerds" went to go see The Expendables instead that weekend. It's definitely made its money back in DVD/Blu-Ray sales though.

It did mega-bucks overseas though

>moving the goalposts

No, OP's number is the combined total, and the movie did worse overseas than domestically.

>he didn't end up with the chinese teenager

Just watched again last night. I think it's a fun film to watch with pretty damn funny moments. Good work from a good director in my opinion.

Younger, no exes, never kissed a boy, and cuter.
Then Scott drops her and Young Neil tears that pussy up.

nice opinion lad

Has Edgar Wright ever made a film that wasn't reddit?

Shaun Of The Dead was a comfy British film until the Americans discovered it

>enjoyong a movie then dropping it because of others
Reddit as fuck

time machines aint cheap

>an epic of epic epicness

really embodies this whole era where charisma was fucking dead. Just and endless sea of ironic epic irony.
Is "Scott Pilgrim" cool? No, it certainly is not, but it sure bludgeoned cool to death and went all Hannibal lector on it.

this

in my opinion i think it was a poorly advertised film due to the concept and thus why it failed at the box office. critically praised throughout and have even gained a cult following in the last few years.

I personally love the film

It flopped because no one even heard of Scott Pilgrim outside of comic fans at the time.
Comics weren't really "cool" yet either, so people weren't clamoring to see it.
Plus, a leaked copy was online a month before release.

Can Wright do anything wrong? His last 5 films have all been at least great.

how the fuck does that movie have a $400,00 Production Budget?

tax evasion

The game they made around this time was pretty good. It's a shame they delisted it on every store, I'd like to play it again.

I think it was more based off the comic though.

>he never watched the alternate ending

Do yourself a favour, friend:
youtu.be/79SxL85wHkA

It's a good thing. Some people will say it's dated because of that but it did capture that moment in time perfectly and the movie itself is still great.

It was a really fucking annoying film. there were some bits, the fight with the twins or whatever they were and chris evans, that's it. the rest is obnoxious trash.

the cuck angle is that you're putting a heavily used vagina on a pedestal.

>Production Budget: $400,000
i'm going to assume this was spent on making the battery hen farm look authentic while really they let those chickens out onto glorious hired pasture in between takes

The movie looks retarded as fuck until you actually watch it. Can't blame no one for wanting a super quirky Micheal Cera capeshit comedy.

It was proto reddit flick

I really miss when you could enjoy this kind of humour around here without being called a cancerous faggot or a redditor.

anyone else read the graphic novels?

most of the characterizations were fine, but Cera as Scott is such a weird fit. he toned down the awkwardness a little, but Scott is spastic and mildly selfish/dickish and that didn't really come across

anyway, nice seeing Toronto showcased in cinema so prominently. good film.

I'm pretty sure it did well on Bluray though. I don't know any high school to college aged kid who doesn't own a copy of it.

that's never been the case.
>inb4 shut up newfaggot
give me three examples.

I remember all the Ramona Flowers wannabes this movie spammed

>7 years ago
JUST

Yeah I don't really get the Cera casting. Scott's not exactly cool, but he's much cooler than Cera.

10/10 reddit tier, as someone mentioned earlier, it is "Cuckold The Movie". And people defend this garbage by saying it had alot of style. The problem is that the style was garbage to. Will not rewatch.

i remember being dragged to that movie by my dad
i didn't really like it

This is true, for whatever reason it was popular to spam the word "hipster" about this movie/comic/video game without even having read or seen it. Or knowing what a hipster is.

So I dunno why people were so dumb about it, but it seemed so unfair to me that I went ahead and gave the comic a try. And I liked it.

your dad thinks you're a nerdy redditor I'm so sorry

ND is maximum comfy movie
scott pilgrim sucks ass

cinematography was eh, acting was shit, gimmicky visuals. bought the graphic novel art steelbook in glorious blu-ray like 5 years ago, saw it last week, I can see why I bought it then but I wouldn't today.

>Edgar Wright directs a movie with autismo Michael Cera as the lead and a few known supporting actors, good guy wins, cashing in on graphic novel film adaptation trend
>Edgar Wright directs a movie with autismo as the the lead and a few known supporting actors, good guy wins, Drive knockoff
>too Reddit
no fucking shit

Mister Mendo probably would of liked this movie more if he watched that ending.

>not including the DVD and BluRay sales

What did he mean by this?

>acting was shit
Blatantly false

It was shot in film right?

Yet people still talk about more than the majority of blockbusters released that year and it has a devoted cult following.

not true, i love michael cera to this day still, wish he would come up in more films and i think hes doing another with edgar, he posted a tweet one time with him

also, they released it at a bad time with a bunch of other big releases

youtu.be/pij5lihbC6k

>he thinks Scott was a good guy

keke

Didn't it make like over 20 million in DVD and Blu-ray sales?

doesn't necessarily mean they fucked just because they dated gaynon, also I'm pretty sure one of them she dated when she was in like middle school or some shit, so its unlikely they banged then
this

Is this Mormonkino?

It mystifies me how this guy can have over a million subs when his videos amount to most basic observations.

yup at all the cons

Just goes to show how many people can't make their own basic observations and think that those who can are some kind of gods.

More annoying than that is that they think they can criticise a film that they don't understand on the most basic of levels.

Does he have competition that do a more thorough job?

That's not what "cuck" is, you complete moron.

Scott pilgrim! Man that's obscure

Before "nĂ¼male" was a word, the only adjective to describe those faggots was "hipster". Also, Canadians are fucking gay and so is this movie and manga. And yes, "hipster" is both a noun and an adjective.

...faggot.

silence everyone, let this expert in being a cuckold speak

best mormon movie

consumerism and weird internet 'loyalty'
kiddies feeling like they're a part of something

Thanks for the (You).

Ramona and Scott were cringe and they were the basis of the movie, so yes the acting was shit. a combined 20 minutes of screen time from his roommate, Aubrey Plaza, Anna Kendrick, Chris Evans, Brie Larson, and Jason Schwartzman don't even bring it up a letter grade when the other two are in every scene.

>inb4 Chris Evans wew
not like he had to method act to play a Chad

I liked that one were the two guys want to be pirates but it's modern day and there on a lake. it's allegory of them being gay or something I forget the name but that tranny diamanda hagan reviewed it wasn't bad

You seem inexplicably angry. May I suggest Sup Forums, or Sup Forums.

suggest reddit desu

>le reddit meme

Did I trigger you? Do you need a hug?

When will you realize and accept that not everybody in the world is a cinema/movie enthusiast?
You didn't learn a damn thing because you already know it, but a lot of people actually learn something about cinema/movies from Youtube channels like Nerdwriter1 and Every Frame a Painting.

this desu

It's a good film, how did it tank so hard?

Camera crews, studios, renting for at least one year? Are you retarded?

I'm so glad I never paid anything for this garbage

THIS IS REDDIT
THIS IS MEMES

>Every Frame a Painting
I actually learned from his Drive video, is he still alive?

>mfw I liked it